What Faeries live in your home?

Octopus

Thank You, TemperanceAngel! :)
I wish I could find an appropriate translation into Russian. :)

Wisp Wings

Octopus said:
Thank You, TemperanceAngel! :)
I wish I could find an appropriate translation into Russian. :)

Not sure if you were wanting a translation to tell something you have experienced or for a better understanding of what the teacher meant about the vitamins. If it was the latter, maybe I can help on that. If you understood it fine, please forgive me for attempting to explain.

What was meant by the factory made vitamins and that the faeries don't dance around them, is that they are lacking. They aren't nearly as good as what is made by nature herself. So there is nothing about the factory ones to get worked-up over, excited about, and certainly nothing to cause one to have zip, spring or to want to dance a jig about. Of course, in his saying this too does point to the power within the natural vitamins and their own bit of magic. ;) Faery or otherwise.

Octopus

I meant an equivalent in Russian so it would sound as natural as it sounded in that expression. And the meaning I understood well. ;) But thank you anyway! :)

smokey

Like Simone;
We too, have the "windchime fey"...BUT... on the other wing... there's that NOT-SO-NICE "imp". Dunno if he/she/it is a faerie;
but a self-proclaimed "psychic"(SP?) I used 2 live with N-A boarding-
home almost refused 2 come into my room 1 day cuz she
claimed I had my own personal "imp" following me @ all times,&
staying w/me & he was not nice! Of course, I then proceeded 2 ask her was she on her meds...The gal reluctantly came on in any-
way witha couple more pals-o-mine 2 chat awhile. Upon leaving,2
the horror of the "seer"; the treasured gold coin she had carried
w/her since childhood(her dear deceased dad had gave it 2 her
right B4 his passing)as a good-luck charm was gone!!! "GIVE- IT-
BACK-EVIL-IMP!" she screams,choking on tears. She'd been showing it to the 3 of us,& we all clearly remembered her placing it under her knee. Even-so...we all four stripped to-the-bare;(her-self included,of course!) Twas never found. The girl blamed only herself cuz she said she'd been warned NOT 2 enter my room.
After I got my own place,lil odds & ends repeatedly came up A.W.O.L.!!! When my S/O; Bill (who still pays his rent on his own
apt.,but lives w/me) HIS stuff came up A.W.O.L.; GEEZ, whata' "KLEPTO!l"
The only thing he EVER returned was my "ICEE-HOT"(3 mnth's.lat-
er!)never got the mates 2 socks & earrings/stud backs returned.lol

Alissa

The 4 a.m. Hunger Pains Faery

Alissa said:
The Faery of the Capricious Hunger is a mischievious little sot. He is the one who gives you bizarre hunger pains at 4 a.m. and wild, impossible-to-fill cravings, especially those that are dirty or disgusting, like licking potatoes. Menstruating and pregnant women are especially prone to his caprices. He seems to delight in making fun of the fact that as humans, we need to eat, and that They (as Fae) do not.
I was up the other morning in the all-dark too-early hours, and I actually saw this faerie (in my head, not externalized!). I was laying awake, debating on getting out of bed to get busy, or laying in bed and pretending to sleep. Suddenly, I felt my stomach turn over with those bizarre early-morning hunger pains. I ignored the first pangs... they got worse, like they always do. I turned to look at the clock, thinking, "I'll bet it's 4 a.m." Sure as shine... it was exactly 4 a.m.

I laid back on my pillows, clutching my hurting stomach. I told the faery how much those hunger pains hurt, and made me nausious at the same time, thinking if I explained it hurt, they might stop. But she didn't seem to care... and then I saw her!

As I laid with my eyes closed, I could See her so plainly! What a grumpy faery she is!!! She was hunched over in a posture like the Fee Lion's and she was green all over. Her hair was black and green and stuck out in all directions, like twigs. She scowled at me! Talk about a grouch!!!

She looked like a cross between the Fee Lion, a very mean Green Lady, and Soul Shrinker. She had nasty teeth and nasty hair, and was sullen and sulky. (Actually, she looked more like the Green Jenny thing from the Fairy Ring oracle deck, the one who drowns kids).

The vision of her faded only a few minutes later. And so did my stomach pains. She is such a strange, misunderstood creature... how grouchy she is too. Don't get on her bad side, that's what I learned from the event. Wonderful, and bizarre!

Alissa

Mischievious Fae... or not? You decide.... I have "an active imagination." But I keep myself very entertained.

This year, for Christmas, Alissa the Geek bought the "It's A Wonderful Life" Bedford Falls ceramic homes and businesses from Walgreens. They have little lights inside that you can switch on, and the light comes through the windows of the buildings, looking kitschy and cute, like it's supposed to.

