Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - advance study - Intentions

Sylvie Steinbach

Mysterious title for actually a very often asked question: what are his intentions toward this person (or me)?

As requested I will put the actual spread reading so that you can all work on it and give your insights. I will then add important tips onto how to approach the request to make sure everyone got it right -in their minds!

Case study #1

Q: what are his intentions towards me?

A:
26 Book + 21 Mountain + 10 scythe + 27 letter + 28 Man + 8 Coffin + 13 Child + 35 Anchor + 36 Cross

Again I need you to tell me why on your answers...At this point I would expect all advance students to know how I like to see your analysis. ;)
lol every one!!!

Phoenix Rising

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Case study #1

A:
26 Book + 21 Mountain + 10 scythe + 27 letter + 28 Man + 8 Coffin + 13 Child + 35 Anchor + 36 Cross
Firstly looking to left of man key card we have letter which suggests that he may communicate with her through some form of written communication (a dear john letter) He may also be quite intellectual.
Coffin to his right says that he obviously feels that something is over, and that he is going through some sort of major change, he may also be feeling a little depressed.
Book may suggest that he has not been open about himself and he still holds a few little secrets, with mountain it could be one that he has held or continue to hold for quite a long time yet. He may also harbour some destructive habit, but he is pending a decision which will come through written communication.

The child suggests that his approach maybe a little childish, especially if he wants to end the relationship and not communicate face to face. Anchor+cross painful life experience.

I think that he may send her a letter(email, txt) and explain that he doesn't wish to continue with the relationship, obviously something that he has been holding onto for a while maybe since adolence. He may explain to her about the sorrows and guilts that he still holds, the other thought was a illness that he has had for a long time. (coffin, cross)

So this doesn't look like a very promising reading for the querent. He has a dark cloud around him. Or maybe the child is talking about an actual child, who is not well.

Phoenix

indianstorm

intentions

Case study #1

A:

Analysis-

Key card- 28 Man

recent past-

26 book-secrets/unrevealed information/ thoughts
21 mountain- delay/obstacle/blockage
10 scythe- sharp break/abrupt decision/to cut off
27 letter- communication-in written form

28 man

future-
8 coffin- end/closure/transformation/low mood
13 child- early stage/ young
35 anchor- stability/ perseverance/
26- cross- grief/worry/stress

synthesis:
secrets/thoughts are not disclosed due to mental/thought blokage therefore he hasnt been able to make any decisions or communicate this. letter in past location- means should have communiated one way or the other if he has made up his mind.

in future- he experiences somekind of ending/closure therefore - puts him in a low mood negative thinking phase-has to start again (child) with stabilty issues (anchor)- trying to create a stabile work/life/personal environment which will cause him grief/sorrow/stress(cross).

so- what i get from of this- he is too preoccupied with other stuff that the querant has no clue about which is probably gonna be so for a long while- ergo- she should let this one sail with his issues- :) he is not thinking of her..

Stormy

ps- an addendum- i was thinking i maybe a little harsh judging this guy- if i gave him the benefit of the doubt- i would say- he has a mental block when it comes to making a decision about what/how to communicate. in the future- he undergoes a change, starts afresh, focuses on issues of stability-eg w
work/personal life etc- faces the grief/sorrow or stress a little better as he will be focusing on the stuff that matters to him. i still standby that she doesnt configure in his thought process in the future based on the cards--

ana luisa

I have been following the threads and thought I may give this a try. There are some questions at the end which I don't you don't mind me posting :)

What are his intentions towards me ?

Assuming the Man is the key card:

Book shows he is an intelligent person, with a very good education also reinforced by the Letter that comes later on. The Book also implies he has stayed a bit secretive of how he felt (Book) and this created a wall of communication in the couple (Book + Mountain). I also felt the Mountain + Scythe showed that this decision to end the relationship has been delayed for quite a while. The result is a break up from his part (Scythe) which will be quick and not done in person (Letter). The coffin is the result of this break up, giving up on a relationship. The Man + Coffin reinforced drepression as well as Coffin + Child which adds that his whole personality might be of a drepressive/destructive nature. The child brings the fragility to the reading which may help understand why he is like that, again, when it comes to relationships.
Anchor + Cross - here, I got torn. It could mean that the break up will be for good and that a lot of guilt will be involved (Cross) but also that settling down (Anchor) is something that brings him pain (Cross). Clearly though, a person who has a lot of difficulty relating and is of a shy nature.

My questions are - Coffin + Child + Anchor + Cross mean that having a major change in life (Coffin) and having children (Child) would force him to settle (Anchor) which is something he finds difficult to deal with (Cross) ?
Can the Child BE a child ?
Can, in a reading like this, the left side and the right side stand for past and future in the relationship in question even though that was not the point asked ?

Thank you for letting me try this one !

LisaW

Intentions?

Case study #1
A:

The key card is the 28man, as we're asking about his intentions.

The 26Book says there is something that the man has not shared with the querent. With the 21Mountain, it hints that there has been a long, drawn out matter, with delays..which I think the 10Scythe +27Letter describe(divorce papers).
I think he's been through a long hard divorce that's just now being finished.
The 8Coffin shows that he is going through a major transition in his life, (going from being married to single), but I also think that he lost a child in this split; or the Child card is showing that he is very vunerable right now. The 35Anchor +36Cross show that he has been through the mill, and this divorce is going to have a long lasting, painful effect on him emotionally.

