Weight loss cards

TarotOyster

Hey all, I was wondering what your thoughts were on cards that represent success of losing weight?

My first thought was that the magician would be a very good card as he has all the tools to make that happen. Also the ace of wands, ace of swords, 5 of wands, strength and the empress.

What about 9 of pentacles or pentacles card in general?

frac_ture

I would think several of the Wands cards could arguably work here (Wands = will; maybe the 3 could speak of effort expended and waiting for visible signs of progress along the way, and the 7 and the 9 could represent the struggle, and speak to willpower?).

The Star could appear, so as to advise continuing onward toward that goal, even if it seems distant.

The Chariot could work here, too, indicating the person's potential ability to harness various otherwise difficult and maybe opposing factors to drive toward successful weight loss.

I agree that the Magician could also work in this context for the reason you stated, and since Pentacles can represent the physical body, some of those might be good fits here, too (maybe one or more of the Pentacles Court Cards...maybe one or more Wands Court Cards, too, come to think of it...).

annabel398

Good question! I could kinda sorta see 8 cups (walking away from the old way of life/eating)... Strength definitely, devil reversed, ... Queen of wands? 2 of pentacles (do I eat this pastry or this cheese instead? Juggling them LOL) 7 pents for those days when you hate the sight of a healthy vegetable ... 9 pents for making real progress.

(I embarked on a radical change in eating habits nearly a year ago now, so this is a topic near to me) (BMI 24.3 now :)

TarotOyster

Good question! I could kinda sorta see 8 cups (walking away from the old way of life/eating)... Strength definitely, devil reversed, ... Queen of wands? 2 of pentacles (do I eat this pastry or this cheese instead? Juggling them LOL) 7 pents for those days when you hate the sight of a healthy vegetable ... 9 pents for making real progress.

(I embarked on a radical change in eating habits nearly a year ago now, so this is a topic near to me) (BMI 24.3 now :)

Congrats on the success :)

The devil reversed really makes sense!

TarotOyster

I would think several of the Wands cards could arguably work here (Wands = will; maybe the 3 could speak of effort expended and waiting for visible signs of progress along the way, and the 7 and the 9 could represent the struggle, and speak to willpower?).

The Star could appear, so as to advise continuing onward toward that goal, even if it seems distant.

The Chariot could work here, too, indicating the person's potential ability to harness various otherwise difficult and maybe opposing factors to drive toward successful weight loss.

I agree that the Magician could also work in this context for the reason you stated, and since Pentacles can represent the physical body, some of those might be good fits here, too (maybe one or more of the Pentacles Court Cards...maybe one or more Wands Court Cards, too, come to think of it...).

Would you think of 9 of pentacles and 9 of cups as a struggle? I think that the 9 of cups gives in to his/her hedonistic impulses but the 9 of pentacles card seems to represent becoming more confident and happy with herself/himself.

Maybe death would also be a good card, transformation?

frac_ture

Would you think of 9 of pentacles and 9 of cups as a struggle? I think that the 9 of cups gives in to his/her hedonistic impulses but the 9 of pentacles card seems to represent becoming more confident and happy with herself/himself.

Maybe death would also be a good card, transformation?

Funny, I thought of Death, too, and almost mentioned it! It might work in this context...?

I don't personally think of either the 9 of Pentacles or the 9 of Cups as representing struggle. To me, the 9 of Pentacles is more like rewards coming in -- sometimes based on real effort, so it could speak of successful weight loss, I think. I'd see the 9 of Cups as kind of a "Your Wish Will Come True" response, so while it could mean success in the weight loss plan is indicated, I think it talks more about the happy end result than the struggles in getting there (actually, I think I'd apply that last statement to either of those two particular 9 cards). And I'd think of the 7 of Cups more than the 9 when talking about giving in to hedonistic impulses. Just my personal takes, though!

queen_of_wands

8 of wands for sure, that always comes up for me with the queen of pentacles when I am planning a new fitness regimine.

porcupines

I would say Empress (for being in control of things), and 3 of Pentacles (working towards weight loss goal?) What would you guys say about 5 of Pentacles? 5 of Wands?

Cassandra022

well if you were using the klimt, quite a few would do, LOL

nisaba

Hey all, I was wondering what your thoughts were on cards that represent success of losing weight?

The Golden Klimt deck. Many of the images show badly undernourished figures. Have one of those cards on your dresser as a reminder that some people can live without food for a very, very long time. Oh, and next to it, the Moon card from the same deck as a reminder of what really healthy weight looks like, to remind yourself not to starve too far down.