Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

gregory

Mine is here but I have no time to LOOK at it ! The FRUSTRATION !!!!!

I just cannot take it all that way and risk anything horrible happening to it...

I will have as much of a look as I can when I finish packing - that's sort of an incentive !

Nina*

Furs... nothing will happen. You really should bring it!

weaver

Please forgive me in advance if my questions have already been answered here. If it has, I've managed to overlook it in this thread, somehow!

Are the dimensions of the upcoming mass produced version of the Touchstone Tarot known? Specifically, I am wondering if the mass produced edition is going to be smaller than the Limited Edition version and, if it is, by how much. Will the mass produced cards have borders?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided. :love:

weaver

jeseryn

Just ordered mine :) Really excited since I use my Golden all the time.

retrokat

weaver said:
Are the dimensions of the upcoming mass produced version of the Touchstone Tarot known? Specifically, I am wondering if the mass produced edition is going to be smaller than the Limited Edition version and, if it is, by how much. Will the mass produced cards have borders?

Kunati have said is that it will be 'full sized' and be a luxury release - Derek posted on Page 23. It will have the same border, a wooden frame with a gilt nameplate, in keeping with the 'portrait painting' feel. I guess you could trim those off if you prefer borderless.

retrokat

Nina* said:
Furs... nothing will happen. You really should bring it!

Yes, she LOVES to travel! She's not so big, and her bag will protect her :)

All Is One

Retrokat said:
Yes, she LOVES to travel! She's not so big, and her bag will protect her

I hope she loves to travel. So far I haven't been able to let her out of my sight.

I'm sort of hoping that the feeling is mutual ;~)

Me and the three of cups are having a little thing right now.....

Look at those faces!! And this card just won't stop. Shuffle and shuffle and shuffle.

Surprise...the three of cups.

I was hoping for the Happy Squirrel.

HearthCricket

Ah, if I am so nutty over this limited edition, I can only imagine myself with the MM version! I am so excited. I still can't keep my hands off this deck. It has been reading wonderfully for me. And I get so lost in the images. The colours are really drawing me in. There is something so wonderfully autumnal and antique with the browns and deep colours. It makes it feel very mysterious and mystical, to me, at least. Like going through someone's cellar and finding an unknown painting hidden behind a thick velvet curtain, oddly perfectly preserved! The idea of gilded edges, like the Golden, has me head over heels with delight!

Plus, for some reason, I can't stop wearing these agate pendants!!

retrokat

HearthCricket said:
Like going through someone's cellar....

I had a little fantasy when I made Golden that it would be so cool if one day, a century after I was dead, someone would find an antique copy in their grandma's attic and treasure it. I think with Touchstone I have got a bit closer to that fantasy - it's so much more personal and intimate, she makes Golden look a bit aloof and uptight. I think Touchstone feels a lot more precious and heirloomy, even without the gilded edges (although I am really looking forward to those too). Your suggestion HC that it has the feel of a painting found in a basement reminded me of that wish I had years ago to create something that would become someone's special little treasure to be handed down :)

(note to the auto-spellchecker, what do you mean 'heirloomy' isn't a word? Pah!)

retrokat

All Is One said:
Me and the three of cups are having a little thing right now.....

Look at those faces!! And this card just won't stop. Shuffle and shuffle and shuffle.

Surprise...the three of cups.

Someone special said this to me about the 3 of cups when I was working on the deck: "Oh my, that one woman on the left, she's right out of the 50's. Maybe the ladies have snuck off for a bit of a nip before a wedding or baby shower and the naughty aunts have invited their niece to join them."

Ha, made me laugh so much! That's just the sort of story that the people in the portraits were telling me too. They just look so real, so open. I take no credit for the wonderful characters in the deck - I was more of a casting director.