Ace and 10 of Cups as Outcome...

Sinduction

Earlier today I had these two come up together in the outcome position. I've been stuck on it because the topic was not really "cups" related and no family or emotions were in play.

I get the feeling, since it's a one and a ten, that it was more of the beginning is the end is the beginning type of thing. And the person I read for was not too interested in heeding the advice that the cards had for her.

I'm just amazed that these two decided to pop up together and it through me for a loop.

Any thoughts?

Thirteen

Sinduction said:
Earlier today I had these two come up together in the outcome position. I've been stuck on it because the topic was not really "cups" related and no family or emotions were in play.
How about addictions or indulgence in food or drink? Depression? Illusions? Dreams? There's more than just family and emotions to the cups.

Or perhaps the cards were just telling you, the psychic (cups also indicate psychic abilities) that your querent wasn't going to listen to you. That you'd start to give her an answer (ace) and she'd put an end to it (ten). It was, if you will, all over before it had a chance to begin.

One question, however, why two cards in the outcome position? Usually there is only one.

Sinduction

I did a horse shoe spread and I always read two cards per position.

It could be that the cards were for me as I have done a few readings on this same topic for her. I just never see any change that doesn't involve her taking a step towards ending it.

Crystelle

The ace of cups can also be the release of emotional, raw energy after a long period of control.

The ten is the culmination of the one in that in its positive aspect it can be emotions suppressed for a long time can no longer be denied. In its negative aspect it can be as Thirteen suggested, indulgence in escape methods (which tend in our present culture to center around drugs, alcohol, food, etc).

Perhaps it IS about you as the reader, but I think it could also be about the Querent. Sometimes we are emotional about situations that are not at all about emotion ;)

~Crystelle