4 of Pentacles Rx - Refusing to let go?

LadyV

I asked the deck what it is that keeps continuing to draw me to this guy that I liked, who I started to get to know, but then it went no where. While shuffling, the 4P Rx popped out of the deck. Was it trying to tell me that my refusal to let go, or holding onto the past is what keeps drawing me to him? Could it also mean I'm holding onto the hopes things will change?

WalesWoman

Closed off, not allowing yourself to see other opportunities, wasting your time and energy

PAMUYA

You dont want to suffer, by holding on you believe this will not happen....but you will, you must face the pain at some time.

starrystarrynight

The Four of Pentacles, rx, can be anal retentive, so, yeah, it could be a way of trying to control and hold onto the relationship with the warning that it could become obsessive in nature.

LadyV

Thankfully, it never really got the point of obsession, but I figured it had to do with not letting this go. At least I'm finally reaching that point, as in not dwelling on this guy very much anymore.

Thank you everyone for the responses!

starrystarrynight

Well, another thought that comes to me is that this Four may also signify the guy's energy in the situation...that he may have felt you or the relationship were closing in on him too much, so he called it quits because of that. And, then as a mirror to that energy, it may pertain to you in that he now becomes "the one that got away," and that, in turn, results in the feeling that your psyche/heart still wants what it can't have.

Sometimes, though, it just takes a long time to get over people who have touched you deeply. And that is something you can't rush.

LadyV

Well, another thought that comes to me is that this Four may also signify the guy's energy in the situation...that he may have felt you or the relationship were closing in on him too much, so he called it quits because of that. And, then as a mirror to that energy, it may pertain to you in that he now becomes "the one that got away," and that, in turn, results in the feeling that your psyche/heart still wants what it can't have.

Sometimes, though, it just takes a long time to get over people who have touched you deeply. And that is something you can't rush.

That's certainly a possibility too. It's amazing how so many things can be said in one card. And the 4P Rx actually pertained to the rest of the reading too.