View Single Post
Citizen

Elven 
Citizen

In Lynda Hills Book ~ The Sabian Symbols as an Oracle, Lynda describes the symbol as one which 'indicates that there may be a feeling of being contained, boxed in or trapped in a place or situation. The fact that it is 'brightly lighted on one side' shows that there is a solution and a way out.'

There is also a great exercise to try which is written in the Oracle meaning, and that is to draw a three sided square - leaving one side open. Label each side of the box with an aspect of the issue or problem that makes you feel trapped. On the fourth open side you can write the possibilities for free movement in this situation.

After receiving this Symbol once for a reading regarding 'being overcommited in many areas' it was easy to see where the problems were and what needed to be trimmed back to release me from the 'box' or 'cage' I had built up around myself. I also added a top and bottom to the square - making it a cube - I then had 6 sides to work with.

Personal example:

Box side labels:
1. Money: List of financial issues
2. Relationship: List of relationship issues and considerations
3. Emotions: Feelings and anxieties.
4. Brightly Lighted side: Possibilities and solutions ~I left this side free of words until all the other sides of the box had been written down and listed. When I thought of something which might help the situation, I listed it on this side.

Top: Dreams: Looking ahead and Goals.
Bottom: Commitments: Areas to stay Grounded and Focused.

This greatly helped sort out where i was at the time and enabled me to reorganize myself.

Blessings
Elven x
Top   #2