Tarot Spells by Janina Renee

Darkness

Is anyone familiar with the book of Tarot Spells by Janina Renee? I have this book on order as one of my tarot teachers suggested it. I would only be using this for gaining knowledge, but would love to hear what other think of it!

Carla

I have it, it's an okay book for what it is. If you can find a cheap copy, it's worth having a look at. To be honest, you could probably wing your own tarot spells and they would come out similar to these, as it's a little candle magic, a little meditation on a card, maybe some incense...some visualisation...:)

Narwhallove

I have it, it's an okay book for what it is. If you can find a cheap copy, it's worth having a look at. To be honest, you could probably wing your own tarot spells and they would come out similar to these, as it's a little candle magic, a little meditation on a card, maybe some incense...some visualisation...:)

Agree with Carla. It's a bit fluffy, though it is a pretty book with lots of pictures. (Maybe its being pretty with lots of pictures contributes to the fluffiness, too.) I didn't find it particularly informative or meaty, though she's a good and clear writer. I'm no expert on tarot magic, but I think Christine Jette's Tarot Shadow Work a terrific piece of writing that combines tarot with meditation and magic. It *is* specifically geared toward people recovering from trauma or violence or abuse, but I did find it incredibly focused and learned far more from it than Janina Renee's book.

Renee's other book, Tarot: Your Everyday Guide seems meatier, but I haven't looked at it in ages.

tarotbear

I have the original release of "Tarot Spells"; she updated and changed/corrected a few things. (I have a signed letter from her, too!)

I think it's a great, fun book - I have used it many times. Not sure why your Tarot teacher has recommended it for 'further knowledge,' though; it won't teach you anything ABOUT Tarot, just using Tarot cards.

Darkness

I have the original release of "Tarot Spells"; she updated and changed/corrected a few things. (I have a signed letter from her, too!)

I think it's a great, fun book - I have used it many times. Not sure why your Tarot teacher has recommended it for 'further knowledge,' though; it won't teach you anything ABOUT Tarot, just using Tarot cards.

Hi tarotbear, i believe the teacher recommended this book to me because one of my main weaknesses was finding clarity of mind, i think there may be a spell in this book that makes you focus on the moon, the hermit and the high priestess to unlock answers and to bring clarity to the reader perhaps.?

Thank you all for thoughts on this.