Major Arcana and the Thelemic Holy Season

Grigori

thorhammer said:
Wait! Y'all are CONFUSING me!!! It's Adjustment day, dammit!

LOL sorry Kat. I thought yesterday was Adjustment, and today Chariot. Am I a day ahead? :|

Grigori

Hmm, I just checked the site. Strange things!

# March 30 LAMED, Adjustment: Liber Librae
# March 31 KAPH, Fortune: Liber VII, Cap. 3
# April 1 YOD, The Hermit: Liber VII, Cap. 5
# April 2 TETH, Lust: Liber Stellae Rubeae
# April 3 CHETH, The Chariot: Liber Cheth

They do Adjustment first, and Lust later, so in the order of the letter and not the number. However, they then do Emperor and Star in their numerical places. Go figure!

I have no idea why.... :confused:

thorhammer

LOL I think that's my cue to get off this train :p I'm firm, you could say, on the Lust/Adjustment order (that would be, 11/8 respectively) and tenaciously ignorant on the Emperor/Star order. I don't even want to try and think about it ROFL

\m/ Kat

Grigori

thorhammer said:
LOL I think that's my cue to get off this train :p I'm firm, you could say, on the Lust/Adjustment order (that would be, 11/8 respectively) and tenaciously ignorant on the Emperor/Star order. I don't even want to try and think about it ROFL

\m/ Kat

I was thinking about the order last night and realized the problem. Sheer Osirian Stupidity! They've just listed the RWS order, no thought to the letters or the Thoth numerical order. No doubt whoever did it learnt on the RWS first and is used to that order, and since I'm also a RWS starter, I never noticed the problem until Kat pointed it out. I realized I did the same thing with something else also, which I'll post about on another thread.

Instead of actually looking at what is now, and adjusting accordingly, I just followed the same old status quo, unthinkingly, and unconsciously. Shame on me.

I am happy however that this realization was the result of my Heirophant mediation. Good to have the big guy initiating me and reminding me of my own stupidity :D

ravenest

It was bloody good fun though ... well, I had fun anyway :laugh:

Hard to believe thats what 'They' did ... why would they do that? I thought it had something to do with the reading of the LIbers and the letter order.

That 'misplaced' Lust was a giveaway through :laugh:

Grigori

Empress day yesterday. I invoked the great goddess Carley. She's a little known Australian goddess, patron of hairdressers. Probably you haven't heard of her. But she is suitably Empress-y, and after being invoked she gifted on me the power of "short back and sides" and has made me freshly beautiful. Add to that a overindulgent dinner and rapid consumption of the remaining chocolate in the house, and my evening was very Empress-y :)

Priestess day today, and the first day of the the reception of the Book of the Law. Since it's a day for Nuit, I think tonight I will reread the first Chapter of the BoL and mights also go back through our threads here on it again. That seems suitable Priestess-y also :)

ravenest

Okay ... I visit my Priestess tonight ;)

Grigori

Fool Day yesterday, last day of the season. Continuing with focusing the BoL the last 3 days I read Chapter 3, and also set up my altar Gnostic Mass style and spent some time there. It's my birthday soon, so last night I had a big party and it was very Fool appropriate. We had crazy Halloween costumes, heaps of yummy Indian Food (I thought a fiery curry was quite suitable for Ra-Hoor-Khuit) and a lot to drink. A right proper feast :)

This has been a really good and useful experience for me. I've never really done the daily draw thing, and taking the time to notice and focus on a card each day in this way was really beneficial. :)

Always Wondering

In an attempt to shame myself into consistency :| this year I am going to use this thread to declare my intention to observe this Holy Season. Meditation isn't very verbal but I found that writing of these concepts does help set it in my mind.

T
Tau Tav (What's that about anyway? Crowley uses Tau, Regardie, Tau and Tav in the same book)
Value 400
32nd Path Administrative Intelligence
The Universe
Saturn

I start with a new attempt this year to make friends with Saturn. I might as well, I am stuck with him. :laugh: He is exalted in my Libra Moon and at detriment in my rising Cancer. I know how mean he can seem so I will concentrate today on attributes such a patience, truth, and wisdom. The Golden Dawn keyword for Saturn is The Teacher. I can live with that. Attributes such as organization, structure and goals give me some clue why this path is called Administrative Intelligence. Discipline seems like an excellent attribute as I begin this commitment.

Tau means the sign of the cross and is related to the number four. I learned today the Tau is a symbol of symbols. An image of that which is mutual and reciprocial. Tau is perfection. Unlike other aspects of Tau, this perfection and symbolism I can see in The Universe card.
Crowley said:
No continuous process can be conveniently symbolized; but the number 4 lends itself, not only to this rigid extension, the hard facts of nature, but also to the transcendence of space and time by a continuously self-compensating change.

This gives me a good little snapshot of Tau and it's correspondence to Saturn. "Self-compensating change" gave me the vision of a tree throwing out its branches in ways that often seem surprising in an effort to keep upright against stressful elements.

As always I welcome any feedback, corrections, or further learning.

AW