knight cups reversed feelings

kaypeace

What are peoples thoughts on the knight cup reversed as feelings im thinking its someone trying to hide there feelings like a commitment phobe any though4s???

MaineGirl117

I think the upright Knight of Cups at his best is still scared of being tied down in a relationship - so many places to see, so many dreams to dream.

Rx this fear and his/her thoughts become compounded and scattered. Like a plane grounded due to fog he/she can't rise above a situation and get a clear view of how he/she feels and so is completely immobilized/paralyzed by fear and indecision.

Sibylline

Just my own way of reading this knight...

Because the knights aren't as developed as the kings and queens, the knights have a little ways to go before becoming as mature as them. Since the Knight of Cups deals with emotions, then it follows that this knight isn't as fully developed as say the Queen or King of cups.

When I do relationship readings, the upright Knight of Cups usually turns up for an individual interested in pursuing a relationship. However, this knight can be a little unfocused as he can easily get distracted. When he's reversed, the distraction wins out.

As far as hiding feelings, I see that issue as a problem of mind interfering with what the heart wants. I would expect to see sword cards coming up near the cups--like the two or nine of swords for example. Sometimes, the four of pents or the 9 of wands can come up for people who are holding something back.

Hope that helps :)

kaypeace

Fantastic replys thankyou and yes I pulled some swords the nine and seven swords reversed so that makes perfect sense to me many thanks

RaaD

The reversed Knight of Cups is associated with person which decisions are clouded by emotions. As feelings, this most likely is someone who is overwhelmed by them. However these persons are always suspicious that they have competition in the love drama and thus they may not uncover their feelings.

canid

Could be a user, a cheater, even a gigolo, looking for the next mark to pretend he's something he's not for his own gain. Geesh, that sounds harsh, but I didn't make the meanings. This is not a good relationship card. Not even a good friendship card. Although, pretty darn enchanting & convincing. What do YOU feel about it? Just be wary.

ChristianReader

The knight of cups is tied to the Scorpio and Pisces. In reverse as feelings: I think of him upright first as fragile, head in the clouds, he falls quickly and intensely. He's not the best at controlling how he feels in romance. Now in reverse I think "what would happen if he feels rejected or troubled by someone" and you get jealousy, irrational thinking and behavior, sad, in his most negative state he can go out partying to indulge in whatever anyone is offering ; be it sex, liquor, drugs and whatever else. I'm not saying the knight of cups reverse means someone feelings are crazy... But just fragile, hurt, angry, an emotional roller coaster within himself... I see him upright as having sweet romantic feelings that he wants to express badly and has thought about and still thinking on how to... Reverse I get a drama queen and a hot mess

MaineGirl117

I'd have to politely disagree with canid about this card not being a good relationship or friendship card. I'm speaking in general terms of this card, not necessarily rx or upright. The reason I say this is because this card comes up frequently as me in readings. Over time I've come to understand that this card is representing my natal chart Moon in Pisces (in the 12th house no less). Society undervalues decision making based on emotional responses especially in regards to relationships. Intellectual decisions or over analyzing a situation can stagnate you just a badly, though it has become the more socially acceptable way to negotiate the terms of a relationships. Yes, I did say "negotiate" because all relationships have terms which are agreed upon, whether you actually sit down and discuss them or not. THIS knight has a leg up in this category because of his air/water elemental combination. When he's functioning at peak performance, his mind (air) and heart (water) are in sync. He's *listening* to his emotions and basing his decisions off his emotional responses.

When I made this comment:

Rx this fear and his/her thoughts become compounded and scattered. Like a plane grounded due to fog he/she can't rise above a situation and get a clear view of how he/she feels and so is completely immobilized/paralyzed by fear and indecision.

... it was not to imply that he is untrustworthy or that his paralysis regarding which direction/decision to go in was permanent. Just like fog, the sky clears when the sun rises. Until then, he's going to sit it out and wait because he doesn't want to send him and his horse over a cliff just because he can't see the road ahead. He's cautious and thoughtful. Romance is his business and he's good at what he does. If this was a work or investment questions I'd say you're SOL.

In terms of his loyalty, I'd say he's VERY loyal - all knights are because they've pledged their allegiance to their suit (though different loyalties will be highlighted by different suits). I'd actually consider the knights more loyal than the kings or queens because they've still got something to prove to others, while the kings and queens - they've got their kingdom, and free time to be devious and underhanded if they so choose. Knights have a "job", they've got to "work" for their living... it's 24/7 with little vacation/sick time and terrible pay, but they know they'll never move up if they don't put in the long hours.

The question then becomes, is this knight working on self love, or to charm a lover? It can go either way, and self-love is not a selfish act. With the 9 of Swords being drawn around this card, and the 9 connecting to the Hermit, it's very possible he's practicing some self-love. Getting his head on straight, contemplating "getting into the game", about to make a decision... 7 of Swords: discussing his options with himself or somebody else, seeking his own personal/emotional truth about whether he really wants the relationship or not.

Fiver11

My own experience of knight of cups who turned into a K of C Rx.

The right way up he gallops into your life like a knight in shining armour and sweeps you off your feet. He is full on, attentive, passionate talking about lots of plans for the future even if you have not known him so long. It may however be the idea of love he is in love with not you.

Rx the clarity of purpose is lost. He becomes not sure of his feelings, gets scared, confused, doubts, worry about commitment. Backs off.