Working your Intuition with the Fey

Imagemaker

I just thought you'd already done that.

Yes, for this exercise :) But I'm practicing receiving intuitive impressions nearly all the time . . . it's a game I play . . .

snowy25

Somehow this is a little over my head at this moment.
I think I didn't get one during the shuffeling, just random thoughts.
Or it could be I'm not able of noticeing them jet.

Imagemaker

It's a sign of progress just to recognize that there's a difference between random thoughts and a message of intuition.

Someone at AT once said that thoughts carry emotion (feelings related to what you want or don't want) and intuitive messages don't.

I've found that really helped me tell the difference! So when I "got" impressions in this WIF shuffle, I noticed they had no emotions attached--but it remains to be seen if they have any meaning during this week as precognitive messages.

snowy25

So maybe I did get them and have to pay more attention during the shuffeling proces.
This is very interesting because when doing readings for others I get emotions without memories or thoughts linked to them or sometimes I hear a thought saying what to say or write about a card but never during shuffeling.
All comes after that and it's just like after I've fliped the cards the reading starts.
I'll sertainly keep this in mind and as from today make notes about the shuffeling process as well.
Thank you for pointing it out.

Imagemaker

when doing readings for others I get emotions without memories or thoughts linked to them

Yes, that's it! As for what we get during shuffling, I think this week's WIF exercise is a separate intent--a purpose to see what comes intuitively without the cards' images. It seems like the "next step" of not needing the cards at all--which is a huge leap for me!

This is all so subtle, that's the challenge in sensing what's what.

snowy25

I'm very new to this long distance intuitive thing.
I've always thought during live-readings these things where just there because the other person was in the room.
And found out recently the internetreadings also had this.
I'm very curiouse what the next exercices have in store for us.
It's almost like I've been walking in a darker room so far and now there is more light... LOL

lunalafey

Imagemaker said:
How can we tell the difference between thoughts and intuitive impressions?

I'd like to hear how others do it. For me, the thoughts come from my normal thinking patterns/situations. The impressions come without that--as though dropped in from outside me, not arising from what's going on in my logical mind.

Great question- tough one too {and yes, it is a fun game}
For me there are the directed thoughts, like when you pull up to the stone and mentally run down a list of what you need. Then there are the interjected thoughts- while running down that list, in comes 'where's my wallet?' The subconscious mind knows it was left at home.
This is an example that is a bit closer to self. But it is in the subconscious mind that we can reach out and tap into things outside ourselves; events or situations with other people.
I can't be a blank TV- would be nice. I always have some sort of internal dialog going, with that I get these overlapping random thoughts or visions.
Sometimes it seems that something will come out of no-where because I have put the dialog on automatic pilot or turned down the volume.

moonspirit

: )

Interesting exercise. I'm new to this deck just got it about 2 weeks ago and I love them! I think I would like to try this. Never really done anything like this though but we will see how it goes. : )

snowy25

Welcome ((((moonspirit))))

Interesting exercise. I'm new to this deck just got it about 2 weeks ago and I love them! I think I would like to try this. Never really done anything like this though but we will see how it goes. : )

I'm shure you'll love the Fey!!
The readings with this deck can go realy deep and realy trigger the uncontiouse a lot.

Have fun!!

lunalafey

announcement

ok-
This is strange- or is it just me;

the study of the five cards views a 7 day time period-
I picked from April 29 to May 6.......Imagemaker made an error in her thread title and put May 1 and requested it be changed to the 6th- that I did; as is noted at the bottom of her post-

NOW- all, except my, title say the 1st.....(cuz I just changed mine)
even Imagemakers is back to a 1 and not a 6- (which I will change again)

SO my question to the announcement: who had put the 6th?
who has a title that needs correcting?
some are doing the study from the 25th to the 1st and others are doing the 29th to the 6th.....who's who???

let me know so I can make adjustments with the titles...