Japaridze Tarot

Citrin

Eusebia:
This has been discussed in the reviews/unboxings on YouTube and it made me think. The War card didn't upset me at all actually... I think it's an interesting depiction with a unique layer.

I can see war from a different angle, not just that initial thought of a crazy dictator starting pointelss wars... Sure I have an inner hippie that wants to battle war with flowers and meditation, but I also realize that doesn't always work. I mean, how was world war II stopped? By fighting back, big time. How? Organizing, team working, strong compassionate leaders, structure, and so on... A war to stop a war, to stop further tragedy. Who can do that? The Emperor, of course! :) So I like the War version of The Emperor here. Like I said, it adds an extra layer...

illyria

Eusebia:
This has been discussed in the reviews/unboxings on YouTube and it made me think. The War card didn't upset me at all actually... I think it's an interesting depiction with a unique layer.

I can see war from a different angle, not just that initial thought of a crazy dictator starting pointelss wars... Sure I have an inner hippie that wants to battle war with flowers and meditation, but I also realize that doesn't always work. I mean, how was world war II stopped? By fighting back, big time. How? Organizing, team working, strong compassionate leaders, structure, and so on... A war to stop a war, to stop further tragedy. Who can do that? The Emperor, of course! :) So I like the War version of The Emperor here. Like I said, it adds an extra layer...

I definitely agree with you, Citrin. "War" in the Japaridze never bothered me. Unique depictions of cards have always allowed me to constantly rethink my interpretations, which really should be elastic and evolving. I think this openness to a different perspective always informs one's understanding of the human experience. It's not always an easy or comfortable process, mind, but it is eye-opening and educational if one is willing to undergo it.

manandcards

It's bigger; feels chunkier.

I wrote that and then went to check. It is actually the same width and depth as the PCS Commemorative deck - but maybe a centimetre longer.

Fabulous deck - a quite extraordinary publication. This deck really revived my love of U.S Games. So richly symbolic and dense and unconventional. I think it is perhaps my favourite mainstream publication in a good few years.

I was really put off my an online picture of Two of Tides until I saw a larger image of the painting and the textures changed my mind.

It works a whole because of the artist but the style and symbolism varies. It's a deck that makes you think.

G6

Just got this and US Games really knows how to put out a deck! Top shelf all the way!