Two of Swords Reversed

The Fish

I was wondering then what would the 2 swords REVERSED reveal about what was in someone's heart for someone else?

rwcarter

Upright, all the twos are about balance. Reversed, I would see the twos as being about imbalance. Swords are about thoughts and the mind. So that leaves either an unbalanced mind or imbalanced thoughts.

As what's in someone's heart, I'd have to say improper thoughts (like a teacher having sexual thoughts about a student or vice versa or having ill will towards another) or having a tainted view of another person because of mental illness or at least an inability/unwillingness to see the other person for who they truly are.

Rodney

Ronia

The Two Of Swords is also about achieving a just outcome, a good outcome, a proper one, a just solution of a problem/quarrel/conflict, etc. So, reversed, I'd take it as this ability of the wuerent or their will to be just is absent at the moment thus making the solution impossible and the conflict/difficult situation, etc. remains.

Amary

I guess I see this differently; depending on the cards around it, I would generally see the 2 of Swords r. in that respect as an openess and willingness to let someone close to you; going into something with an awareness of the risks and deciding to move forward anyway.

It appears that's just me, though. :D

pasara

To me the 2 of Sw is about when there is no clear choice, it is one way or the other, and no amount of thinking it through or hashing out the pros and cons is going to help. either there are different parties advocating for different things, or you are of two minds, or it is the lesser of two evils, or no matter which choice you make you are going to have some regret about the other. this type of thing. sometimes it is about just keeping everyone at bay for the sake of peace. but no real compromise has been made, it is just that there is a ceasefire at least long enough to think straight and let emotions cool down

The 2 of Sw Rx can mean the ball has been dropped, a direction has been chosen either by you or for you. You are no longer in limbo for better or worse.

pasara

Oops got a little side-tracked and didn't apply to it to your question. As far as what is in someone's heart about another, I might think about the 2 of Sw Rx to mean that they have made up their mind about the other person, and may even be stuck in their opinion. What that opinion is would depend on other cards, but what is noticeable to me is that it is a swords card, not a cups, so it has to do with thoughts more than what is living in the heart.

Debra

I'd look at the picture on the card first to see what meanings it evokes. Different decks show it differently.