Good spreads for clarification

Keslynn

Last night, I did a reading about (as usual) my love life. In this case, I did a simple Past, Present, Future 3 card spread. The second two cards were courts - King of Wands and Princess (Knight) of Swords. I am absolutely mystified as to what these mean. I can see the Princess of Wands potentially being me in future. But the King of Wands? I don't see myself as presently manifesting those qualities, nor can I really think of someone who fits.

Does anyone have a good spread that can be used for clarification of such matters? I would do a Celtic Cross but I was thinking it was a little too in depth, especially since I am starting out not knowing what these cards mean.

Jenny-Li

Hi!

Interesting question, I'm looking forward to reading the other responses you will get.

My take is very simple: I don't make a specific spread out of it, but deal clarification cards to the original spread. That is I ask a question like "What does this mean?" (often I get a "direction" from the card there from the start, and ask for some depth to understand better)

This means I don't do a specific spread, but take a more "flexible" approach - do I need to know something, I'll just ask for THAT and nothing else...!

Hope you'll get lot's of othe replies, I'll read them with a huge interest!

Jenny :)

aeonx

Keslynn: If I have troubles understanding a spread, I some times use another spread to look for parallells and clarification. In your case, you might consider trying jema's love spread:

1-how you love yourself
2-how you love others
3-what may be blocking the flow of love
4-what can help you invite love into your life
5-what may serve to keep you on the path of love

Even though one is in a relationship, this is a great spread for clarification on love matters. It's usually dead on and very concise. :) Good luck!

~aeonx~

Keslynn

Hmmm

Thanks, aeon. It might help if I tried that spread again. The only problem with that is: I did the three card spread to see if I was on the right path in applying the information I got from doing jema's love spread. *lol* So my reading was seeing how the love spread applied to actual events. Would it be too circular to do another love spread?

:) Kes

aeonx

Keslynn: *lol* OK. Well, if you do another spread, I would wait a few days. Sometimes, if one asks the same questions over and over again in a short period of time, the deck will make no sense in the end. You could post the two spreads in the 'Your Readings'-section, so we might help you out. :)

~aeonx~

Jewel

Mary Greer's "Tarot for Yourself" has a great section on expanding three card readings for clarification.

starfish66

Oh, I love the Starlight Spread you posted, Bec. I tried it out earlier this morning for some clarification on a card and it worked wonderfully!

Thanks for posting the link (btw, love your site with all of the awesome spreads).

:TQC Starfish

Jewel

bec said:
I am surprised that none of you have suggested the StarLight spread we all did in spread exercises with Thirteen.

Was that spread from the Sandor Konraad book?

bec

yup jewel thats the one :)