king of wands

SunriseDesire

what kind of outcome would this card be in terms of a romantic reading?

pasara

i would read it as the person or type of person involved, or i would read it as the energy that is created through the relationship: dynamic, fiery, creative, jovian, developed (as opposed to the immaturity of say the page or knight).

moderndayruth

Marriage proposal probably by an older (than the sitter ) man.

starrystarrynight

The seeker may have to take the lead in the situation if s/he wants anything to move forward.

LovelyMissAries

I've read that the King of Wands means the person that the seeker is interested in, also has caring and protective feelings for the seeker as well. Plus, I would say it's quite the passionate card but passion that is controlled and demonstrated properly.

Amanda

This King can get too caught up in business and career to be bothered with passion and seduction... so mine kind of goes along with starry's - the other person might need to take the initiative.

Thirteen

I'd drop a clarification card on down with the question of whether the King indicates the sitter, the other person in the romance, or the relationship itself.

If the sitter, then I'm in agreement with Starry. The outcome is that the sitter is going to have to take the lead in a big way (meaning, guide the other person through a romantic dinner, drinks and bed).

If the other person, then the sitter should be aware that however passionate and romantic this person they're with, that person may also be temperamental and controlling. It's going to be a fiery romance, but on the other person's terms.

If the romance itself, the outcome is a fiery romance, but it will be planned out, not impulsive and likely to last a good long time--which wouldn't be the case if you'd gotten the knight/wands. The King/Wands controls his fire, directs it, and gives out sparks to start new fires. He tries to keep it burning and knows when it needs to be low and warm or flare up hot.

moderndayruth

Thirteen said:
I'd drop a clarification card on down with the question of whether the King indicates the sitter, the other person in the romance, or the relationship itself.

If the sitter, then I'm in agreement with Starry. The outcome is that the sitter is going to have to take the lead in a big way (meaning, guide the other person through a romantic dinner, drinks and bed).

If the other person, then the sitter should be aware that however passionate and romantic this person they're with, that person may also be temperamental and controlling. It's going to be a fiery romance, but on the other person's terms.

If the romance itself, the outcome is a fiery romance, but it will be planned out, not impulsive and likely to last a good long time--which wouldn't be the case if you'd gotten the knight/wands. The King/Wands controls his fire, directs it, and gives out sparks to start new fires. He tries to keep it burning and knows when it needs to be low and warm or flare up hot.
'nuff said! :thumbsup:

SunriseDesire

that's a good point, thirteen. i wish i had used a clarifying card...altho sometimes im unsure of using them since i hear conflicting ideas on the subject. funny thing is, all of the points made make sense! i was a "what is holding him back" spread i did for someone. the last two are outcome he\she wants and outcome that will really happen. this was the outcome that'll really happen