Amethyst changing colors???

saleeneh

I recently found a beautiful amethyst ring. I tried to find its owner, even left my name and number with our town police. I have never really worn amethyst and my question is; when I take the ring off for awhile it is a light lavender like color. When I wear it is gradually turns darker and darker purple. Is amethyst sensitive to body warmth? (No this is not a mood ring LOL) it is a nice ring, gold and amethyst.

TractJM

I've seen amethyst totally lose color when attached to the body - it seems to be giving a lot of energy when it does this. I have a small amethyst wand I connect to my solar and heart chakras as a bridge and also to draw energy down through the crown through each chakra to the root - when I use it during very intense and stressful days, by the end of the day, it looks like clear quartz, and needs a full night with my quartz sphere and carnelian to restore itself to color.

Likewise, during very happy days, I've seen it become a dark purple.

I don't think it's body warmth since I've had it go both ways for me - I think it's actually energy flow and what kind of work it's doing on you.

saleeneh

Wow! that is sooo kool. So you think it is energy transfer?? interesting. So it must be displaying my energy level when I wear it? I am overall a very calm person and tend to give out energy to others. thanks

TractJM

saleeneh said:
Wow! that is sooo kool. So you think it is energy transfer?? interesting. So it must be displaying my energy level when I wear it? I am overall a very calm person and tend to give out energy to others. thanks

I think so :D I believe if it turns darker, it is increasing in energy of the same vibration. Sodalite and crown/purple color stones resonate with me and change color - and all my crystal quartz and stones develop angelic rainbows when they sit in my pocket or on my body for several hours. It's really amazing because my wand won't show those rainbows normally but when I use it or have it on me for a long time, when I pull it out again, it's absolutely glowing rainbow.

I think that ring was meant to be yours, to work with you.

saleeneh

Hi funny you should say that I feel that it was meant to be mine too although I feel bad for the woman who lost it. I have honestly tried to find her. It doesnt even look like te same ring i found. When I first picked it up It was outside a dollar store and i thought it was one of those mood rings (that is how bad it looked) now it shines! funny.. thanks Tract when are you warming up those runes????

Alta

It does seem that as the stone responds so strongly to you and also that you tried to find the owner, it must be yours. :)

celticnoodle

I agree, the ring was meant for you. it just seems like it sought you out. I took the liberty to look up the amethyst properties for you--so you will gain an idea as to why this ring found you--

Amethyst has come to be known as a power crystal with prolific healing powers which can be characterized as purifying, pacifying and transitional. Amethyst has the ability to transform lower energies into higher and acts as a healer at all levels of mind, body and spirit.

Amethyst has identified as a crystal that functions favorably in clearing certain types of blockage and in aligning the Chakras. By transforming energies on all levels amethyst also has the ability to balance and stabilize energies located within certain Chakra areas. Amethyst is related to and found to heal and align ailments of the the 6th and 7th Chakras, which are the Third Eye or Brow (6th) and the Crown (7th).

Amethyst aides the 6th Chakra, Third Eye, by opening and heighten awareness, both spiritual and psychic. Its calming qualities help to awaken and ease stress in this area. It helps to also heighten perspective and allows development of strong introspection (inner-self view). Amethyst is used to also increase intuition and psychic development. The Third Eye is the energy center for all levels of consciousness for which amethyst aides the in the transition from a normal state of consciousness to a deeper awareness.

The 7th Chakra, or the Crown controls the energies used in any mental activity. Amethyst helps to relieve strain or tension in this area. It is considered a helpful aide in meditation and in the facilitation of psychic visual enhancement. It is used on the Crown to allow past life recall to emerge. It's tranquil sobering effect allows those who are energetic to relax. It also is a cure for insomnia and nightmares and makes the intuition sensitive to understanding that outside of scientific reasoning.

there is alot more on amethyst that you can find online--just google it. not only is it a pretty stone, but offers alot for its 'owner' & is an amazing stone. wear it in good health! :D and enjoy it! :)

saleeneh

thank you guys!! That is interesting. I knew amethyst helped increased intuition but I never realized how or saw such a blatant demonstration of its energetic properties. I notice the color of this ring matches the outer border of this website when I do readings. It is truly fascinating that it reaches that deepness of color.

TractJM

I need to start wearing my double sided amethyst wand again, I've been really chaotic lately with this transition and neglecting my stones, though I think this was by intuitive guidance. Amethyst is also one of the highest vibrational crystals out there. I have a wand, a cluster and a polished stone. My 7 th chakra is my primary, so it'll help me - and I believe it was meant to dramatically aid you spiritually and also to stimulate your higher chakras! :D

celticnoodle

saleeneh said:
thank you guys!! That is interesting. I knew amethyst helped increased intuition but I never realized how or saw such a blatant demonstration of its energetic properties. I notice the color of this ring matches the outer border of this website when I do readings. It is truly fascinating that it reaches that deepness of color.

wow! that is pretty dark!!! very cool, saleeneh!