Best Bargains

Cassandra022

lucky le fanu :D

Debra

:(

I won a new, sealed Fergus Hall Tarot of the Witches on e-bay. $1.04 :laugh:

Which hasn't arrived. The seller says, dear, please wait some more, dear, perhaps it's hung up by Valentine's Day.

She's selling an identical one at $20 buy-it-now.

I believe she decided to put it up for sale at a better price, and refund the money if I asked for it.

I could be wrong, but on the other hand, she also sells contracts with the devil. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAUNTED-SAT...588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab17f864c

rwcarter

OOP Shining Woman Tarot (not Shining Tribe) for $10.38 Buy It Now on eBay with free shipping to boot! It's the boxed set with book and cards, and the cards look like they've never been used.

A couple of years ago, I surprised an Aeclectic friend by giving her the set I'd paid considerably more for. She'd gotten a reading from the author and was interested in the deck. I wasn't using it, so gave it to her. Now the Universe has rewarded my kindness by replacing my deck for a song. :)

VanillaLatte

Got a zerner farber and mini celtic (LS) for $14 at closing down sale of a book store today :)

Melia

I binned a Zerner Farber many years ago.

A few days ago I came across another copy of the Fantastical Menagerie Tarot set at 'normal' shop price - $30. I found it online when I was perusing the store's tarot stock. It was brand new; and it was available at a local store, so there was no postage involved. Given the prices people are asking for this deck set now, I think it was a bargain. I'm so pleased to have a 2nd copy of this deck set. It's a good reading deck for me.

I would NEVER .... NEVEEER .... buy an OOP deck selling above retailer price, no matter how much I like the deck.

OctoberGwen

I would NEVER .... NEVEEER .... buy an OOP deck selling above retailer price, no matter how much I like the deck.

Thankfully, I don't follow that rule. I would have missed out on my favorite deck in all the world, as I found AT well after it was OOP and demand was high for it at the time.

___

I haven't bought any decks in a while so I'll have to try and recall my last bargain. ;)

Spark-san

A few days ago I came across another copy of the Fantastical Menagerie Tarot set at 'normal' shop price - $30. I found it online when I was perusing the store's tarot stock. It was brand new; and it was available at a local store, so there was no postage involved. Given the prices people are asking for this deck set now, I think it was a bargain. I'm so pleased to have a 2nd copy of this deck set. It's a good reading deck for me.
Same here!
I was wishlist hunting at my local new age shop, and there was the Fantastic Menagerie in all its glory. I checked online on my phone to see if I could get it any cheaper than $35. The cheapest I found it online was $187. Safe to say I snapped up that deck as fast as I could!
And I have not regretted it, I love this deck.

Laura Borealis

Which hasn't arrived. The seller says, dear, please wait some more, dear, perhaps it's hung up by Valentine's Day.

She's selling an identical one at $20 buy-it-now.

I believe she decided to put it up for sale at a better price, and refund the money if I asked for it.

I could be wrong, but on the other hand, she also sells contracts with the devil. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAUNTED-SAT...588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab17f864c

Did you ever get your deck, Debra?

Penthasilia

I picked up a Dusserre Ed. Papus deck at a second hand store here for 15 bucks. There is no box or book- so the owner didn't know what it was :)

A great find!

Le Fanu

I picked up a Dusserre Ed. Papus deck at a second hand store here for 15 bucks. There is no box or book- so the owner didn't know what it was :)

A great find!
Well done! Oh but if you ever want to sell it... ;)