"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

tarotlyn

Oh, I am ALL OVER THIS ONE!!! Can you use any chi pics? I have two chihuahuas, and a few great shots that you can have if you need them. That devil is the greatest!!!

Here is one pic, just to give you a sample - my little Pep. Modeling his Phillies scarf. He has huge ears, but he's not showing them in this shot.

...ooops... I just noticed that you said you have 'TWO' Chi's... YES 'BOTH' are welcome to be in my deck! :):thumbsup:

ETA: The image you posted of 'Pep' in this thread is large enough for me to work with...so
I only need an image of your other Chi. I also sent you a pm.

:heart: tarotlyn

tarotlyn

Changed gold frame

:heart::) I just changed the gold frame to accommodate the longer deck name...see image below...
(This is a smaller version for showing on AT. In fact all my images will be smaller on AT for uploading)

Do you guys think the frame looks okay verses my first version?

Oh, and I am making my cards 900 x 1500 pixels in size so they can be printed out in either
a small poker size or a regular sized tarot card. I learned from my last deck, not to create the cards to small :bugeyed: LOL :laugh:

QUESTION:
Does anyone have any suggestions on 'where' on the frame or on 'how' on the frame I should
put my copyright info?
Should I use my 'heart copyright' image from my bear deck? or? suggestions?
I do need to put some kind of copyright on each card.

:heart: tarotlyn
UPDATED: it is now the 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot'

Attachments

• NEW.GOLD.FRAME.jpg
    NEW.GOLD.FRAME.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 204

Chronata

That Mean Chi photo really cracks me up!

I kind of like the real hands myself....but paws might work too. I dunno...I would have to see them both, I guess. But the first female image just looks so...right.

As far as where to put the copyright...can you insert a small one in one of the shells of the frame? A heart shape might work with that.

Chiska

As far as where to put the copyright...can you insert a small one in one of the shells of the frame? A heart shape might work with that.

I think so, too. The heart is what you used on the All-Bears, so it would be consistent.

I don't have any chi's - just Catahoulas, so no dog pictures to share. :)

tarotlyn

That Mean Chi photo really cracks me up!

I kind of like the real hands myself....but paws might work too. I dunno...I would have to see them both, I guess. But the first female image just looks so...right.

Ha ha...that little bad boy (or girl) devil dog IS hilarious!!! :laugh:

And that is so weird, Chronata, because I thought the female image was not that good as it
was the very first card I did with my new software...I really enjoyed that one though because
it was fun putting in a completely different background than what I found the original female on.

Plus if you look, you will see that the costume looks hand drawn rather than being an image.
I may mix some in like that, since you like that one. Any idea about 'which' tarot card she should be then? LOL

I've been busy with the frame and the copyright heart...I think you will like it...I hope anyway.
...and yeah, I am torn between human hands and Chi paws too...still not sure yet...???
I am starting to think the human hands on the Devil card looks kind of awesomely wicked! LOL

I think so, too. The heart is what you used on the All-Bears, so it would be consistent.

I don't have any chi's - just Catahoulas, so no dog pictures to share. :)
:heart: well now, Chiska, I think I have a remedy for that little Catahoulas of yours:
How about, after this deck, I create a 'community' deck with 78 'pets' of AT members...
I would just list the titles of the cards and first come, first served (like in the give away contests) ?

Because I have a whole slew of another version of Medieval costumes that would really
look good that way (that won't work with this deck) The costumes are so good that I do want
to use them eventually and I would love to do a deck just for AT members and their pets.
It could be dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, turtles, or whatever pet our members have that want
to participate. Just a thought...what do you think? I think it would be so much fun! :party:
(probably just one pet per member, though :bugeyed:)

Regarding my copyright: You are right, it should be consistent...
...so I have come up with a really nice (I think anyway :p) copyright that I think fits in,
is consistent with my style, and won't get cut off and that looks okay to me...see it in the
image below of the EMPEROR...I think he is finished?

:heart: thanks Chronata and Chiska, you have given me really valuable tips and I am listening :heart:
...so Chi Hugs for you both!

................ETA: Calling it a night...it's after 1 am! :bugeyed:
...see you all tomorrow :heart:
:* tarotlyn

Attachments

• 4.EMPEROR.RD.2.WITH.SKY.jpg
    4.EMPEROR.RD.2.WITH.SKY.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 218

Bhavana

I just sent you several photos of both my dogs - use them however you want! I have a few more, will get them to you later.

I like:
1.) the new frame border
2.) the paws instead of the hands

That "mean" chi is too funny! They sure can make the most evil little faces when you tick them off. I think so much of what chihuahuas do is to compensate for their small size.