I'm sorry to say, that I don't think this man has any intentions towards the querant at this time, he is too caught up in this life altering event at the moment, and wouldn't be a good candidate for anything "more".

LisaW

Sylvie Steinbach

adds on

This was requested by one of the students so therefore the person who suggested this one may have the answer to what is going on in the life of this individual. I don't have the information.

I like Lisa's analysis though each one of yours can be good. I will break down my own take on this one knowing that I don't have feedback to see who came the closest to the truth -that is the beauty of advance course even the teacher does not know all the info! ;)

Sylvie Steinbach

break down

Case study #1
A:

The key card is the man card of course because we are asking about his intentions. If we were to look at a woman's thoughts we will have picked the woman card. Is anyone clear on this?

The letter emphasizes on a situation that just took place in a form of a message or some paper work.
The book shows that this man has not been revealing what he has been thinking for quite awhile. The mountain confirms the duration and the scythe ends the agony by creating an action. Most likely this man just made some form of announcement or voiced out what was hidden for so long.

The coffin is also important -right next to the key card! Probably depressive period accompanied by a big change -ending?
The child shows either a real child but it can also talk about his state of mind. Acting like a child or being irresponsible as one...Anchor and cross do show stability overall but the pain is obvious.

So the question was: what are his intentions?
Either this man is ending some serious situation in his life and he is in no shape ready for anything serious such as relationship or romance
OR he is about to walk away from a situation in which he was not happy and therefore we are predicting an ending on his side.

As I mentioned I am as blind as you are in this one :) but I hope the way I put the break down will help you to adjust the way you analyze the spread. Try to avoid adding things outside of the realm of the question. Lisa did well this time!!! ;) Kuddo Lisa.
The reason is that the question is simple and to the point. Don't over do it or you most likely will add stuff that are not right...

lol
sylvie

Phoenix Rising

Actually, I am really bad for woffling on in my readings, and I must try and remember to keep it simple. I think with having multi meanings to each card I can get confused trying to think which one applies. But seeing the simple break down that Sylvie does and others to of course, I'm able to see the connection.

I'm so glad you are able to work with us in the forum, I would be forever lost otherwise.

PR

Sylvie Steinbach

Analysis

Yes the way i break it down is the way to go... If you go all over the place you are going to have it wrong. If you add stuff irrelevant to the question you surely will have it wrong. The cards will answer strictly the question nothing else (actually the rest is interference to trick you). Get good habits right from the start. Once you are very experienced with the way the cards talk to you, you will have your own style but until then...mine is the model to copy.

Multil level readings are again for experienced Lenormand people who are used to focus, compartment their thoughts and have clarity on what they are looking for. If you got started and went through the basic course you will have trouble dealing with it. That is why you MUST practice.

I need to remind everyone here that it takes years to master a tool not days or weeks. If your expectation is to be a pro in a few weeks you are IN for a major disappointment and you may give up the deck all together!!!

Big mistake! there are going to be phases where you will question your cards and wonder if you can do it...or moments when you will want to just go back to what is familiar to you -Tarot for example! even though it was not satisfiying in the first place. Everytime we learn something new we will encounter challenges and set backs. The key is to know that and just persist.

Perseverance is no longer practice in our society: instant gratification and easy rides are now the way to live. In occult sciences you can't become a master if you lack of perseverance and fire! When I started this virtual course I asked students to practice on other people...Watch out not to practice on yourself exclusively!!!! You will get frustrated and you won't progress. YOu must do readings on others and on topics you do not have any insights from -if you do on friends for example. Do readings onto others on the condition they give you feedback. If they don't, then do not offer to read for them!

Now I had requests that were focused on readings done by you...I am trying to avoid to transform the threads into 'can you please read for me or my friends' type. So your requests have to have an interesting topic -like in the past threads regarding fertility- or have a specific challenge. I am not here to do readings for you or having others read your spread...you can do that in a blog like some smart students decided to do. I am here to teach you new tricks and to correct your analytical system to ensure you got good habits.

So if you submit a case study you need to submit it to me first and you must have the feedback on that reading you did...I do not want to work on blinds because there is nothing to learn from them unless we have the answers so that we can discuss how we got there and why the cards were placed that way. I hope everyone understand why I request this...

So please keep that in mind: case studies must have been already fullfilled -meaning you know the outcome of the question- basically you must have the feedback from your clients in order to submit. I won't address health as well since this is a public forum and therefore there are legal issues with posting such topic. You can ask me technical questions and I will incorporate them into case studies.

I have plenty to give you that will illustrate what you need to learn -again I am talking about giving up secrets! but if you submit readings that have no feedback and yourself do not know the outcome we end up working blind on something we can not learn from! So please make an effort regarding your inquiries.

I want specific questions not general topics regarding a friend...I do not want to dedicate this workshop on double checking your readings on friends either. That is your homework assignment -meaning doing reading and being right on or miss the message all together! So that you can learn to tight up your reading habits and change them if your clients are not happy with the accuracy of your predictions. Making mistakes is hard to the ego but it is a good reality check on your psychic abilities and what you still have to improve.

I will focus at the advance level onto the multi level reading that you need to be confortable with. It is a time savior and it will improve your focus level. So the next thread will be about relationships -90% of the requests by clients by the way!

I see you at the next advance thread....

sylvie