Sleeping with cards under your pillow...

atesla

I was wondering if anyone has tried sleeping with a card or two underneath their pillow. I did this for the first time with the 2 of Cups when I wanted clarification on a reading, the dream was surprising and upsetting, but definitely surrounding the person the card was referencing in my reading. So I've done this a couple times, when I've asked what a dream is trying to communicate -Moon, 7 Wands, & 8 Cups- put those under my pillow for another interesting night of dreams.

The craziest night was when I asked my deck what card would be best for my dreams, and I drew the 6 Wands. Okay, I thought, and that night I slept forever, but with intervals of waking and separate dreams. I had three really intense dreams and never really felt fully awake, perpetually exhausted, the following day.

Last night I did this with Death and the High Priestess, and from what I can recall there was a competitive hike I was a part of...and I was going to have a threesome with my (taken) guy friend and some girl....whhhhaaaa?

So just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this? I'd be really interested to know.

Golden Moon

atesla said:
Last night I did this with Death and the High Priestess, and from what I can recall there was a competitive hike I was a part of...and I was going to have a threesome with my (taken) guy friend and some girl....whhhhaaaa?

WOW that was some crazy dream, I've never had a dream about sex involving my tarot cards, I guess the only thing I dreamt of with tarot or oracle decks under my pillow, I flying or being murdered.

atesla said:
So just wondering if anyone else out there has tried this? I'd be really interested to know.

Yes, I do this at times, but it kinda worries me that my cards will get bent, I move to much when I sleep. :)

Lilija

Excellent, vivid dreams, wow.

I don't sleep with them under my pillow, but I'm having a particularly "taroty" evening, I'll bring my deck upstairs with me, and look through them before I go to sleep. I think looking through the deck right before sleep, and just kind of losing myself in the images sets me up for some lucid dreaming. I'm already walking in the pictures, as I slip into alpha, so it's a natural progression. I guess it's a form of meditation, but till writing it just now, I hadn't thought of it that way. I do this a lot when I want to connect to a new deck.

The only recent Tarot related dream that I can remember offhand was where I was lost in a huge labyrinthine house, but every wall was an enormous card from the Thoth deck. I've since become re-inspired to study it again, I keep seeing those images so HUGE, and so intricate, and I want to go there again.

My best friend had a Tarot dream too, recently that bears mentioning. He dreamed he was chasing a demon which looked exactly like him, only devoid of life, through the streets of an abandoned town. He wound up chasing the demon into a deserted apartment building, like some kind of ghetto drug den. He wound up fighting the demon in a room with a bunch of pictures on easels, and in the scuffle, he knocked over an easel with a painting of a hermit on it. No specific hermit, but the universal archetype. As soon as that happened, he heard a baby cry, and the demon was gone. We spent days interpreting that one. It was truly fascinating.

nisaba

If I want to sleep with Tarot, I'll have the cards in my mind, rather than under my pillow.

Until I moved across the country, I slept with a particular piece (not just any piece) of snowflake obsidian under my pillow for dreamless sleep, or a (particular again) tektite for out of body work during my sleep.

Tarot dreams I get simply from thinking Tarot a lot before bed.

.traveller.

There are a couple of threads on this from a year or so back. Some of us experimented with various cards and reported back on our dreams. One of them was to test the "If you sleep with the Lovers card under your pillow, you'll dream of the person you'll marry" or something like that. That reminds me that I have since met the guy I saw in that dream... I forgot all about it. :p
I think there were some interpretation threads for the resulting dreams in the divination forum too.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=63944&highlight=dream

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=88088&highlight=dream

Kanon

I'm gonna kill my cards if they sleep with me under my pillow...

OrbWeaver

I've never tried sleeping with an individual card under my pillow before. I'll try that tonight and see if anything interesting pops up. :)

Beebs_94

Woo this sounds very interesting...im going to try it as well!

Aerin

Kanon said:
I'm gonna kill my cards if they sleep with me under my pillow...

Me too. I would scrumple them and they would Never Forgive Me.

Alta

That's what I always think as well, and how bad I'd feel with a crumpled or even bent card. :(