The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

faunabay

OK, I've gotten my next reading up. Very good news. :)

faunabay

OK, I have another blogging question.

Does following alot of blogs bog (**LOL** bog down a blog :p)

Sorry back to the question. }) If I follow alot of blogs will it fill up/slow down my computer? My computer has been running slow lately and I can't figure out exactly why. I also have to clear out the cookies and held files ALOT more since I've been blogging. So I wondered............. ????

pangolin

faunabay said:
If I follow alot of blogs will it fill up/slow down my computer? My computer has been running slow lately and I can't figure out exactly why.

I hope somebody knows the answer. MY computer has been running freakishly slow recently too. :bugeyed:

pangolin

I posted a new blog entry -- my first reading for a stranger.

firefrost

I'm not techy but that's something I would never have considered.

My PC's been running a bit slow at times but I put that down to my crap ISP.

It was terrible last night.

firecatpickles

I haven't had any issues with my PC lately. I don't think the blogs you are watching could make your PC run slow. There aren't even that many cookies associated with blogs.

souljourney

My computer isn't running slow...

Myrrha

My computer isn't slowing down either.

epvitale

faunabay said:
OK, I have another blogging question.

Does following alot of blogs bog (**LOL** bog down a blog :p)

Sorry back to the question. }) If I follow alot of blogs will it fill up/slow down my computer? My computer has been running slow lately and I can't figure out exactly why. I also have to clear out the cookies and held files ALOT more since I've been blogging. So I wondered............. ????

To answer your question. No. Following a lot of blogs (or anything else for that matter) will not slow your pc down (blogs don't bog!! ;)).

You may have to clear the cache more often, especially if you are going to a lot of graphically or media intense sites. Also kill your temp files (on and off line) this will help speed you up.

Question: Is your pc running slow only on the net, with a specific app or just in general?

If it's running slow in general, you may want to rin a diagnostic on it. Something like Norton Utilities is a good one for $40, I think.

Gary

faunabay

epvitale said:
You may have to clear the cache more often, especially if you are going to a lot of graphically or media intense sites. Also kill your temp files (on and off line) this will help speed you up.
Yep, I'm having to do this at least once a day. Actually almost everytime I access my blog I have to.
And yes, it is just the internet. Other stuff works fine.