Modern Spellcaster's Tarot aka Magical Spellcaster Tarot

JeniReadsTarot

Study Group?

So do we have enough folks interested to start a study group? I'm planning on doing a blog post for every card, mostly to encourage myself to really dig into these as I just love them.

I'd be willing to start a study group thread (my first one!) if others are interested in discussing this deck. I'm very intrigued with the flipping of the elements and with all of the animals in this deck. I might actually get a handle on Aces and Court Cards now!

OaksWhispering

I am DEFINITELY interested in a study group for this deck.

athenafletcher

My deck arrived last week but I only got to open it now. I have yet to read with it but I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Sturdy magnetic box, the book looks interesting (the FEEL of the book is amazing) and Scott Murphy's art is, as expected, just lovely to behold. I love the rich use of colors, the expressions, and the diverse characters. The cardstock is not as fragile as I'd feared. Granted, I've been spoiled too much by MRP/Baba Studio decks, but the deck does feel good in my hands and shuffling it is a breeze. Glad I was enabled by several of you. :D

Tanga

Fantastic!

How many folks do we need to start one, do you think?

So do we have enough folks interested to start a study group? I'm planning on doing a blog post for every card, mostly to encourage myself to really dig into these as I just love them.

I'd be willing to start a study group thread (my first one!) if others are interested in discussing this deck. I'm very intrigued with the flipping of the elements and with all of the animals in this deck. I might actually get a handle on Aces and Court Cards now!

Actually for a study thread I believe one only needs one person. :)
(as I know someone did a whole thread on a deck on their own).
And yes - I'd be interested.
So - just begin!
PM me that you've begun it so that I don't miss it.

I've just opened mine today - received as an Yule/Xmas request.
Wahey!

..shame about the thin cardstock though. :(

JeniReadsTarot

And yes - I'd be interested.
So - just begin!
:(

Will do! (I've got a few readings backed up because.. Holidays.. but I will start it soon

rwcarter

Yes, it only takes one person to do a study group. I've completed two all by myself (the Mythic and the Ancient Egyptian), so it can be done.

With a deck like this one with strange symbolism and few explanations, the more people the better I'd think as the more ideas thrown around the more likely a workable explanation is to be found for some of the images in the deck (hooded squirrel, I'm talking to you!)....

Rodney

Tanga

...With a deck like this one with strange symbolism and few explanations, the more people the better I'd think as the more ideas thrown around the more likely a workable explanation is to be found for some of the images in the deck (hooded squirrel, I'm talking to you!)....

Rodney

Yes - it's all rather interesting... :)

I love that there's a Dachshund in The Moon, The World is holding mistletoe, and there are crystals in the pot of the 7 Of Pents. Lol (that could be me).
I have to say it's rather wonderfully "modern spellcaster" (say's a modern spellcaster).
The Ace of Swords reminds me interestingly, of Maxine Sander's autobiography, Fire Child (Alexandrian Wicca), and the dog in the Page Of Pents - of my own favourite hound growing up at home (I had a liver coloured doberman. Somehow the dog's posture just captures him).

An exciting new ritual deck - and I think I'll be reading with it too. Hence, I can feel a 2nd deck coming on at some point...

Plus - I'm loving the multiracial mix.
:love: :love:

Beancrew49

I just got this deck and it looks fantastic. I'd be interested in a study group, but I'd like to read the companion book first. I hope there is information about all the symbols hidden throughout the deck because there are so many! If not, maybe that can be a topic of discussion.

tigerlilybug

I'd be interested in a study group!