The Emperor versus King of Wands: death match

Hazydays

Hello everyone! I've lurked the forums for about a year -- mainly to learn about the cards. I'm worried about my situation, so any opinions are appreciated.

Basically, within the past 12 months I've had 2 romantic encounters, one past with the Emperor, which ended because he moved away. The other recently with the King of Wands, which ended because it got too intense (go figure haha). I'm at a fragile point in my life right now, so I have to be careful. I have an unsettling feeling something's looming on the horizon. Unfinished business.

My tarot friend identified these 2 for me before they came into my life. I thought the KoW was gonna be the same guy as the Emperor. Nope! Sometimes we only see what we want to see.

Out of sneaky curiosity, I had each of these gentlemen draw one of my cards when I knew them. The Emperor drew The Lovers and the King of Wands drew 2 of cups.

Anyhow, these 2 pairs of cards are now inseparable, Emperor + the Lovers and King of Wands + 2 of cups. It's been that way ALL year. Sometimes the matches fly out of the pile together. I need to be prepared. What do you make of those cards representing 2 individuals:

Person 1: Emperor + Lovers
Person 2: King of Wands + 2 of cups

Who are these people? Which one is preferable? There's unfinished business, and I'm worried the S is gonna hit the F!! Don't trust either one. I don't want to get my heart broken.

ana luisa

Welcome to the forum! :) I am not sure I understand your question... What exactly do you want to know ? What Emperor + lovers means ? What kind of person would that be ? Which one would make you happier ? Could you develop on that a bit ?

Hazydays

Welcome to the forum! :) I am not sure I understand your question... What exactly do you want to know ? What Emperor + lovers means ? What kind of person would that be ? Which one would make you happier ? Could you develop on that a bit ?

Yes, I'm looking to get a sense of their personalities and how it would relate to me. Emperor + Lovers and King of Wands + 2 of cups seem very similar pairings to me. One is major and one is minor, but from what I understand, the Lovers is no walk in the park, although it may be more powerful. I don't know what to expect from either one, except they are both pushy and cocky as hell. :)

JoyousGirl

I would say the lovers represents wanting to shag all the time - but that's it - it won't last. The 2 of Cups holds more promise but maybe someone will get bored.

Maybe forget both and look for someone else.

ArchAngelMeshi

from a newbie stand point, the Emperor + Lovers looks like a much stronger bond since both are Majors and the Emperor is kinda like all the Kings melded into one.

However, the King of Wands is known for being very passionate and the 2 of Cups means things definitely have the potential to grow.

I tend to think of it as:
The Emperor is all the Kings melded into one, but not as powerful in that one particular area as the other Kings. (Cups = Emotions, Wands = Ambition/Passion, Pents = Stability/Comfort, Swords = Fairness)

I say go for the King of Wands. He's not a Page or a Knight, so he is mature and controls his fire. He is passionate and brave. Not saying the Emperor is not, it's just that I think the King of Wands is stronger in that particular area.

My personal experience with the Lovers card is usually pretty tragic to be completely honest. The 2 of Cups seems much more innocent and fun.

But ultimately, it's up to you, hun. Both men seem strong and loyal.

Hazydays

from a newbie stand point, the Emperor + Lovers looks like a much stronger bond since both are Majors and the Emperor is kinda like all the Kings melded into one.

However, the King of Wands is known for being very passionate and the 2 of Cups means things definitely have the potential to grow.

I tend to think of it as:
The Emperor is all the Kings melded into one, but not as powerful in that one particular area as the other Kings. (Cups = Emotions, Wands = Ambition/Passion, Pents = Stability/Comfort, Swords = Fairness)

I say go for the King of Wands. He's not a Page or a Knight, so he is mature and controls his fire. He is passionate and brave. Not saying the Emperor is not, it's just that I think the King of Wands is stronger in that particular area.

My personal experience with the Lovers card is usually pretty tragic to be completely honest. The 2 of Cups seems much more innocent and fun.

But ultimately, it's up to you, hun. Both men seem strong and loyal.

You're completely right. And I'm still going to put my 2 of swords up anyway ;) ... So sad that one of the most beautiful cards in the deck (The Lovers) is so freaking complicated! Honestly I'd like to just move on, but the cards keep teasing me. I prefer reading for other people anyway. I know too well that choosing the wrong person can destroy your life. It's funny because when I told the KoW that I didn't think we were a good fit (on our first date), he pushed me against a wall and kissed me. What a wand! lol ;)