Cat's Eye Tarot

allibee

Beautiful and very recognisable ... I have a Magician and a Wheel of Fortune.

Your love for cats and knowledge of their wonderful behavior is absolutely fantastic .... another buyer here!

baba-prague

shamaness said:
The world cannot have too many cat decks

I've been dithering about whether to say anything on this thread, but in the spirit of the comment above, I think I probably should come clean and say that we are also working on a cat deck.

BUT it is VERY different from this deck - which I agree is SO sweet and has a real personality and knowledge of cats - like others I look forward to seeing it available. And well, a world with TWO more cats decks can't be bad can it?

I'll upload one or two of ours as soon as I can - but on another thread for fear of butting into this one. I suspect that our deck is a bit of an open secret now anyway.

Catdoc, please do take part in threads when you can. It would be good to hear more from you, and more about your deck as it progresses.

Demonesse

The watercolours give this deck a very lovely, natural feel - you're very talented, catdoc! I can't believe I actually like a ...cat...deck - nooo!

baba-prague

Demonesse said:
I can't believe I actually like a ...cat...deck - nooo!

Ah HAH! You see Demonesse, you've been influenced by the secret telepathic power of some cats around you. When a cat stares hard at you, it is secretly transmitting. Next thing you know you will be designing your own cat deck. There is no escape! :)

Le_Corsair

Catdoc, don't run down your writing ability. You write beautifully and intelligently, and the forums are the poorer for lack of your commentary. Don't be a (groan alert) scaredy-cat! (ok, collective groan, everyone!)

Bob :THERM

catdoc

baba prague,
Three cheers for another cat deck! For me, cats and the tarot are a natural. I am always on the look out for decks to add to my collection and those which utilize cat images effectively will catch my eye every time. I love the cats with each of the Queens in the Legend deck. The Halloween Tarot is rife with cats. The Queen of Wands is frequently accompanied by a cat in decks old and new. I don't think it is a passing fad, many who enjoy the tarot also have a temperament which allows them to appreciate cats as well. Beautiful, intriquing, mysterious, comforting, instuctive, maybe even a little frightening at times. Adjectives one might apply to either his favorite tarot deck or favorite cat?

Actually I do not find that there are not that many decks which use cats exclusively and several of those available are major arcana only decks. It was Kipling West's Tarot for Cats, given to me by a client/friend as a christmas gift, which brought me to the study of the tarot in the first place. Intriqued, I was fortunate to find Joan Bunning's on line course. At that point I needed a full 78 card deck with fairly 'traditional' meanings. Following Joan's advice I searched for a deck whose images appealed to me. Tarot of The Cat People was the deck I chose to learn with and it has remained one of my favorite decks, but it was not exactly what I was looking for. It is my goal to create the deck that I would have liked to have found when I made that initial search.

My journey into the world of the tarot is unique only in that we are each individuals with a story to tell, but in many ways we who have come to the tarot in recent years share a common experience. It does not surprise me that others find the cat an apt substitute for the human form when seeking a way to express the wisdom they have found within the tarot. In a thread about the Cat People Tarot, someone commented that the expressions on the cat's faces often provided a clearer sense of the card's meaning than those of the people. Cats can sometimes seem like patient teachers sharing our lives waiting for us to gain the wisdom to preceive their subtle messages. (You may be correct, baba, a cat has probably reached out to Demoneese :eek:).

Speaking of cat decks, does anyone have the Tarot Du Chat? Thoughts?
Deb

HudsonGray

There are still less than 10 cat decks out there, so I think there's plenty of room for more, in any style. I too like the Tarot for Cats quite a bit, but haven't found a deck/book set that was under $50 (I keep watching ebay sporatically for a few things like this).

Considering the number of cat owners looking for something new, you'd do fine with a deck sweet as this one is.

Funny, the number of DOG decks is remarkably lower than what you can find with cats. But overall, I think animal decks are generally very popular.

Jet Aluna

respectfully snipped <Funny, the number of DOG decks is remarkably lower than what you can find with cats.>

There is something definitely wrong with that picture... unfortunately, I've tried to get my dogs to sit upright and pose for pictures and it just never works...

http://www.tarotforlife.com/files/ricki.JPG

Greyhound... ducking and running

EarthAngel2911

Oh, Deb! I've loved watching each of your cards evolve over the past year, and I'm so excited that you've completed the Majors! As a complete cat person, I love each and every one of them! And I was just going over them at TFL, and it seems I missed a couple!! I just saw Death, Devil, Star, Moon, and Judgement (where have I been??), and the detail you've included is so incredible. Wow

I know I've already said this before, but you know I'd buy your deck in a heartbeat. :) And it seems that there's definite interest everywhere you look.

I know you're going to start on the minors soon, but I sure do hope you think about self-publishing your Majors. What a great addition to Tarot your deck will be!! :D

Blessings,
Karen

Aura Wolf

Those are beautiful! Finally a cat deck that I love! That's going on my list.

:( I wish I could speed time forward so that it would be finished. I want it right now!