The Bathtub Spread

Imagemaker

I made up this spread for advice on a task or job ahead. It turned out to give an interesting reading. Would someone else please try it and give me advice on card positions?

1. The tub--the environment of the task/project
2 The hot water--what may cause worry
3. The cold water--what may stop progress
4. The soap--what you need to do
5. The rubber ducky--what will be fun
6. The drain--what you'll get rid of
7. The towel--how you'll feel after it's done

It would be fun to have a tub-shaped arrangement, like

1.......................6 ...........7

Suggestions?

Aura Wolf

Bahhaha! I just have to say, I love that spread :laugh:

firemaiden

(((Imagemaker))) I love it. Its fantastic. I can't wait to try it out. :)

yve

Great spread! What do you mean it gave an interesting reading?

MuffinTops

I like it too!I suppose the tub could be filled with any situation, not just work or task?

miss_apples

what a fun, creative, metaphorical spread. I will definatly have to try that one!

miss_apples

However...what if its a bubble bath?

Or what if you added some bath salts to the bath?

Mimers

miss_apples said:
However...what if its a bubble bath?

Or what if you added some bath salts to the bath?

Good idea Apples!

The bubbles - what will be decatant?

jema

It looks like a really great spread! Will try it out soon and post it in the readings forum.

Imagemaker

What do you mean it gave an interesting reading?

On a whim I used this spread to ask about an old idea I have for a children's book--and every position turned up a card that was so focused on that task--like 8 of pentacles for soap (what you need to do).

3 of the 7 cards were pentacles, plus 2 majors. Guess I need to get this idea into production.

Because a bath is *generally* a solitary activity, I think this spread would work best for tasks where you're mostly alone or in charge. But it could always be converted to a relationship question. Hot tubs come in all sizes . . .

I'd thought of adding bubbles, but had no inspiration for what they'd mean. Maybe "what will start out obvious and then fade away" or "what will add more enjoyment"--depends on if you're taking a lingering bath or an efficient one :)

I'm delighted people are enjoying this one, let me know how your readings turn out.