Lo Scarabeo Mystical Tarot (Giuliano Costa)

rylla

Those who already have it how do you like it?

Le Fanu

Mine arrived today. Box a bit bashed but - hey - who cares; the deck is FABULOUS! I absolutely love it. Everything about it. Totally to my taste. An unreserved thumbs up from me. Completely RWS and yet antique feeling. I'm going to love reading with it. Just beautiful!

rylla

Mine arrived today. Box a bit bashed but - hey - who cares; the deck is FABULOUS! I absolutely love it. Everything about it. Totally to my taste. An unreserved thumbs up from me. Completely RWS and yet antique feeling. I'm going to love reading with it. Just beautiful!

Thank you Le Fanu!

Owl Song

Thanks, Le Fanu! I respect your opinion. Now I'm more excited than ever about my Mystical's arrival.

I was hoping for a box like the one the beautiful Tarot Mucha wears. But box aside, this sounds like a scrumptious deck.

Lee

I just pre-ordered from Amazon, $16.40, and I get free shipping because I'm a Prime member. It should ship around March 23. Book Depository sounds like a better bet, since it's available now and cheaper, but I'm used to dealing with Amazon so I went through them.

Le Fanu

It's the standard LoS tuck box. I can't vouch for others' tastes but I think this one is exquisite. Very mysterious and antique-feeling with strange beasts and Bosch-like headpieces and sumptuous thrones and peering cats and owls, very richly coloured yet with an overall darkish hue. I am smitten...

Owl Song

My Mystical Tarot arrived today.

I like it!

The colors are vibrant but not garish. The art style and color palette give the deck an antique feel. It reminds me a little bit of my Ancient Italian Tarot -- but with a modern twist and with scenic minors. It's readable right out of the box to anyone familiar with RWS. Nice balance of details without being too busy.

I think I'll enjoy this one. :)

Lee

I canceled my pre-order - I've decided to wait until I can see a few more card scans. My ultimate goal when buying decks is to only buy decks that I might actually use. I haven't always been successful at that, but I've done pretty well lately -- I use two recent acquisitions, the Hallmark and the Distant Past, regularly. I also ordered the Flornoy Dodal 22-card deck, haven't received it yet but I know I'll use it, as I'm already using the majors from the Flornoy Dodal 78-card deck.

I just want to be reasonably sure there won't be one or a few cards in the deck that kill it for me.

magicjack

I canceled my pre-order - I've decided to wait until I can see a few more card scans. My ultimate goal when buying decks is to only buy decks that I might actually use. I haven't always been successful at that, but I've done pretty well lately -- I use two recent acquisitions, the Hallmark and the Distant Past, regularly. I also ordered the Flornoy Dodal 22-card deck, haven't received it yet but I know I'll use it, as I'm already using the majors from the Flornoy Dodal 78-card deck.

I QUOTE=Lee;4956284]I want to be reasonably sure there won't be one or a few cards in the deck that kill it for me.

Well, I've had this deck now for about a week. A week is really nothing for me, I have been known to end up liking a deck after years. Well, this one is gonna take me some time. Some of the cards, especially the majors are beautiful!. If they all would have looked like the Star card I think I would have had the perfect deck. The border does not annoy you. It kind of adds to it making each card a portrait. How I wish it would have stayed to its traditional feel. Some are perfect, others are are what the ****? I'm not a fan of kmoto dragons. They creep me out. I love how the clouds make images. Some cards beautiful, others? I know , I keep thinking mystical but I'm having a hard time with it. The devil seems to be a leftover deviant moon card. The thrones everyone sits on are from the movie Barbarella? Fantastic wheel of fortune! Beautiful Judgement. Lovely Aces, crappy knights, dreamy pages. A lot of brick floors.. I don't know. I'm really wierd sometimes so who knows but so far they're not talkin to me. Well, half the deck is not talkin to me. (I don't think I have ever seen a depressed 9 of cups)

magicjack

I love the backsšŸ˜