Oracle-X: Study Group

MareSaturni

Elendil said:
I DID say that positional meaning was part of the CONTEXT.

;) E.

Yes you DID! :D Sorry!

I was just giving examples of how complicated it is, specially because the spreads suggested in the Little White... Fold, lol!, do not give definite positive/negative positions. So it makes it a bit hard to use them with the Oracle-X without relying heavily on "intuition".... and the line between intuition and guessing can be so thin! ;)

Lee

Marina said:
Or, you pull two cards: "Family" and "Signal". It could mean that the family is hindering you from doing what you want regarding your love life, but according to the meanings you gave, it could also means they are supporting you, giving you the "ready, set, GO!" sign
Perhaps in this instance more cards might solve the problem... so for that question, instead of doing one or two cards, maybe five cards? That might be enough to enable you to narrow down the possibilities.

misfitknits

it would be interesting to hear what psychiclord had to say about this. but i have a theory, which could only be verified or corrected by him, nevertheless, perhaps there are multiple cards with multiple meanings so you can pick which one you prefer and can therefore work with. perhaps they created cards that were very similar in meaning, but had a different LOOK, with the intention that the reader would put one away if they didn't like the artwork of that card. but since i haven't gotten my copy in the mail yet, and i haven't looked up if the cards in question are the 30 in the base deck, or are extras. y'all could help me with that.

that is the whole idea of the X, is to be able to personalize it anyway YOU want. so, marina, i would say that if you can't suss it all out, and certain cards are too similar, pick which one you would like to work with, and put the other one back in the box!!!

i hope that post got my thought across, dealing with two children upset, and trying to get thoughts across is *really* hard!!! ;)

Elendil

family is numbered 115 : signal is numbered 126

Both are in the 30 card base set before the random 6 extra cards are added.

E.

GryffinSong

I don't have this deck, but I'm intrigued enough to have it on my wish list. As for context, I believe we, as the reader, have to set that context. If a client says they want to know about their love life, we can set that context by placing cards in a negative/positive/neutral space, perhaps suggesting clear questions that we'll ask about that relationship. I always try to define each location BEFORE laying down the cards. This helps me set each card into their context. It drives me just a little bit crazy when people want help understanding a reading, but they pull three cards for each issue with absolutely no positional meaning. The room for guessing/error/mistakes is far too wide in my opinion. When reading for my own insight, that might work. But when reading for others, the clearer our questions and card positions the better.

PsychicLord

Back to basics, Oracle-X is an Intuitive tool and can be compared to going into Walmart or B&Q and buying a drill. When one buys a drill and takes it home, you normally use it exactly how you want to..... it is your drill and up to you which way you use it.

Oracle-X is a tool, that can be used in the fashion its owner prefers (unlike some more prescriptive decks). Taking the 'Signal' card, this could mean different things to different owners...... where an owner needs a little more help, the secondary keywords attempt to kick start the intuition by offering some other streams of thought/inspiration. If a secondary keyword 'jumps out' at you - then easy, your closer....... but the context of the adjoining cards are to be taken into account.

The railway signal was chosen simply because everyone is aware of what happens if you pass it..... unlike a red traffic light (where an increasing number of folks seem to jump it).

The secondary keywords expand the meanings out to a far wider context. However, if an owner feels an entirely different meaning to this card....... then not a problem, there is a space on the instruction leaflet to add your own word(s) i.e. to customise it to you personally.

To some owners, certain cards might appear to overlap, actually they are designed to work together to reinforce a point, or to expand a point outwards. Sometimes there is more information to be 'gathered' at these points...... focusing on your intuition will help to bring out the finer detail.

'Nest' and 'Family' are very different..... yet do have a connection, and rightfully so.
With 'nest' being more focused to living accommodation (which might include family), and 'family' more focused on the members of the family (who might or might not live at home). If you carefully think about those two cards you will see that there is a distinct, yet subtle difference.

Moving to 'Luggage' and 'Escape' these follow similar logic [yes, a left brain bit!]. Holiday features on both, for obvious reasons, if both cards are drawn, then that is a good place to start. Escape is very much about getting out of something, temporary, or more permanent, and also covers off narrow escapes, near misses, and much more. Luggage is a more emotional card, including a wealth of personal baggage and deeply held feelings to be dealt with........ 'escape' runs away, but does not dealt with the underlying issues.

Turning to look at 'Cliff' and 'Signal', the big difference here is that 'signal' has a time element (yellow runes), it is about being part of something outside your control. 'Cliff' is totally within your control, it is about rethinking and evaluating and doing something about it...... rather than something/one else doing this on your behalf (whether you want it or not).

O-X never uses an exact primary/secondary keyword more than twice, i.e. 'family' and 'holiday' never appear again!

For those owners that find a particular card a 'duplicate' (even though it is most certainly not), they can discuss with me within this study group..... or take the card out of the deck (O-X hold no such concept of 'breaking the deck'). All I would say is before you do this, ask the question to yourself..... if the card means the same to me, what does it mean for others?

From my perspective, Oracle-X cards are neutral.... they are designed to respond to those inner thoughts a reader may not always wish to face. A deck that has its designer/author and its primary artist both Sagittarian will tend to be direct and maybe tactless at times....... however often in life you need someone to take this role, to tell it as it is.

