Jean Baptiste Madenié Tarot

Wulfrun

In my quest to discover the delights of different versions of the Marseilles Tarot, I discovered this amazing historical Tarot on the TdM Heritage website, coloured in an amazing palette of Fire and Ice. Does anyone know if it is available in exactly those original colours as a reproduction?

I think the Jean Baptiste Madenié has to be my all-time favourite!

Le Fanu

This is also probably my favourite original Marseilles. I only didn't recommend it in the other thread because you don't see it on the Book Depository anymore so it's slightly less easy to order for those who like to use the big sellers (not sure if you're one of those!)

But it is stunning. The edition out now is the second edition which I don't have. It is absolutely beautiful. I have three first editions and I rounded the corners on one for regular use. Because I'm a philistine.

Wulfrun

This is also probably my favourite original Marseilles. I only didn't recommend it in the other thread because you don't see it on the Book Depository anymore so it's slightly less easy to order for those who like to use the big sellers (not sure if you're one of those!)

But it is stunning. The edition out now is the second edition which I don't have. It is absolutely beautiful. I have three first editions and I rounded the corners on one for regular use. Because I'm a philistine.

Oh I'm glad there are other fans of this gem and that it's actually been reproduced and is at least potentially obtainable - you've made my day!!! I'm not bothered where i get it from so long as one day I can own it - any suggestions as to where to look are gratefully accepted! (I did a search on Bing but it didn't turn up any sellers. Google might know better so I'll try searching on there.)

There's nothing wrong with rounding corners etc - I hope one day to get the Lombardi by Duck Soup with the standard black borders and then just cut them off because I prefer the backs on that version! I've also been known to draw little clothes etc on nude figures in certain Tarot decks (did it with my copy of the Archeon) so they won't offend anyone, which perhaps has to be quite a severe form of cartomantic phillistinism!:joke: (or perhaps it's just pearl-clutching - nevertheless some would see it as sacriledge! The list of decks I've embellished the artwork of is growing longer however, and I even bought a set of metallic permanent markers specifically for the task!)

Lisa Myobun

Oh I'm glad there are other fans of this gem and that it's actually been reproduced and is at least potentially obtainable - you've made my day!!! I'm not bothered where i get it from so long as one day I can own it - any suggestions as to where to look are gratefully accepted! (I did a search on Bing but it didn't turn up any sellers. Google might know better so I'll try searching on there.)

There's nothing wrong with rounding corners etc - I hope one day to get the Lombardi by Duck Soup with the standard black borders and then just cut them off because I prefer the backs on that version! I've also been known to draw little clothes etc on nude figures in certain Tarot decks (did it with my copy of the Archeon) so they won't offend anyone, which perhaps has to be quite a severe form of cartomantic phillistinism!:joke: (or perhaps it's just pearl-clutching - nevertheless some would see it as sacriledge! The list of decks I've embellished the artwork of is growing longer however, and I even bought a set of metallic permanent markers specifically for the task!)

Hey dear - you can buy it directly from Tarot de Marseille Heritage through their boutique (31 euros).
http://www.tarot-de-marseille-herit....html?osCsid=eadbd0de7f5a72f2a9228eed08c74494

Lisa Myobun

Thankyou but I can only see the Tarot Pierre Madenie on there - it's the one by his son Jean Baptiste that I'm after (I was getting all excited there too!:joke:)

Sorry!!! In my ignorance I thought there was only one Madenie!

Wulfrun

Sorry!!! In my ignorance I thought there was only one Madenie!

Well i did a double take and thought "oh indeed it lives, and right under my nose!" and then saw "Pierre", so it is an easy mistake to make!:grin:

Le Fanu

Can you link to a Jean Baptista Madenié deck? I did a search and only got the Pierre one plus a few misidentified Italian decks. To be honest, I also only know the Pierre Madenié in print.

Wulfrun

Can you link to a Jean Baptista Madenié deck? I did a search and only got the Pierre one plus a few misidentified Italian decks. To be honest, I also only know the Pierre Madenié in print.

They're on the TdM Heritage website gallery page, but you have to scroll all the way down past the lovely Chosson to see them. I'm feeling a bit deflated now because I suspect it's not in print anywhere!:(

Beanfeasa

They're on the TdM Heritage website gallery page, but you have to scroll all the way down past the lovely Chosson to see them. I'm feeling a bit deflated now because I suspect it's not in print anywhere!:(

Don't be deflated, yet, Yves Renault is a member here and can also be easily contacted through the website, he will tell you if it's available, or will be available, they just released the millennium Marseille deck, so who knows what they have planned for next. Try him. He is a very nice guy