Books on Crowley

Xander

hey dudes :p

im gonna get a book on Alexander Crowley but not sure which one? could you helps me please?

and maybe give me a little insight on what the books about ??

thanks dudes :D :x

The Book of Lies
The Holy Books of Thelema
Perdurabo: The Life of Aleister Crowley ~ Richard Kaczynski
Diary of a Drug Fiend

**and incase the people upstairs read this thread ;) it is tarot related because im seeking tarot knowledge about Crowley's Thoth deck because i might get it :p**

Alta

There are many discussion threads on books about Crowley in this Forum Xander. Perhaps you might also try scanning some of the threads to check. Many interesting comments, opinions and discussions.

Thanks, Marion
Moderator, Thoth

Xander

:( im pretty lazy huh? :p

Scanning previous threads in progress......................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................5% complete

;)

Aeon418

Xander said:
im gonna get a book on Alexander Crowley but not sure which one? could you helps me please?

and maybe give me a little insight on what the books about ??
I'm a little confused. You want a book on Aleister Crowley (Alexander ?) but want to know what it is about. Huh ?!

If your looking for a biography of Crowley I suggest you take a look at one of these:

PURDURABO: The Life of Aleister Crowley ~ Richard Kaczynski
Do What Thou Wilt ~ Lawrence Sutin
A Magick Life ~ Martin Booth

All of them are pretty good.

Aeon418

Xander said:
**and incase the people upstairs read this thread ;) it is tarot related because im seeking tarot knowledge about Crowley's Thoth deck because i might get it :p**
Why not get Crowley's The Book of Thoth then ?

Xander

Aeon i thank you for your reply :D and yea i wanted to know which book is like maybe a biography or maybe about his decks bla bla woot woot :p

i said Alexander crowley because i thought that was his real name?

i want to get a true understanding about him first before i get his deck - i seek knowledege then guidence ;)

i will goto amazon.co.uk and get me some reading :p

thanks dude

Ross G Caldwell

Xander said:
Aeon i thank you for your reply :D and yea i wanted to know which book is like maybe a biography or maybe about his decks bla bla woot woot :p

i said Alexander crowley because i thought that was his real name?

i want to get a true understanding about him first before i get his deck - i seek knowledege then guidence ;)

i will goto amazon.co.uk and get me some reading :p

thanks dude

I found a great and unbiased short account of Crowley in Alex Owen's "The Place of Enchantment: British Occultism and the Culture of the Modern" in a chapter called "Aleister Crowley in the Desert".
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/642011.html

A fascinating analysis.

Xander

sweet cheers ross dude :D

i will get to reading :p

Aeon418

Ross G Caldwell said:
I found a great and unbiased short account of Crowley
Unbiased ? Hardly. The article sets out to paint Crowley in a bad light right from the start and then finishes by saying that Crowley was psychologically wrecked after his 1909 experiences. The well researched published biographies beg to differ.

Aeon418

Clueless

. Not least, Crowley's magical practice epitomized the ease with which the high aspirations of an Order such as the Golden Dawn could metamorphose into those so-called black arts against which occultists such as Madame Blavatsky railed.
The above quote from the article makes it abundantly clear that the author hasn't got a clue what Crowley's magical system is about.