3 of swords as romantic feelings

DreamerGirl81

So I got this card in "does he have romantic feelings for me" position. I used Druidcraft deck. I also don't do yes, no answers but more what the actual card is telling me.

Not sure on the nuances of what this means. I know heartbreak, pain, suffering etc. But how does it answer the question if someone has romantic feelings.

I guess I would expect to get 4 of cups or The Hermit or something if the answer is no, they couldn't care less.

Also I know this person so it's not about pain of their past realtionship or anything like that.

Having said all that, could this mean that he does have romantic feelings but is currently hurt or heart broken over something I said or did? Or does this mean that HE is betraying me and feels guilty about it?

Any other ideas?

Shaymus

Perhaps it could mean that things are too painful for him right now because of a prior experience of heartbreak, to be ready or willing for another romantic relationship.

Shaymus

BrightEye

In my experience, the cards we draw for other people often also reflect our own state of mind/heart or what's going on in our own lives as much as in theirs. So, while what Shaymus says may well be the case, maybe him not displaying his feelings also causes you to feel 3-of-swordish? I wouldn't see this card as betrayal. That's more the 7 of swords.

Bernice

I think Shaymus may have put his finger on it. My meaning (non-R.W) tends towards something similar. Something like.......having had some previous upset (or disaster) he's taking it out on you! (Rertribution).

Bee :)

pasara

One way to think of the three of swords is that it "cuts to the core of things." This idea can have many different manifestations, thus it can be difficult in some cases, but in others just what is called for.

For me it has many meanings that don't necessarily always involve heartache, but rather no illusions, no pussy-footing around things, words (or thoughts,etc) that get to the heart of the matter, this type of idea. In any case a certain strength is needed to deal with such directness, harsh realities or intensity.

So, while my first thought if this came up in a reading would be something along the lines of what others have said, this idea might be another avenue to explore.

achellia

i would see 3 sw as a love triagle in a love relationship

WalesWoman

I'd get another spread without yes or no questions for starts. For starts it's an odd number and I'd say at odds would mean a No.

Really look at the card. The three swords lean against the trunk of a scarred tree, from previous wounds, so there is scar tissue, it's tough and protective, thicker and more impervious. The three swords handles rest on a stone heart, stone is hard and cold, it can't be wounded, nothing can get to it. Also the three swords point outward and upward from the heart, so I would say that those swords are protecting the stone heart, keeping things away, similar to the way porquipine quills protect the little beast beneath them.

If he does have any romantic feelings they are well guarded and protectived, otherwise I would hazard a guess that no, he doesn't have a soft spot for you in that stone heart of his.

feather

I had a similar instance: I just did a relationship spread; the outcome being 3 of swords. My face was literally like D: when I saw the card, but as I studied the rest of the spread I realized that I was in the middle of feeling heartbroken and betrayed. Later tonight I plan on taking action to uncover some truths. I feel BrightEye explained it well.

BrightEye said:
In my experience, the cards we draw for other people often also reflect our own state of mind/heart or what's going on in our own lives as much as in theirs. So, while what Shaymus says may well be the case, maybe him not displaying his feelings also causes you to feel 3-of-swordish? I wouldn't see this card as betrayal. That's more the 7 of swords.

Nytebugg

“Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.” - Neil Gaiman

I often think of that when I think about love hurting. even if the feelings are returned love and romantic feelings can hurt. if you aren't near the person it can make you ache. There is the fear they don't return your feelings which makes you worry and hurt.

Fostha

Bloody hell,how true is that!! Heartaches the biggest silent killer going!