The Quest Tarot - Fool

prk001

He is on the move.
Rather than saying he is walking he looks like dancing and singing... he looks like he is completely enjoying his journey.
This card does not portray the animal as signalling or warning the fool about the cliff, rather he is following the fool.
I can't quite differentiate whether the animal is a dog or a pig.

The earth where is dancing right now is green & lively & shiny whereas the earth ahead of him looks less lively. But the fool looks like he wants to go through his whole journey with the same enthusiasm.

Probably, the fool is looking at the Rainbow and blue skies & the Butterflies only and not noticing the difficult terrain ahead to reach the rainbow. Maybe, he doesn't differentiate the difficulties & the pleasures as much as we do.

For the Fool, it looks like this is the only world & he is running towards it and is going to make a big leap into it. He has no plans or doubts or problems on his mind about the journey. He looks like he is going to take whatever is going to come on his journey & go through it. He looks more like living in the Now and instinctive rather than a thinker and planner.
There is no fears or doubts in his mind.
The Journey can be tough but the spirits of the fool can never be tamed.

mysticalowl

The scene depicted in The Fool card reminds me of the journey along the yellow brick road. That is until he gets to the end of the cliff and has to start making some tough decisions. In the distance is both a rainbow and a rainbow of stars calling to the fool to find his/her path. The butterflys seem to be calling and guiding him as well. They are his guardian angels making sure he makes it to where he has to go. Overall, I think this card is a very upbeat and positive start on the journey of life.

Moonbow

The Fool

Beginnings......

He's dancing towards the edge of the cliff, it's such a lovely sunny day, butterflies encircle him and in the distance the most perfect rainbow appears. Beneath the rainbow is a bow of stars - this is the Fools path - his destiny.

He just couldn't care less, he's enjoying himself and has no inhibitions - life is just perfect with no worries..........

MysticHermit

I am going to start my posting with the first card of the deck.

I see a big rainbow with another rainbow of stars inside it. If I look at it, I may walk or run like the fool is running towards it.
There are beautiful flowers and butterflies in here. The butterflies are also flying towards the rainbow forgetting the flowers. What is there at the rainbow?

MysticHermit

MysticHermit

prk001 said:
Rather than saying he is walking he looks like dancing and singing... he looks like he is completely enjoying his journey.
I agree with this.

The earth where is dancing right now is green & lively & shiny whereas the earth ahead of him looks less lively. But the fool looks like he wants to go through his whole journey with the same enthusiasm.

Probably, the fool is looking at the Rainbow and blue skies & the Butterflies only and not noticing the difficult terrain ahead to reach the rainbow. Maybe, he doesn't differentiate the difficulties & the pleasures as much as we do.

For the Fool, it looks like this is the only world & he is running towards it and is going to make a big leap into it. He has no plans or doubts or problems on his mind about the journey. He looks like he is going to take whatever is going to come on his journey & go through it. He looks more like living in the Now and instinctive rather than a thinker and planner.
There is no fears or doubts in his mind.
The Journey can be tough but the spirits of the fool can never be tamed.
That was a pretty kool description. Its so vivid. I will add it to my journal.

Thanks,
MysticHermit

MysticHermit

mysticalowl said:
The scene depicted in The Fool card reminds me of the journey along the yellow brick road. That is until he gets to the end of the cliff and has to start making some tough decisions.
What does this journey along the yellow brick road means? Is there any story behind it?

They are his guardian angels making sure he makes it to where he has to go.
I would love to have some guardian angels like him.

Thanks,
MysticHermit

prk001

Hi Mystic Hermit,
I am glad you have joined the discussions at the study group.
You will find so much to teach us and at the same time learn from us here. We all enjoy doing that.

You can post in any order as you want. You can even start a new thread if you find the card you are interested in is not yet discussed.

L&L,
RK

MysticHermit

Thanks prk001 for telling me how the posting works.
I am still a beginner, so I will have more to learn from you guys than teach anything to you. However, once I become comfortable & know more, I will not hesistate to help people.

Thanks,
MysticHermit

Sillanza

Lovin' this Fool ...

He's my favorite. He's almost more like a Pan than a pure human. Just a few of the elements of this card that speak to me:

- I love that he's naked -- pure and unashamed in his quest.

- The bundle the fool carries is often said to represent life experiences and knowledge: it's what the Fool takes with him on his journey. I love that the bundle is not slug up over his shoulder, like a burden weighing him down, but is rather before him, helping further his momentum into the future.

- He does seem blissfully unaware of the cliff before him. Will he see the potential for failure?

- Will he see the levees below, an aid in helping him navigate the still waters of the unconscious?

- The narrow levee earthforms in the water resemble the fishing pools that ancient Hawaiians created to trap fish at high tide. Will the Fool also be confounded by simple traps laid for him?