Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

cjtarot

I'm being selfish...lol

Chronata,

HEHE..YOUR CARDS AND IDEAS ARE WONDERFUL...

So, I'm posting so I can watch this thread..keep looking for attachments.

I have to say..I love your emperess..The moon and sun are great..but I WANT A COPY of the emperess..lol..I can't wait to see the other cards..

Blessings and keep going..

CJ

M-Press

Ironwing said:
Don't hide behind the "I'm not a professional!" statement. Claim your ability. Accept praise and criticism. Seek your true vision and work hard to create it. Some will not understand, but you will also delight many people.

Can't agree more. Nothing to ad. Print this and stick it up your wall!
;)

Chronata

Thank you again to everyone who has responded!
And O.K. O.K... I promise not to be so shy about sharing and to accept that I am an artist...even though I have never learned the rules, and I have no idea how someone uses a color wheel!

Your support of this crazy dream of mine and your wonderful encouragement has made me panic a little less when I realize...78 paintings!!! I must be out of my mind! :D

I wanted to mention a bit about the borders...or lack therof.
My thought is to go borderless with these cards, mostly because I think a lot of the images already have a border built in with the velvet drapes and the collums, and also because one of my favorite decks is the Morgan Greer...which I adore, in part, because of the bold image that completely covers the cards.

But is it too strange to have a borderless deck? And if I were to have borders, can anyone here offer me some ideas on what they should look like? I really don't have any clue what would work with the design.

This next card is Death.
And a weird thing happened with it, that I thought I should share...
Originally there was a child depicted in this card.
Right there...on the left.
He was in my preliminary sketches, and was even drawn into the card itself.
But somewhere along the way to completion...he just vanished.
And the one behind the Grinning Skull is not talking...

Attachments

• mmdeath.jpg
    mmdeath.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 387

skytwig

Bravo!!!!!

This is so much fun!!!!

I think you are correct about the borderlessness.... the pictures define themselves..... I think a border would be too much and would end up taking away from the picture.

M-Press

Need Bleed

Hi!
I really the Death card!
I tgink you are definitely fine with no border, but you are notthat fine woth no bleed....
You need to draw around a bit more, so even when the knife comes down to cut the card, it won't come some of the center image...
If you haven't done up to now, you'll be able to reconstruct in photoshop some, when time will come. But for the rest, make AT LEAST 1/4inch bleed, it will also help give some air, in the composition. OK, so give it 1/2 inch, even an inch, you might want to zoom oput a bit...
look swonderful!!

HudsonGray

Yes, that's a printing problem, where they need to cut. You can put cutting guidelines outside the cards on the ends, which is what brochure art does. That gives them a guide as to where & how close.

Wasn't there a thread about people cutting up the edges of their cards to remove frames & borders? A lot of people LIKE their cards with art going right out to the edges. A number of people would be thrilled to see a deck without framing on the sides.

Majecot

YAY!!!

I love your Death, it is fabulous... anxiously awaiting the next card..

aren't these previews great? :D

Mercenary30... I see our trip drawing closer :)

I too like them without a frame Chronata.

Chronata

New Cards!

I never got to say thanks for the info on borders!

I totally understand the problem of "bleed"...as I have made a few greeting cards from these images, and I realize that there almost has to be a thin black border around each image, otherwise it does get difficult to cut properly.

This next card I am sharing is the Hermit.

He was the second card I worked on after the Empress, and I called him "complete" simply because I wanted to work on the Moon.
But he was woefully incomplete, and I knew it. That's why it's been so long in getting the image up there to see.

He originally was skulking in the shadows, all in dark grey and brown, and I realized that it was just wrong, for the "feel" that I wanted.

He's been completely repainted!

I think I owe the Return of The King for his new look.

Attachments

• mmhermita.jpg
    mmhermita.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 361

mercenary30

I WANT THIS DECK!!!!!

If you cut your sleeping down to 4 hours a day, and give up all your other hobbies for the next three months.......you could get this deck done.

I'll find a way to get it printed, one way or the other........ :D

Majecot said:
YAY!!!

I love your Death, it is fabulous... anxiously awaiting the next card..

aren't these previews great? :D

Mercenary30... I see our trip drawing closer :)

I too like them without a frame Chronata.

Heck, at this point I am willing to swim across Lake Michigan for it.....

Chronata

Heh. Well, Merc...you are one of the reasons I have new cards to show!
It's good to have someone nudging you to get things done...otherwise, with all the other "hobbies" I would never finish ANYTHING!

So...here's the Devil! Just for you, Mercenery30! :D

The great thing about working on several cards at once... is that you can change them all as you go.

My Devil is linked to the figures in the Lovers, and in the Tower...both of which are still in stages of non-completedness.

I finished him, rather ironically,(or perhaps not...) last night during a broadcast on PBS of Wayne Dyer, and his lecture about Intention.

This has quickly become my favorite card.

There might be some additions later...like a candelabra, but I don't know yet.

Attachments

• mmdevil.jpg
    mmdevil.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 350