Ace of cups in love?

Phxrsng

Hello all. I am a long time lurker and reader of the forums. Love reading all the informative posts. I am a novice but have been doing self readings for years. I could use a little feedback on a recent reading because it almost doesn't see like a plausible outcome.

A little background on the situation... I started seeing a man a few months back and we care very deeply for each other but our lifestyles are polar opposites. We frequently push each others buttons yet there is no lack of love between us. In fact we both wanted it to work. However due to these differences we broke things off seemingly for good after trying and failing a few times. The last time I saw him there was a palpable disconnect. His energy is totally pulled back and he seems gone for good.

So I did a spiritual spread in regards to my relationship w him and would it continue. The majority of those cards have to do with me and where I am past present future etc. the outcome card is the one that encompasses the outcome of the relationship it was the ten of cups.

I decided to get really detailed since we care for each other there is always the possibility of that meaning friendship. So I asked for a confirmation. The question was. Will so and so and I get back together as a couple? The card I pulled is the ace of cups. The way I read this card seems so impossible a notion with this person I thought I'd ask your advice. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I have learned to always be open to possibilities but I don't want to be in a state of delusion either.

Thank you in advance. :)

PAMUYA

Welcome to AT!

First of all personally I do not ask the tarot yes/no questions, I do not feel that tarot does well with them.

To answer the Ace of Cups = Love. What I see is that the Ace is telling you that there is a seed of emotion there. Full blow love-No. That card alone does not say love or getting back together. Of course he would have fellings with your history.

The 10 of Cups for me is the "happily ever after ending". More of a fantasy. For me the tens are the exaggeration of their suits. Not knowing the other cards, and spread, it makes it a hard read. I would suggest you do a reading asking a non-yes/no question and post it in the "Your Readings" fourm. Make sure to post your interpretions on each card. here is the link of the rules: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=177443

Good luck to you :heart:

Phxrsng

Thank you so much. I was always told
TO ask yes or no questions. You learn something new everyday. I appreciate the interpretation. Makes sense.

danieljuk

I would read the card as a "yes"
for love for me, its a classic beginning of a new relationship. That does not mean it's going to last but its the beginnings :)

Phxrsng

Thank you Daniel and to anyone else responding. :)

willowfox

***The Ace suggests a strong probability, starting again on a friendship level.

I was always told TO ask yes or no questions.

***I have always found yes/no questions actually work fine for me, whatever divinatory method I use as it enables one to concentrate exactly on what one wants to know. Some people love asking convoluted, long winded and confusing questions which gives them uninterpretable answers.

Stick with what works for you but always take the actual meanings of the cards as your answer. The cards have pretty pictures for a reason, so the answer lies within the picture.

Phxrsng

Thank you willow. I always felt for me that the more
Direct the question the better. If left too open ended its
Hard for me to decipher the answer. Like if I asked what will be the outcome with so and so. Many times I find that when I am not direct the answers I get are basically repeating back the question I just asked rather than answering it. If that makes sense.

Sometimes I get confused by the symbolism. I need to
Read up on that more.

Than you!

Phxrsng

Sorry I boo booed on the rules. Thank you is not feedback. So to Daniels yes I will say I will let you know how it pans out!

ChristianReader

hope this helps

If this was a yes that you two would get back together you wouldve pulled the 2 of cups which is mutual attraction, reconciliation, and 2 ppl coming together rather as friends, lovers, or business partners. The ace of cups is indeed a yes card but its an ace which is the potential of that suit. So i would read it as its very possible only if you are willing to love him unconditionally and truly as he and yourself deserves. Tarot could be telling you that there is no finite answer to give because this decision is up to you two, just like it was when you broke up. The ace of cups in this reading also says that something is unfinished because it still generates possibilities in love. Also when you last seen him u said there was no connection...that doesnt mean that he hasnt been thinking of you or gave you some thought since then. It really couldve been his first instinct to close himself off, just a reaction...we all do it. Also with the ace of cups id say that things can definitely continue ONLY if you accept the aces terms to be open, truthful, know what you both want, accept eachother fully, love your differences( its good to do this because you remain 2 unique individuals in one union bcuz ppl tend to lose their identity) also be willing to accept who u are and love it. If you accept the ace of cups then there is potential that you 2 can move to the two of cups.

Phxrsng

Christian that is very insightful. The entire premise of the relationship was based on being open and honest and in complete acceptance of each other. However as much as we accepted each other we found it difficult to fit into each others lives. The last time I saw him we just hugged and snuggles for a few minutes. And yes there was a definite disconnect. But as you are noting it was like an intentional one. If that makes sense.