LS Secret Tarot - 10 of Wands

MareSaturni

Well, i've seen there were no recent discussions about this deck, but i've just bought it and really, really want to start studying it again. Hope no one minds.
That's why i've chosen the 10 of wands (you can see a picture here: http://tarotkorea.new21.net/deck/Secret/Wands10.jpg )...it's a card i like, however, it's very different from the other decks. It shows a woman holding a skull and cigarette, in front of a wide window. Let's agree - she doesn't look like she has done any hard work (the 10 of wands usually shows a person who, although has conquered all she/he wants, is now overloaded with responsabilities/work).

In a recent thread (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=46919 ) Thirteen said that maybe the hard working person was the skull - her partner, the owner of the place, who worked to make all perfect and ended up wasting all his energy (hence, dying).

It's a wonderful interpretation, still i'd like to see other points of view...how do you see this card?

aaquwaa

Hi Miss Yuko,
I like the Secret Tarot too. Would love to share some thoughts with you.
I love Thirteens take on this card. Granted the lovely lady doesn't seem to have had much of a struggle. Maybe this skull is just one of many. She certainly doesn't look like she would have any qualms about controlling or manipulating someone to get what she wants. Another thing that strikes me are those craggy cliffs, or mountains or whatever they are. This lady doesn't seem to fit the stage. Maybe that skull was the previous wife or something. :)
Thanks for the post and the link,
aaquwaa

MareSaturni

No aaquwaa i thank YOU for answering this post! I was afraid no one else was interested in this interesting deck. You're right, the lady definitely doesn't fit her environment...she's too elegant, to 20th century looking for this medieval thing. Hum...i wonder if that could add anything to our interpretation.

Anyway, here is what i post when discussing the card with Thirteen. Just posting again so anyone who comes across can see how i personally see this card:
miss_yuko said:
(...)I find also interesting in this card that, unlike all the other, the wands here are just a...part of background. Tapestry? Anyway, these are usually heavy things, hard to hang on the high castle's walls...but when the lady walked in the room, the work was all done.
Maybe her partner was the boss, the owner of that place...and he wanted it to be all perfect (for her?) and ended up wasting all his energy on it. And she...is just enjoying? When there's one obsessive hard-woker, some others tend to just 'be carried around'. That's very common in school, where one does the work and wants it perfect with the best grade, and the others just enjoy the ride.

MareSaturni

Please people, keep commenting :)

Saleheim

I really like the deck and this card is classy. I also use it in readings.

Great descriptions so far. I was wondering why the two wands were not on the wall but on the ground in a different pattern. I have no idea why this is the case but it made me wonder.

MareSaturni

Saleheim said:
I was wondering why the two wands were not on the wall but on the ground in a different pattern. I have no idea why this is the case but it made me wonder.

Hum...i see no wands on the floor. All 10 wands are on the wall...in each tapestry, there are 4 vertical wands and one horizontal. See it? Then you have ten wands.
I think those are just marks on the the floor or something. What makes me wonder more is WHY the wands are on the wall. I have some thoughts about it, but i'd love to read other's opinions. Nobody is carrying the wands, nobody is working. The overwhelming work, apparently, HAS be done already.

This card, actually, makes me wonder a lot of things because it has such an unusual imagery...

aaquwaa

Hi Miss Yuko,
I kinda had the same thought. Maybe since the wands were on the tapestry and the lady not holding them or around her, maybe she didn't do the work or the struggle. I think someone else did. Don't you find it odd that she doesn't have any shoes? Where are her shoes? She's dressed nicely, she has her make up on, smoking that cigarette, castles are cold, where are the shoes? :)
aaquwaa

MareSaturni

aaquwaa said:
Don't you find it odd that she doesn't have any shoes? Where are her shoes? She's dressed nicely, she has her make up on, smoking that cigarette, castles are cold, where are the shoes? :)

Interesting thought...why she has no shoes. Workers, who walk in the woods and on dangerous grounds, need shoes. Heavy ones. She doesn't...she feels at home? Like, when you kick of your shoes becuase you are in place you feel safe.
The LWB says "there's no work, but only fatigue inside. His bethrothed is roaming imprisioned within these walls, without even being able to look for his arrival."
She's at home...maybe she even owns the place. But these same walls that hold all she owns, imprision her. Bore her. Imprisioned by all she has...

Could that be? Guess i made a knot in my brain...

Bean Feasa

Hi yuko, aaquwaa and saleheim,
I just bought this deck today at lunchtime - was overjoyed to find it tucked away at the back of a shelf in my local metaphysical store. Only had a chance to skim through the cards so far - I love their strange, slightly brooding atmosphere. When I saw this thread, I had a closer look at the 10 of Wands.
I think you're onto something, Miss yuko, when you say she's bored. The word blasé came to mind when I looked at the card. I think she's been there done that, and nothing excites her anymore. She's at the end of the cycle of wands, and she's grown jaded, world-weary, cynical. Any minute now she'll start playing football with that skull, just for the sake of something to do. (Maybe that's why she's got no shoes on, lol!). She needs a new cycle to begin, a new ace of wands.
That's my tuppence-worth anyway ;)
blessings,

MareSaturni

Love your idea Bean Feasa! Glad to have someone else joining our little group of people still interested in this wonderful deck! Call me just Yuko, please ;)

Yes, she looks bored. BUT, as in my conversation with Thirteen, she doesn't look like she did any hard work. If you read above, you'll see a link to the thread...Thirteen's idea that the skull (the dead person), was the one who worked hard to give her everything - worked so hard that he died. Spent all his energy to make it all perfect - was the castle his, i wonder? And he wanted it to be perfect for her. Maybe now that he died she has to deal with the responsabilities of owning that place and she isn't liking it at all...it bores her?

Geez, i'm mixing a lot of stuff. I don't even know if i'm making sense anymore. :p