Character Creation (or "Smiley Face") Spread

Mr. Sluagh

This is tarot spread that I've designed for randomly creating characters for use in roleplaying games and possibly other forms of storytelling as well.

1: Concept. The character's basic position in the story and in her own fictitious existence.
2: Impulse. The character's wants, needs, instincts, dementias, etc..
3: Ideal. The character's beliefs, goals, hopes, fears, morals, etc..
4: The Past. How the character's saga began.
5: The Interim. What went on between the Past and the Present. How the character got where he is now.
6: The Present. The character's current lot in life.
7: The Future. What is likely to happen to the character in the future.

Thoughts??

SherryZoned

I really like this spread..it covers everything and if you want to delve deeper you can by adding on..Great job!

Celtic_Dragon

Now are you talking character only? or are you including the environment and other ppl are included in the past/present/future as well? You said other forms of storytelling as well so I imeditely thought of story writing. And a good story has everything life has, history of the character as well as history of the other characters, how would you add to the spread for relationships towards other characters?

lovely_bones

Cool spread. And it's origional:) Don't think I spelt that right

Metafizzypop

This spread could be used for yourself or other real people, not just to invent fictitious ones.

GypsyNixie

I loved this! When I found it, I tried in a character I already created. I just wanted to see if it would work. As it turns out, its completely dead on. I loved it. I tried it on a different character for the same story and it helped me think of something that would develop her character. Excellent :D

Legion

It's good. Useful in every sense. Helped me with some writing. Though, I encountered a problem. In the first position, how to read something like... Ten of wands, or Ace of pentacles, or The World?
Also, any interesting suggestions on how to build a plot on Two of Pentacles as Present, and The Empress, as the future?

Rostiphan

It's good. Useful in every sense. Helped me with some writing. Though, I encountered a problem. In the first position, how to read something like... Ten of wands, or Ace of pentacles, or The World?

Depends on the sort of setting you're working with, I suppose. Perhaps 10 of Wands is a novelist whose current creative ambitions are overshadowed by a best-seller they wrote some years back. The Ace of Pentacles might be a young entrepreneur - perhaps the practical and wise half of a partnership with someone of the Wands variety?

The World is perhaps a touch more complicated, but maybe something of the Yoda archetype - wise teacher who appears to possess all knowledge?

Yineth

Also, any interesting suggestions on how to build a plot on Two of Pentacles as Present, and The Empress, as the future?

Just my random musing on the subject:

2 of Pentacles and Empress: Immediate thought that comes to mind is how the Pents/Coins are earth-related and the Empress is a representative of nature, birth, creation, etc. 2 different earth-groups coming together to form something new, or nurture into a new beginning. Two powers that must balance each other?

QabbalisticCabbage

this is very interesting and something i am eager to try since i have been taking too long to come up with extra chaacters for my graphic novel, as well as bulking out the character profiles for a few already made ones.

just now i am thinking that i might pull more than one card for the Impulse and Ideals sections, maybe 2 or 3, to give a broader overview of what each thing might include as they are quite ambiguous as they currently stand.

I shall post back here and let you know how it goes!