Anything wrong with Celtic Cross for everything?

jellybelly

Hi,

I hope this is the right sub-forum, I wasn't sure if it belonged somewhere else. I have a question about using the Celtic Cross for every question. I have tried other spreads, but they just don't seem to give me the same answers the CC does. I especially find 3 card spreads don't give me enough information. I know every reader has to find their own way, but am I doing myself an injustice by limiting myself to one spread?

Thanks to all you experts!
blessings,
xxxjellybelly

vee

Do you do daily readings? I can't imagine doing the Celtic Cross everyday. I just don't have the time!

tarotlyn

...I don't think you are limiting yourself by using the Celtic Cross spread for
"every" question you have...If it works for you and "isn't broken"...why fix it?

One thing is for sure: Not everyone can do what you are doing!:thumbsup:
If you can read 10 cards for every question and get the results YOU feel
comfortable with...then you have the KEY (for you) already...

:):heart:tarotlyn

memries

I tend to use the CC too jellybelly if I have anything important to ask. It does reveal a lot for sure.

Metafizzypop

The CC is my most often used spread; it seems to cover the most ground, and it's good for pretty much any kind of question. But sometimes I use other spreads just because they're fun. Or because they might be more specific to the issue I want to know about. Or because they're shorter. Not every question deserves a whole 10 cards.

firemaiden

What's wrong with the CC for everything?

Way too many cards. And at that rate, you won't really get to look in depth at any card.

Most of the time I like to stick to just one to three cards.

baba-prague

I really like the CC, but usually only when I have time to take a good long look and when I have a question or issue complex enough to require this.

Otherwise I tend to go for simpler three or five card spreads.

Rob

I really like the CC spread and I've had the most success with it out of all spreads I've tried.

At the same time, if I did a full analysis of a CC spread with all permutations and esoteric associations, I'd have to set aside a whole day for it. I guess it depends on what you expect to get out of a given spread.

It's all personal preference. :)

jellybelly

Thanks for everyone's opinions!

Maybe because I'm a beginner, I don't see as much in the cards as you all do. To me a CC becomes a story. It flows from one card to the next, so I don't stop to analyse each card in depth. I look at each card in context to the preceding card, as well as the position. Sometimes the position doesn't matter as much to me as what is around it.

So smaller spreads to me just don't have enough "flow", it's like it just gets going and stops! And even with the CC I will quite often pull 2 or 3 clarifiers for the outcome position, just to make sure. So invariably I end up with 12 or 13 cards. BTW, they almost always make sense. I don't take too long to do it, probably no more than 5 - 10 minutes, but if it's an interesting spread it will play on my mind for hours. I don't read every day, and seldom consult for daily guidance. More for questions that pop into my head.

xxxjellybelly

siliconsara

jellybelly said:
Thanks for everyone's opinions!

Maybe because I'm a beginner, I don't see as much in the cards as you all do. To me a CC becomes a story. It flows from one card to the next, so I don't stop to analyse each card in depth. I look at each card in context to the preceding card, as well as the position. Sometimes the position doesn't matter as much to me as what is around it.

I try to do the same with 3-card spreads. I try my best to look at the overall picture then go into each card and see if there are any relationships between the cards. After that, I try to make a complete sentence as the 'answer'. For instance, I did a reading where I asked about someone I know in getting their "come'upins". I got Temperance, Strength and Justice, all upright, which told me I had to be patient in my waiting and preserver when it did happen. A month later, they were fired from the job I was able to obtain for them, and then I was able to move away shortly after.