I designed the all the cards to work together, to compliment each other, to assist a readers intuition to focus on a particular point...... this will allow very accurate readings with practice. All future cards work exactly the same way...... and more importantly you only purchase the cards that you feel intuitively belong part of YOUR personal O-X deck. This way your deck is as pure/useful/comprehensive as you require it to be......

Feel free to ask whatever you need to know :)

MareSaturni

GryffinSong said:
It drives me just a little bit crazy when people want help understanding a reading, but they pull three cards for each issue with absolutely no positional meaning. The room for guessing/error/mistakes is far too wide in my opinion. When reading for my own insight, that might work. But when reading for others, the clearer our questions and card positions the better.

Some decks work well without position, but they are made to work this way. And usually they do not work very well with clear-cut questions, they are better for general readings...

But like you, either the deck has to give you what is positive or negative, or the spread has to. If everything is "neutral", the chance of relying on guessing and even cold reading is too great - specially when reading for others, because it is not nough that you understand the message, you must communicate it as well! Oracle-X seems to be the kind of deck that benefits from very defined spread positions, as a way to tell if a card is ill or well-dignified in the question asked.

PsychicLord, thank you for your very careful explanation of your idea when creating such cards and of how they should work. I confess I'm not so used to a "loose" system such as the one the Oracle-X provides (even thought I'm a very 'right-brained' person, so to speak), so it is proving to be quite a challenge. I suppose I'll keep doing what I am doing - sit down with a notebook and write the cards as I see them. :)

PsychicLord said:
For those owners that find a particular card a 'duplicate' (even though it is most certainly not), they can discuss with me within this study group..... or take the card out of the deck (O-X hold no such concept of 'breaking the deck'). All I would say is before you do this, ask the question to yourself..... if the card means the same to me, what does it mean for others?

That's exactly what I was trying to do with my post. I do not want to break the deck before giving the cards, and the other O-X users, a chance of speaking their minds and helping me to see differently.

PsychicLord said:
From my perspective, Oracle-X cards are neutral.... they are designed to respond to those inner thoughts a reader may not always wish to face. A deck that has its designer/author and its primary artist both Sagittarian will tend to be direct and maybe tactless at times....... however often in life you need someone to take this role, to tell it as it is.

I'm Sagittarius, with rising Sagittarius as well ;), so I do not mind a bit a bluntness and tactless, lol! My problem is the very opposite - I'm find it hard to understand what exactly the cards are saying, because each of them can convey so many messages!

PsychicLord

'Runes' Made Easy

For this exercise, please locate card 123 ‘friends’, which is the card I normally use to explain how the concept of ‘runes’ can assist ones intuition.
Since this is not a reading, therefore there is nothing to pick up ‘intuition wise’, this explanation might seem a little flat – but it will serve its purpose as an illustration.

The ‘grid’ portrays the primary theme/purpose and is equal to 16 (and if one prefers, this can be simply used on its own without any need to use the ‘runes’).

For those who desire to use the ‘runes’, then these represent the secondary theme/purpose as follows:
Rune 1 (outer left) is equal to 8
Rune 2 (inner left) is equal to 4
Rune 3 (inner right) is equal to 2
Rune 4 (outer right) is equal to 1

Every card has one of each (one ‘grid’ and four ‘runes’), therefore together these total to 31 (i.e. 16+8+4+2+1).

If you now turn to examine the colour codes used on this card, we can see, green, pink, purple, and red.

To apply a total to each colour, simply add up the numbers against each item: [i.e.] green 5 (4 + 1); pink 2; purple 16; and lastly red 8. Finally, reorder these by total high to low (i.e. 16, 8, 5, 2), and you now have the cards running order: purple (16), red (8), green (5), pink (1).

If in this instance we agree to stick to the primary keyword only, the combination of ‘grid’ and ‘runes’ allows a method to assist in identifying which/what ‘friend’ might be being referred to..... and giving an order by which to tackle finding out.

Purple (16) – someone who is more an associate than a friend, or on the outside of your friendship circle, a distant family member, or some you come across from time to time but do not consider to be close.

Red (8) – someone to is trying to be a friend, trying to befriend, or taking on the role as a friend (or wanting to be a/your friend.

Green (5) – this would be a non-human friend, such as a cat, horse, dog, or other pet, a loved tree or plant, even a landscape – anything nature, providing it could be considered a ‘friend’.

Pink (2) – if none of the above have felt quite right, focus in on to close family, close friends, boy/girl friend, lover, partner, or anyone that you spend a lot of time with (i.e. in or near your energy field).

How we associate this 'information' to the secondary keywords will follow later.

kaleanna

Hi All,

I wanted to apologize that I have not really used this deck yet. I had a few weeks of some issues that came up that had to be dealt with and I knew that I was not in the right frame of mind to utilize this deck the best way possible.

I will post in a bit once I have gone through the cards again and get my thoughts together about the cards.

MR GREEN

USING ORACLE X

Hi to all those out there, I am shore that we all have our own ways of using this deck, and as David has said this is fine. So for me I find my self using a Lenormand approach to reading these cards and it works fine. I also bring a Cartomancy ie. playing card method in as well, using the four seasons tree cards much like you would aces, for questions about money, love, work, and legal stuff and so on.
I must say though, it would be nice and use full if we had separate man, and woman cards. So come on David I hear on the grape vine that there are more cards on the way. Clive...