Debra

I suggest you choose a different font for the copyright notice--thinner and more consistent with the style of the frame, a cursive maybe.

Are you planning to have the title of the deck on every card? I wonder if you really need that.

I would vote paws rather than hands. Collaged animals with human hands are kind of like monsters, in my opinion.

Good luck with your project :) I'm starting to think none of the animal kingdom is safe from being tarot-ized as long as Lyn's around with her photoshop program!

tarotlyn

I just sent you several photos of both my dogs - use them however you want! I have a few more, will get them to you later.

I like:
1.) the new frame border
2.) the paws instead of the hands

That "mean" chi is too funny! They sure can make the most evil little faces when you tick them off. I think so much of what chihuahuas do is to compensate for their small size.
:heart: Thank you Bhavana, I'm just getting going today on the deck and I will check my email
for your images. Really, Chi's are just too funny most of the time. They are like little cartoons, for real!
A dear friend of mine, got me started with them 14 years ago...and they are like potato chips,
once you have one, you just have to have more! LOL :laugh:

I am noting your comments on the frame, and the paws vs hands.
I think we are on the same wavelength.
thanks again!

:heart: CHI HUGS
tarotlyn

I suggest you choose a different font for the copyright notice--thinner and more consistent with the style of the frame, a cursive maybe.

Are you planning to have the title of the deck on every card? I wonder if you really need that.

I would vote paws rather than hands. Collaged animals with human hands are kind of like monsters, in my opinion.

Good luck with your project :) I'm starting to think none of the animal kingdom is safe from being tarot-ized as long as Lyn's around with her photoshop program!
:heart: Debra, see this is why I like you being here, because you bring things to my attention that
I hadn't thought of or noticed at all! For instance the font on the copyright info...I swear I didn't
even notice that was wrong...thank you :* ... and as far as the frame with the deck name
on every card, you are right again! I can put the deck name on the 'Introduction' and 'Thank You' cards.

So, now I have a question for you, do you think the card 'title would look better at the top or at the bottom?

Regarding paws vs human hands: It will be much harder, but I can do the paws instead.
BUT...what about just leaving the human hands on only the 'devil' card?...LOL It really does
make him look monstrous...Ha Ha...what do you think? Leave them on the devil card?

Regarding the animal kingdom animals and more animal decks:
...maybe...LOL... but I am also thinking of making my own human models...or not! :bugeyed:

Actually, I was given a vision of a deck (from the Other Side)...about 1 1/2 weeks ago...
and it was a 78 card Tarot deck (but with an Oracle slant). Individual cards were
shown to me and then I woke up. I can't remember every single card shown to me, but I did
get up and write down the 'specific ideas' shown to me for the deck. That may be the next deck I do.
The cards shown to me by the Spirits weren't animal orientated, but rather scene orientated.
...as I mentioned somewhere before...so much to do and so little time! :bugeyed: :laugh:

So, Debra, you are extremely observant :thumbsup: and have very good suggestions :):thumbsup: ...me like! :heart:

tarotlyn

PathWalker

Not sure if this has already been covered- sorry if it has.
But the costume on the lovely blue/white "female unfinished"
I wouldn't classify that as medieaval myself.

If you take a quick look at this page for exapmle

http://www.virtue.to/articles/extant.html

you'll see that although one item does have the more cinched in look, the length and sleeves of your design are still too modern.

This kind of detail may not matter - I didn't know how accurate you wanted to be, but as it's an area I know a lttle about I thought I'd say, so you could have a look.

Enjoy your project
Pathwalker :)

tarotlyn

:heart::) Pathwalker, thank you so much for the information regarding Medieval costumes...
I am very interested in knowing more about the costumes I will be using in this deck.

I am really so glad that you brought this to my attention! I purchased a lot of photos from
other people, and this was one of them that they said was Medieval. I just checked and I did find
a few 'shorter' dresses for that era and also 'cinched in' dresses and a few puffed sleeves,
but almost all the dresses are longer...you are right!

So now, I am thinking that the time theme I am going for is more the 1800's look...

...so this can no longer be called the 'Medieval Chihuahua Tarot'...:bugeyed:

So since I am 'mixing' actual ages and/or costumes from different time periods...I think I will have to
go back to the the deck name of: 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot'

(OR...I can switch to my other set of costumes that are definitely Medieval...just checked those :thumbsup:
BUT I am saving them for a fun 'Medieval AT Pet Tarot'...LOL)

...BUT for this deck, I think I like this look better...the 1800's I mean.

...so back to the drawing board...

Thanks again, :heart: Pathwalker for pointing this out!
:heart: CHI HUGS
tarotlyn