View Single Post
Citizen

Abrac 
Citizen

All the images from the Waite-Trinick Tarot can be viewed at the British Museum website, http://www.britishmuseum.org/researc...25678&partId=1, scroll down the page to see thumbs. I say all, but I believe there are additional versions of some of the cards in Abiding in the Sanctuary which aren't shown on the BM website.

I don't have the book so anything I say will have to be taken with that in mind. As you may have noticed on Mary Greer's blog, about halfway down the page in the Comments section, Paul Nagy has posted links to a teleconference based on the book, which he hosted. The second link opens a page which has all five weeks listed in the sidebar and can be downloaded. I've listened to all five a couple of times, and based on the discussion the participants don't seem to have much of a clue as to what the images are supposed to represent. This isn't a criticism of them, but it tells me something about the book, which doesn't seem to have been very well researched. It has the images and some very superficial descriptions and that's about it. It does have a Tree of Life diagram that shows Waite's letter/tarot/path correspondences used in the Fellowship of the Rosy Cross, but these have been available since 2002 when Decker and Dummett published them in A History of the Occult Tarot (2002). I'm not one to diminish someone else's work and effort so I will only say the authors should be applauded for bringing these images to people's attention (although the Waite-Trinick Tarot had already been written about and described at least as early as 2002 in A History of the Occult Tarot). Is it worth the money you'll have to fork over if and when you can find a copy? Definitely not in my opinion.

K. Frank Jensen has written an unvarnished review of Abiding in the Sanctuary which seems to have been scrubbed from the internet, at least I can't find it anymore. I have a copy though. If anyone's interested PM me and I'll give you the download link.
Top   #10