palm reading, what do these lines mean?

zorya

i have a well defined letter M near the bottom of my palm, can anyone tell me what this might mean?

hope i can describe this clearly :D
it is on my right (dominant) hand. it is formed by splits in both my life and my fate lines.

my life line splits, one part to curve under my thumb and the other to branch toward the lunar mount.

my fate line splits at the same level. one branch goes down and meets the heart line, the other branch goes into the lunar mount.

the right branches of both lines parallel as do the left branches of both. it makes a perfect and strong /\/\

Str4Berryan9eL

Zorya,
I don't know much about palm reading, but I have a Y on the bottom of my right hand. I think everyone has some kind of "letter" on their hand. Who knows what this means? We may never know. :p Do you have any palm reading books? If not you should get one or ask someone who is experienced in palm reading. Sorry I couldn't help that much, I'm new at this. Good luck!

Umbrae

Ehwaz

This is the Rune of the fetch or fylgia, that serves a person between the worlds, that acts in tandem with humans.

Alissa

zorya, can you email me a jpg of your hand? Can you scan it and send? I might be able to help if I get my eyeball on it :D

make sure you put something like palm reading in the "re:" line, or I may accidently delete it....

zorya

umbrae,
now why didn't i think of that ;)

alissa,
i wish i did have a scanner! sorry my description wasn't any help. the only thing i can add to it, is that my life line split, looks as though the line could just as easily go either way. the fate line goes more naturally into the lunar mount. (following the line, i mean) the right branch is just as deep as the left, but looks like it is more of a branch.
.................................../ . /
................................../ . (
................................./\ . /\
................................/ . \/. \

Alissa

Hmmm, well from just this much I'm jus going to have to take a rough guess at this....

I would say first that you tend to take an extremely fatalistic approach to life.

You feel yourself coming from two entirely separate identities, or sources, or your overall personality. One side is connected deeply with family, and family obligations (where the M touches the life line). The other side is completely independant from this family source, and perhaps from it's moral codes and teachings of right and wrong while growing up.

Also, you've come into this life to devote a good deal of your personal focus into channeling sources from the unconscious (the lunar mount stem you mention). This would sometimes result in a "natural psychic" type line that travels low and across the lunar mount, in my experience.

Despite the seeming disparity of these sometimes radically diffrent life views, you have the ability to meld them together in a more "seamless" manner. (This is what the connecting points of the M might suggest).

I don't know if any of that is applicable, and it's just going off some basic technique info in trying to analyze your despcription and drawing (which helped a lot~!)

cheers ~z~

zorya

thanks so much alissa! i've wanted to know this for ages.

fatalistic huh.... i like to think i'm getting better about that, lol.

the two separate sources sound alot like me. i am very aware of the part of me that is not as 'earthbound' for lack of better word. it is just as much a part of my consciousness as the part of me that is. this is a tad complex... i have completely cut myself off from my parents however my immediate family ie my husband and children, i am deeply connected to.

... and the personal focus thing... absolutely!!!

this is very interesting to me, as it describes my personal focus in this life (might i assume 'purpose'?) the same as my astro chart.

very cool! thanks again alissa :)

Alissa

zorya, I'm just glad there's something there to help you at least! I'd still prefer to actually *see* it, but we'll just make do ;).

Also, got more to say about the lines you're describing ...

Are you familiar with Doreen Virtue's book "Earth Angels"? It deals with those who incarnate in this life to be here to provide assistance to Earth in this time of need, be they "angels," or a host of other categories which she addresses.

Since reading this book, I've felt a new ability to visually see some of the physical characteristics (that she describes in detail) in others I encounter. And, a few of them I've read palms for and lo and behold ... they all see to bear this same orgination pattern for their "destiny" line.

The line seems to originate usually from a fork (2 separate identity sources), although I've seen a trident as well (on a Starperson).

AND your M sounds a lot more familiar now too. I've been looking at my hand some more in that area.

I've always had a dual line at the center/base of my palm whose meaning I have yet to discover. It's right between my destiny line and my life line. BUT if you exteneded the lines, it would make an M, much like you're describing. I'd never seen it that way before.

I've taken a picture and if I can get it shrunk nicely in photoshop, I'll post it here for all to see. If not, I'll email it to you without the shrinkage. Hopefully it will help in looking at your own palm. (?)

Ok, I've got the pic linked and tweaked the color to bring out the lines. I hope it helps, although it's blurry.

Cheers!

Attachments

• palm.jpg
    palm.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 219

Dark Eyes

Alissa, the pic is really good! I have always wondered if one could post pics through the forum, I wonder if the full hand could be done? I guess one has to have photoshop.
Well done Alissa, Good explanation of the letter "'M" also, I didn't think of it that way.
Regards Dark Eyes

Dark Eyes

Zorya,
I may have interpreted it something like this,
The fate line splits near the bottom, indicating a family influence in the establishment of the persons career. Possibly a conflict in this area, whereby the person wishes to be independent, but the parents influence is kinda enforced onto them. This can be a positive, but usually negative influence.
The life line splits at the bottom, indicating a wish to travel possible travel later in life. In the old palmistry, it indicated "death in a foreign land "!! hehehehe ! We do not adhere to the old palmistry though, I strongly believe that the wish to travel overseas and a desire to explore foreign shores is very apt in modern day palmistry. The old palmists were unfortunately very fatalistic, very influenced by disaster and death. Fortunately, those old traditions in palmistry were just that.... tradition and superstition. Those beliefs are not relevent today. So do not worry. The lifeline split is a fortunate marking !!
The fact that both these splits meet to form an "M" I think could be coincidence, but I agree that what Alisssa described could hold some weight also. In some books, the letter "M" stands for "MONEY" and good fortune. In some others... it stands for the beginning letter of ones lovers or partners name.
hehehehe..... Palmistry is very intriguing, I love it, it never fails to surprise me with its accuracy in the modern style we now use.
Best wishes Dark Eyes.