"IAWL" is a tradition in my house. Those who know me well, I've told them why the movie is so important to me. I usually watch it twice a year, at least once at Christmas and once in the summer or so, when I need a dose of George Bailey to keep me going.

This year, my husband (humoring me) encouraged me to buy the Walgreens set - Gower's Drug Store, Bailey Building and Loan, 320 Sycamore, and Martini's. We also have the Bank. We don't have any other Christmas-y tableaux to boast of - I'm just not a Nativity scene type - so we thought it would be cute set to have for the house for holiday decorating.

What does this have to do with Fae?

After unwrapping my new porcelain homes, getting a outlet strip to plug everything into, and setting everything up... for one day and night, our own little Bedford Falls glowed. AND THEN~! The very next day, for no good reason, the lights in 2 of our 5 houses went out!

The Gower Drug Store and the Bailey Building and Loan!

"Those rascals!" says Alissa upon noticing the lights out, "Uncle Billy and Mr. Gower took off to Martini's to get loaded!"

Billy and Gower were MIA for 2 days, until more light bulbs could be bought. "I bet my Faeries came in and coaxed them into closing up shop to go out for a weekend bender!" says me!

I'm imaginative, but I keep myself good company.

sagitarian

That's awesome!

LOL, that's awesome Alissa, I think it's faery games personally!

The Good Morning faery has been hanging out with me as of late. She's in the Good and Bad faeries book. She's the faery that whispers in your ear to take some time off, ignore the chores and the cleaning, do something for yourself, and relax. I didn't do ANYTHING yesterday, and I mean NOTHING except for feed the kids and watch some movies, play on the computer, etc. I love her company, but I'm trying to tell her politely that she has to go now, it's been fun, but I have work to do, no really, i need to get some stuff done. smiles.

Skydancer

Ever seen a kitten wake up from a sleep, startled.. then chase something unseen until it runs head first into a wall to a dead stop? Its funny, but poor poor kitty..
Oh, that sounds like a fairy alright.

I'm a sicko, I thought that was really funny!

So did I!! *LOL* ;)

What a wonderful thread - so happy to have found it! It's nearly 1 in the morning and here I am reading about Fae encounters of the 4th kind!!

I've had mine, that's for sure. Didn't know they were the faeries tho'. Not back then (in Jr. HS and that was a LONG time ago). They were the ones who hid articles of clothing (or pencils, etc) UNTIL I asked someone, outloud, if they had seen it (whatever was presently missing that I had only had a minute ago). As soon as the person said no, I would turn around and there it would be, in plain sight. Happened oh so often.

Even after I married it would happen. I would have to ask Hubby loud and clearly if he had seen the Missing X and just after he would holler back "NO!" then I would find it. I have even tested this phenomenon over the years, to see if I was just imagining it. I would look and look (and look and look and ... well, you get the idea) and satisfied that it was not to ever be seen on this plane of existence ever again, I would ask DH and ... yeah, it would show up. Usually within minutes. *sigh*

So, I have a proven theory that it IS indeed the work of devious and oh so charming little people. No way around it.

Oh - and our laundry faerie is also a clothing manufactuer - she/they take the socks they devour and return them some time later as a sock or T-shirt that does not belong to anyone in the family, or to anyone who has visited. THAT always raises a few eyebrows...

(and the Husband-Person dares to think I am just being silly ... that man is BEGGING for trouble)

*S*

cSpaceDiva

Not sure if anyone mentioned the faery that lives under the couch cushions, amassing treasures there.

Of the faeries from the book, a few have come to visit, but it looks like the Fee Lion has taken up residence. Right now he's sitting on a pile a laundry that needs to be folded staring at me.

Alissa

Skydancer said:
Oh - and our laundry faerie is also a clothing manufactuer - she/they take the socks they devour and return them some time later as a sock or T-shirt that does not belong to anyone in the family, or to anyone who has visited. THAT always raises a few eyebrows...
Oh there's another one! See, then I don't feel so crazy in this world, since I"m not the only one these things happen to.... })

My faery does that with toys. I've found random toys, not my son's or any of his friends', ON THE TOP SHELF of my linen closet. Used toys, old ones - not in boxes but scuffed up and played with. And I cleaned that closet twice the first year we lived here and kept nothing of the sort.

Bizarre....
That only happened like twice though, when my son was still toddling. Hasn't of late. In fact, they've been very very quiet. I hope that means they're content.

Or I just haven't noticed what's gone missing yet...