Drawing additional cards

Soraya

OK, here goes another question:

It seems that some people draw additional cards when they need more information pertaining to a certain part of the spread. Now how does this work: do you ask a question when drawing the additional card(s)? or does it reply to the same thing as the position in the spread? (e.g. if I want to know more about the root cause of a matter, does the additional card also stand for the root cause or something more precise?)

Thanks for bearing with me.
Soraya

Jewel

My experience with this is limited, but as this is a learning forum I thought I would post it. That way you and I can both learn something ;) ... when I seek additional clarification in a position usually what I do is turn over 2 additional cards by at the top of the card I am seeking clarification about. This has worked real well for me so far. I do not assign them new meanings I take the new cards and put them into the context of the original card drawn. Hope this helps you out.

Love & Light,

bec

Sometimes I do draw an additional clarification card.

What I ask for is "give me some more detales for this card/meaning" - it works for me

aeonx

Greetings.
I've been wondering about this myself...
When you draw the additional card, do you shuffle again? And what card do you draw an additional to first, if there are more? Do you shuffle each time?

Thanx. Be blessed.

Jewel

aeonx (16 Jan, 2002 00:35):
Greetings.
I've been wondering about this myself...
When you draw the additional card, do you shuffle again? And what card do you draw an additional to first, if there are more? Do you shuffle each time?

Thanx. Be blessed.

I don't re-shuffle them, I just take the cards on the top of the deck.

Love & Light,

GeminiLady

If I am reading for another person, I like to let them pull out the additional cards...
otherwise I focus on getting clarification and just pull what feels right...
so far, it's worked pretty well :)

shandar

Hi, I just draw off the top. But I don't think it matters from where you draw the cards. For example, I've been getting 8pentacles quite a lot lately. It wouldn't matter where I drew, the 8 would come up soon.

Stregaverde

I shuffle briefly once more, asking for clarification--then I pull as many cards as I need off the top of the deck. Sometimes I duplicate the entire spread, if it's a small one, laying one card next to its partner, but usually I just draw to clarify a certain area. It's worked well for me so far.

contradiction

lesson 1 of tarot 101, do what feels right to you, at the time. there are times, when i just pull another card of the top, other times i re-shuffle. i usually pull one card, and study it, then if needed i pull another, until the meaning is clear. if i have to pull very many, and the reading is for me, i will usually let it sit for a while, and then come back, if it is for someone else, and they are not present, ie... on the forum, i let it sit, if they are present, then i will tell them what i see, and leave it at that. i just explain this is something the cards are not willing to talk about. but, at times i feel the urge, and will pick up the cards, and re-shuffle, and lay down a new spread asking for more information on the subject, phrasing the question as "i don't understand what you are telling me, please be more clear", this way i am not asking the same question, but for more clarity, on what has already been said. it all depends on what the cards tell me i should do.

tarotbear

'Clarifier Cards'

I use 'Clarifier Cards' , especially if there is a Page or Knight in a spot where there seems be be the need for a tad more info than seems to be forthcoming. (I see Pages as messages and Knights as changes).

I always use the entire spread's worth of cards before using a clarifier; that is - I wait until all the cards needed for the spread are out on the table before I go back to clarify one. Sometimes the answer is defined later in those cards.

Once I decide I want to clarify something, I simply turn over the next card on top of the pack. Sometimes I turn over two! However, IMHO, if you need more than two cards to clarify the situation, then you should do a separate reading about that situation.