Death & Wheel in combination

Saphirei

So I found the death card + the wheel card sitting on my bed very nicely placed and I dont know who did it. Im not saying I think the cards magically flew out of the deck or something but I swear when I left they were in my deck.

But what do you think those two cards mean in combination?

Death is sort of a mental rebirth and the wheel of fortune can usually mean good fortune... so... somethings telling me Im gonna have some kind of good enlightening?

PAMUYA

When the Wheel of Fortune appears in your reading, change is certain to happen. If crisis is heading your way remember in every crisis lies opportunity. Every path/direction leads somewhere; make the most you can out of it. As the saying goes “Go with the flow”, fighting your way up stream will only frustrate and discourage you...

Death is a card of forced change. Destruction followed by renewal. Courage is required to adapt, move forward and grow. If you hold back these changes, death will return again. Let go of old attitudes and high expectations which are holding you back. Let Death take place so renewal can begin.

There is change headed your way...

willowfox

Something ends and something good begins.

tarotlyn

...allowing a "dying to the old things"...so that the "new and fantastic things" can take their place:heart:

littlestar

I think it may mean that the "death" of a situation is going to take place so that new beginnings can emerge into your life that will prove to be more appealing to you than the way things have been. Its a change for the better.

balenciaga

"The time has arrived (Wheel) for it to end" (Death).

Catwomyn

Something is your life is ending but you get to spin the wheel of fortune once again for a new beginning.

In a philosophical-type reading, it could be literal death and reincarnation.

Grizabella

Of course the Death card is about ending/death/transformation of one thing into another. But the Wheel card could then be telling you that in spite of the ending, life goes on and nothing stays the same. I disagree, though, that it necessarily means something good is going to come about. It could just as easily mean something bad will come about. It just depends on where you or the situation already is on the Wheel---whether up or down.

tarotlyn

Griz...you are right...just "before" my husband had his huge stroke in Oct last
year, I kept getting the Wheel of Fortune as a result card in regards to his
health situation.

It did actually mean a "major change"... and it was a huge change and not
for the good or better either!

I now see this card as a major change in life's cycles, but a lot of readers don't agree.

Also there was one other member that posted, (can't remember who right now),
and said that it brought a major change in her mom's health and not for good either.

What goes up must come down...and what is down must go back up...
...like you said Griz, depending on where you are in your life...

SunChariot

littlestar said:
I think it may mean that the "death" of a situation is going to take place so that new beginnings can emerge into your life that will prove to be more appealing to you than the way things have been. Its a change for the better.

That is exactly my take on it too. While the Wheel just to me means something will come to you unexpectedly, not something you expected or planned for but just sent by the universe....not specifying if it is good or bad...My personal belief about how life works is that anything that ends in life does so to make room for something better. Life does not take things away from us to replace them with something worse. So because of my life philosophy, and because the Wheel followed the Death card here, it has to be something better that is coming to fill the void of what was taken away.

Babs