Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group -advance- practice cases for everyone

Sylvie Steinbach

Here is a case study on pregnancy that a student submitted. When you deliver your answer please follow these guidelines: announce the key card, its meanings and then start your break down and explain why. Anyone can participate who has the book 'The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle' as this is a 'no lay out' spread. Thank you for your inputs!

Is Barbara able to get pregnant? yes/no and why?

"20-garden + 4-house +3 ship + 5-tree + 9-bouquet + 33-key + 10-scythe"

Aristede

Sylvie Steinbach said:

Hi Sylvie,

Here is my take on this practice case:
I'm not sure of my answer, but I know I always learn best from my own mistakes, so I wanted to jump right in here.

Since pregnancy is a health issue, I would use The Tree as the key card for this reading since it represents life and health.

Garden + house + ship could show that Barbara comes from a large family, or that she has always wanted to have a large family.

Tree + Bouquet show good health, and both the Bouquet and The Key represent success. The Bouquet shows a wish granted, and The Key shows something that is 'meant to be.' I would say she is destined to get pregnant.

The Scythe ending the series of cards is a little worrisome, but the preceding cards are so positive, I don't see this as a major problem. Maybe some minor surgery will be necessary, or maybe this could mean a cesarean birth!

My answer is yes, Barbara is healthy, and she destined to be pregnant, although she may have a cesarean section.

Thanks!

Aristede

Sylvie,

I also have a question about the cards to the left of The Tree.

garden + house + ship

These cards immediately made me think of a long distance move, but since they don't have anything to do with the question, I chose to interpret these cards a different way. Could they also mean that Barbara relocated recently, or would we only interpret the cards based on the specific question?

Thanks! :confused:

Sylvie Steinbach

Aristede

Hello!

I could not answer all these questions since it is a real case and I do not know the person for whom we are working on...

This thread is only for practice without real answers as cases are submitted by students from real situations who want to see what others have to say...

You guess is as good as mine.

My interpretation of this case is that despite the fact that she is healthy it is possible that in order to get pregnant she may have to undo in vitro procedures to help along -scythe!

The cards on the left can represent the circumstances or recent past and in this case I cannot give any feedback since I do not know the facts. So you could be right...

;)

Sylvie

Aristede

Hi Sylvie,

Thank you for the feed back. I didn't realize that the scythe could also represent a medical procedure other than surgery, so this was a great learning exercise for me.

I understand that confirmation is limited since this is an actual situation. I think that the fact it's real makes it that much more cool!

As always, your help is very much appreciated! :cool2:

LisaW

pregancy

I didn't answer this one because I know the person, but now that Aristede has submitted his take, I will add a couple of thoughts.

Barbara emmigrated into her new country about 3-4 years ago...I don't know if that would have any bearing at the moment, but it's interesting.
As far as I know, there are no plans for her to move.
There was discussion about going back to visit family though...so maybe that's what 20-garden + 4-house + 3 ship is referring to ? I really don't know.

I would also tend to lean towards Aristede's answer for a c-section as being the possibility, or medical help once she's pregnant. It looked to me that she was meant to get pregnant, but would need more medical supervision with it.

Following some guides that Sylvie has said in the past, I would have guessed medical help to get pregnant only if the scythe had preceded the bouquet + key rather than after?

If I ever hear of news on this front, I will update :)

Sylvie Steinbach

Barbara

Since the question is can she get pregnant? we need to stick on the subject as answer. If we were asking how her pregnancy will go? we will then talk about how her 9 months would go and having the scythe at the end of that spread could lead to C section.

BUT it is not what we are asking! Since we are asking the oracle IF she would be then all cards are connected to the IF...

The possibility of being pregnant is determined by the presence of positive cards or negative cards. Sometimes the cards give advice on HOW she can get pregnant or WHY she cannot...

Lisa, stay on subject again! this is your only weakness but this could lead to mistakes.

Aristede had an interesting point on the fact he did say that she had moved away to a different location. Lisa you confirmed it!

So let me interprete this spread...

Garden + house + ship show that she decided to get pregnant at the time of a relocation. It was to a distant land -meaning country, state, region. Also it shows she could have already children (garden + house) that went with her so we expect she has already a big family (Aristede was very close on that)

The tree of course is our key card. With the bouquet it shows that her health is good and the key demontrates that she will get pregnant eventually. The issue is the scythe!!!! and we are not talking of a pregnancy that has already occurred. So it is telling you that something has to still be done to permit that -it is in the future!

Usually in medical venues the scythe represents a surgery -scapel- or a mechanical intervention such as injections, laser, removal, implantation etc...
So in order to be fair in that reading we will have to ask another medical question such as 'can Barbara be pregnant on her own at this point of time?' and see what comes up...

Maybe this will enlight us on what the real meaning of the scythe is...Avoid speculations as much as possible by asking multiple questions like a detective would do...

Aristede

LisaW said:
Barbara emmigrated into her new country about 3-4 years ago...I don't know if that would have any bearing at the moment, but it's interesting.
As far as I know, there are no plans for her to move.
There was discussion about going back to visit family though...so maybe that's what 20-garden + 4-house + 3 ship is referring to ? I really don't know.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the feed back. This was my first shot at interpreting a reading with the Lenormand Oracle for someone I don't know, so I really appreciate the feed back.

20-garden + 4-house + 3 ship made me think of a long-distance move such as to another state, province or country. In Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle, the section on climates and locations (p. 177) lists 'the country' as one of the meanings for The Garden.

I wonder if The Garden could also represent a foreign country? Although I'm not sure why something that happened 3 or 4 years ago would turn up in a reading about something else entirely. It would be interesting if there turned out to be some connection from the past.

Very interesting exercise, Lisa, I'm glad you suggested it!

Aristede

Thank you Sylvie!

I was busy writing my post, and missed that you had already answered my questions.

Aristede

LisaW

pregnancy

Yikes! point taken! lol
the wording of the question seems to get me more than not.
I will do a clarifying spread for Barbara and ask the question: 'can Barbara be pregnant on her own at this point of time?' and see what happens....