King of Pentacles & Knight of Cups

LovelyMissAries

I did the age old "How does he feel about me" and I drew the King of Pentacles.....twice, with a shadow of Knight of Cups. I know one would look at that and probably go "Oh, that's really good." except I see the King of Pentacles as the businessman and not necessarily romantic, and the Knight of Cups represents unconditional love as well, which is hard to derive romantic feelings out of you know?

So my question is, is the King of Pentacles a positive card to draw for this? Or does it say he sees me as a business partner (or has the same feelings towards me as he would a business partner) and what type of love do you feel the Knight of Cups represents?

Thirteen

Starlight09 said:
So my question is, is the King of Pentacles a positive card to draw for this? Or does it say he sees me as a business partner (or has the same feelings towards me as he would a business partner) and what type of love do you feel the Knight of Cups represents?
Remember the question. The question wasn't what kind of man he is (business man), it's how he feels about you. And right now, he feels that you're something of a commodity. He likes what he sees, he sees potential in it, riches, a worthy investment.

Underneath there is the potential for love.

Now, is this good/bad. Well, that depends on what you want. If you want passion, then it's bad. As he's not passionate, not burning up for you unable to keep his hands off you. If you want romance--roses and poetry--then it's bad. As he's keeping that under wraps for now and being practical; he's not giving into his potential romantic feelings and inclinations. If you want someone who takes you seriously and is thinking long-term and how to make a relationship pay off...Bingo! You've got it in spades.

rwcarter

Pentacles aren't only about money. They're also about the body and about foundation. So the KP could show that his feelings for you have a strong foundation or that his feelings bring him the emotional equivalent of the wealth that is associated with pentacles. His feelings are deep, abiding and grounded.

As for the KnC, are you saying you want someone who is romantically demonstrative (flowers, candy, wining and dining, etc.) whether or not he truly loves you instead of someone who loves you deeply but may not be demonstrative in that love? Cause I think the KnC will do the demonstrative part and make you feel like a Queen while he's doing it. He loves every woman he's with when he's with them. But as with most of the Knights, I think his attention span is rather short, so he'd be likely to have a wandering eye.

Given a choice between the two, I'd take the KP over the KnC any day for a long term relationship.

Rodney

Grizabella

Well, King of Pentacles isn't a very romantic card to get in the popular sense of the word, I don't think. But the King of Pentacles would be someone very down-to-earth, very watchful of money---not a spendthrift---and wouldn't be an altogether bad life partner. She'd be a sexy person in a very down-to-earth, matter-of-fact way, too, if that makes any sense to you. Maybe a hippie type woman. Somebody who wasn't real high maintenance, who could shell out the babies without a problem---has a home birth, uses a midwife, does the water birth, refuses medication for the pain, that sort of thing. And remember, I said not sexy "in the popular sense of the word". To the right guy, you'd be a hot little bombshell if that's what they're looking for in a woman.

Maybe you're sitting there thinking, "Egads! That's certainly not me!" but we're talking about what HE thinks of you. He may think you're those things, or he may think that with "the right guy" (meaning him, maybe), you'd be like that.

LovelyMissAries

rwcarter said:
As for the KnC, are you saying you want someone who is romantically demonstrative (flowers, candy, wining and dining, etc.) whether or not he truly loves you instead of someone who loves you deeply but may not be demonstrative in that love?

No, I was saying that if the Knight of Cups represents unconditional love, then that love goes around for everybody therefore it's a more general feeling rather than an exclusive feeling he has solely for me. But I'm not saying that having unconditional love for people a bad thing, of course not!

Thirteen

Starlight09 said:
No, I was saying that if the Knight of Cups represents unconditional love, then that love goes around for everybody therefore it's a more general feeling rather than an exclusive feeling he has solely for me.
Um, no actually. That'd be the King/Cups who has a wider range of unconditional love. He has to feel love and compassion for his family, his friends, his kingdom, as it were. The KNIGHT of Cups, however, like all knights, has a singular focus. He is after having that one great romantic love with one special person.

So this guy wants that, but remember, it's a shadow card. That means that he's not going to decide that you're the one who can give him that right away. King/Pents says that he feels he should take things slow and see if there's a pay-off to his feelings before he invests in that kind of romantic relationship with you. He's not going to waste it on anyone who's not worth it.

LovelyMissAries

Thirteen said:
Um, no actually. That'd be the King/Cups who has a wider range of unconditional love. He has to feel love and compassion for his family, his friends, his kingdom, as it were. The KNIGHT of Cups, however, like all knights, has a singular focus. He is after having that one great romantic love with one special person.

So this guy wants that, but remember, it's a shadow card. That means that he's not going to decide that you're the one who can give him that right away. King/Pents says that he feels he should take things slow and see if there's a pay-off to his feelings before he invests in that kind of romantic relationship with you. He's not going to waste it on anyone who's not worth it.

Ah! Yes. He does take things slow, we just talked about that briefly last night actually. Gahl, I've been having too many "blonde" moments today. And thank you for the clarification on the Knight and King of Cups, I was told the latter from another member and never bothered to question their sources etc.

Thank you Thirteen, and thank you to Griz and Rodney!