a new group proposal

mahimaisme

:)

:D

good to see some people are interested :):)

Lewen, i'm looking to learn too! :) i play around with my cards a lot so most of my "techniques" are self discovered and not "tarot master authorised" :)

Helvetica, i find most of your replies to posts inspiring!! would love to learn somethings from you!! :) conversations with my decks.. i'll try that. :)

catlin, i use lots of no spread readings too. they are quite interesting and versatile :)

Marion, dramas...ooh that'd be expressive. i'm into theatre myself and i think i would learn a great deal by using the cards this way!! thank you for thisl.

what i sometimes do, is put out the first card, see where the person is facing.
if (like the knight of swords) is charging with a sword, i put another card in that directiong: what is he charging at? then one behind him: who is he fighting for?

i find that these readings are often very accurate and descriptive.

yora!! well! who wouldn't want you in..you're soo fun!! :D

so that makes 7 of us...7? is that right? (my maths is bad :p if you counts and its 6 or 5, correct me :D lol)

i hope there are enough of us to actually have a group!

most groups are for specific decks etc but i find that when i get new decks, i prefer to work with them in my own way, discovering cardfs not by sequence but by occurence... so study groups don't work for me.... i thought the one thing constant in learning any deck (of multi-decks) is how we read them with our own twists :)

speaking of which, how many people can we start a fun, exploring, experimenting, discussive group with? what do you think?

m.

Lewen

sometimes I like to take the same card out of my nine decks and line them up next to each other and study the contrasts and what is similar and try get a "feel" for them in that aspect. I was thinking about that today as I was cleaning my closet trying to make a new spot for them since most of them are in their new boxes and stuff. After I'm finished cleaning, I'm going to go and get them and get reacquainted. This last term at school wiped me out and I've neglected them. (The Robin wood reminds me of that fact quite often recently too. It's been tempermental lately).

I look forward to reading and learning and *hopefully* contributing.

mahimaisme

would anybody else like to learn and contribute to this kind of study?
also, how many people is a good number to start a group?
m.

Sulis

mahimaisme said:
would anybody else like to learn and contribute to this kind of study?
also, how many people is a good number to start a group?
m.

You can start a group with just yourself if you want to - there are no limits number-wise.
It's probably best if you try to start out with quite a few people as folk naturally will drop out over time (but then again new people will join in too :))

Do you have a name for this group?

Once you have a name sorted either Moonbow*or myself will start you up an index thread and add your group to the main study group index - that way people can find the threads in your group easily.

Sulis - co-moderator - Tarot Study Groups

mahimaisme

sulis!
thank you again!

"You can start a group with just yourself if you want to - there are no limits number-wise." :D lol.... i thought as much, but, like you saidm i thought maybe i should wait to see if there are most people interested so atleast there will be enough movement and activity! no point starting a group if its going to fizzle out from lack of action in a few weeks, non! :)
well...i guess i'll wait a few days... i hope it picks up! :)
thanks again.
m.

catlin

So count me in

Ok, here is the white cat ready to tune in.

What about naming the babe "New techniques study group"?

mahimaisme

group names....options :)

new techniques study group
:) (we couldn't get clearer than that now, could we). i i guess clarity is also something we need so people don't have to read through all our posts just to figue out what we're doing! :D

Yora

:D Hey i am for sure in! I vote for naming this topic Cindy!

No i agree with new techniques group too! :p Yes. And guidelines wouldn't be much necessairy since it is all about the new, except for daring to let yourself go and go beyond what already is however small or big the idea!

mahimaisme

yora!
welcome :)

just pondering over names....

how about tarot techniques?

Lewen

Count me in...as for names...I'll have to think about it.
But I'm so looking forward to this group!

I just asked my boyfriend and he said "New Tarot techs" but I think I'll have to think on it, looking forward to what the others say.

I do have to admit, "New Tarot Techniques" or "Tarot Techniques" pretty much sums it up. :D