Eros Tarot - uusi

FLizarraga

Mine arrived, too.

I was not sure if I was going to like it or not -- nudity does not bother me, lewdness does -- but there is nothing coarse about it. It is witty, and elegant, and gorgeous, and I'm in love.

And the cardstock is a dream come true. Waxy and shuffly (is that a word?) and just delicious.

agviz

Got mine today and it's a real hoot! I can only begin to wonder what "type" of questions I'll be asking of this deck tonight. Ahem.

baconwaffles

Oh goodness, I am brimming with excitement and anticipation.

Shade

A few quick shots (please note my lighting is terrible and the cards appear much yellower than they truly are).

I've been dipping my toes into Marseilles style reading of late and I am looking forward to using this deck - one almost imagines one is a card reader at the Moulin Rouge.

Attachments

• IMG_5024.jpg
    IMG_5024.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_5026.jpg
    IMG_5026.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_5030.jpg
    IMG_5030.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 367

FLizarraga

Got mine today and it's a real hoot! I can only begin to wonder what "type" of questions I'll be asking of this deck tonight. Ahem.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

My guess is that this could be a cheer-me-up deck. I don't know how well it will read, but it does put a smile on my face every time I look at it.

littlethings

Mine are on their way! :)

starlightexp

After much anticipation, arriving on the doorstep this week was Eros: The Garden of Love, the third offering from the design team at Uusi. While BRuT may have been their first deck, it was last year’s Pagan Otherworlds, that truly made them a force in the tarot world. Both decks proved that there are still new and fresh ways of seeing the cards in art. That also can be said of the new offering. BRuT was sleek and contemporary and Pagan Otherworld a neoclassical gem and now Eros is a whimsical treat that is both decadent, as well as, satisfying.

I should start off with the note that if you are on the prudish side this deck may not be the one for you. It’s not exactly a sexual tarot but it is on the naughty side. Also if you are looking for a sex magic type deck this deck may not be the right deck for you either.

Eros is the deck you bring out when you want a fun, cheeky evening of reading. Artistically it’s a departure from the stark beauty of their other decks and more of a frolic into the world of burlesque and Pop Art with a dash of Benny Hill going in the background. Be warned that you will see your most uptight archetypes in the deck let their hair down and shoulder straps slip all in the names of Fun, Love and Art.

Production wise the deck is up to the very high standards that Uusi has become known for. One of the stand out things that I loved from their last deck was the attention to detail on the packaging. While not as ornate as PoW, Eros’s box is sill very sumptuous. The embossed sides just beg to be touched. Clever collectors will open the deck from the bottom as to not break the special seals on the top of the box. Not to be outdone the card stock is a linen texture marvel, sturdy, shuffle-able and with just enough luster.

They chose to use a more limited color palate as is usual with at TDM and it works to make the deck a readable one. The Majors and court cards are all colorful, curvy and thoughtfully imagined. The deck is a TdM with the minors being done very traditionally but with a bit of a sexual overtone. The wands and swords are very, erect and the cups and coins are very lush and inviting. The addition of moon cards began with the PoW deck and continues here where we have 5 different lunar cards some with reversible faces. I have worked with them in their last deck and they are a good tool for timing.

Also for those completists out there the “Tarot Naughty Notes From Eros: The Garden of Love” is more then just a well presented ‘adult coloring book’ it also has a clever limerick worked out for each of the Majors, Courts, Aces and Moon cards.

III The Empress

Earth Mother, such a sweet Venus star,
Girl, what a clever Empress you are!
Working with pleasure,
You find the treasure,
Whose delights are never afar.

Overall another beautiful offering from Uusi. Because it’s a TdM it might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is such a fun and artistic romp though the tarot that I would hate for people to miss it. Lace up the corset, rouge the cheeks and let your hair down for a romp in the ‘Card-en” of Love.

FLizarraga

After much anticipation, arriving on the doorstep this week was Eros: The Garden of Love, the third offering from the design team at Uusi. While BRuT may have been their first deck, it was last year’s Pagan Otherworlds, that truly made them a force in the tarot world. Both decks proved that there are still new and fresh ways of seeing the cards in art. That also can be said of the new offering. BRuT was sleek and contemporary and Pagan Otherworld a neoclassical gem and now Eros is a whimsical treat that is both decadent, as well as, satisfying.

I should start off with the note that if you are on the prudish side this deck may not be the one for you. It’s not exactly a sexual tarot but it is on the naughty side. Also if you are looking for a sex magic type deck this deck may not be the right deck for you either.

Eros is the deck you bring out when you want a fun, cheeky evening of reading. Artistically it’s a departure from the stark beauty of their other decks and more of a frolic into the world of burlesque and Pop Art with a dash of Benny Hill going in the background. Be warned that you will see your most uptight archetypes in the deck let their hair down and shoulder straps slip all in the names of Fun, Love and Art.

Production wise the deck is up to the very high standards that Uusi has become known for. One of the stand out things that I loved from their last deck was the attention to detail on the packaging. While not as ornate as PoW, Eros’s box is sill very sumptuous. The embossed sides just bed to be touched. Clever collectors will open the deck from the bottom as to now break the special seals on the top of the box. Not to be outdone the card stock is a linen texture marvel, sturdy, shuffle-able and with just enough luster.

They chose to use a more limited color palate as is usual with at TDM and it works to make the deck a readable one. The Majors and court cards are all colorful, curvy and thoughtfully imagined. The deck is a TdM with the minors being done very traditionally but with a bit of a sexual overtone. The wands and swords are very, erect and the cups and coins are very lush and inviting. The addition of moon cards began with the PoW deck and continues here where we have 5 different lunar cards some with reversible faces. I have worked with them in their last deck and they are a good tool for timing.

Also for those completists out there the “Tarot Naughty Notes From Eros: The Garden of Love” is more then just a well presented ‘adult coloring book’ it also has a clever limerick worked out for each of the Majors, Courts, Aces and Moon cards.

III The Empress

Earth Mother, such a sweet Venus star,
Girl, what a clever Empress you are!
Working with pleasure,
You find the treasure,
Whose delights are never afar.

Overall another beautiful offering from Uusi. Because it’s a TdM it might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is such a fun and artistic romp though the tarot that I would hate for people to miss it. Lace up the corset, rouge the cheeks and let your hair down for a romp in the ‘Card-en” of Love.

Bravo, Edmund! 👏 👏 👏

Shade

I have never been one for directionality though I understand that many Marseilles readers consider that. With this deck it has been a lot of fun to lay out a reading in smaller tableaus and see where the figures' gazes are directed. They always tend to alight on the best bits.