5 of pentacles

casia

I´ve been doing some relationship spreads and this 5 of pentacles card has been showing up. I´ve read that this card means financial and health loss but somewhere I also read it has to do with love, lovers and love affairs. Does anyone have something to add to this idea?????

willowfox

Disappointment in a relationship or love affair, being rejected by the other person in a love affair, feeling abandoned by one's partner, the end of a love affair/ relationship, feeling lonely because nobody loves you, unable to form a relationship because nobody wants you.

Vadella

Only thing I can add is a lacking in the spiritual department.... and not at Sears either.

xx
Vad

Grizabella

It can also mean sticking together through thick and thin. Taking care of each other even when the rest of the world turns away. There are many more good interpretations, depending on surrounding cards and the position in the reading.

Every card has both good and bad interpretations. None of them is either all good or all bad. :)

A couple more---finding your way spiritually---finding a resource to help you on your way with that.

Finding material or financial help when you need it. Just because those people are outside the church doesn't mean they won't be taken in.

coyoteblack

casia said:
I´ve been doing some relationship spreads and this 5 of pentacles card has been showing up. I´ve read that this card means financial and health loss but somewhere I also read it has to do with love, lovers and love affairs. Does anyone have something to add to this idea?????

it can be marriage or the break up of one.

the 5 of pents can mean change of financial wealth when you get married it sure can change.

well that was the gist of 78 notes to self tarot by the numbers by mercyme.

casia

Solitaire* said:
It can also mean sticking together through thick and thin. Taking care of each other even when the rest of the world turns away. There are many more good interpretations, depending on surrounding cards and the position in the reading.

Every card has both good and bad interpretations. None of them is either all good or all bad. :)

A couple more---finding your way spiritually---finding a resource to help you on your way with that.

Finding material or financial help when you need it. Just because those people are outside the church doesn't mean they won't be taken in.

Yeah that is what I was thinking, because the church in the back is a symbol of hope.

casia

willowfox said:
Disappointment in a relationship or love affair, being rejected by the other person in a love affair, feeling abandoned by one's partner, the end of a love affair/ relationship, feeling lonely because nobody loves you, unable to form a relationship because nobody wants you.

Willowfox.... wouldn´t this be more like the 3 of swords???? I´ve got the scapini deck and in that image a man is kissing a womans hand, that would be like looking for eachother (in a relationship) in very hard times.

Say you???

bec

It's also the card about believing everyone else is better off then one self. Self delusionel "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" - powerty and misery comes in many forms, to me, in 5 pents, its something the person puts on them selves.

willowfox

casia said:
Willowfox.... wouldn´t this be more like the 3 of swords???? I´ve got the scapini deck and in that image a man is kissing a womans hand, that would be like looking for each other (in a relationship) in very hard times.

Say you???

I see your point but I see 3 swords as a very painful and heartbreaking card, a pain caused by others. The 5 pents I see as a card of problems that have been self imposed, those people who have chosen to waste their resources. The kissing of the hand is in no way an intimate gesture, it was done as a greeting, to show respect and out of politeness, and if I was in a loving relationship, I would kiss the partner's lips not their hands. So, the 5 pents does not show a loving couple in hard times, your 5 pents is showing something altogether different.

Grizabella

willowfox said:
I see your point but I see 3 swords as a very painful and heartbreaking card, a pain caused by others. The 5 pents I see as a card of problems that have been self imposed, those people who have chosen to waste their resources.

You can't say for sure these people have wasted their resources. That reflects a strong personal judgment and prejudice on your part, in my opinion. For all we know, they could have been burned out of their home, robbed of their assets, been in an accident, or many other things outside their own control. You have a very narrow, jaded viewpoint if that's your only interpretation of this card.

willowfox said:
The kissing of the hand is in no way an intimate gesture, it was done as a greeting, to show respect and out of politeness, and if I was in a loving relationship, I would kiss the partner's lips not their hands. So, the 5 pents does not show a loving couple in hard times, your 5 pents is showing something altogether different.

In the times these cards portray, kissing the hand most certainly was an intimate gesture. Even up to the present day, it can be done in an intimate relationship in some instances.

I prefer to keep a more open mind with the cards. It opens up my readings tremendously and makes them much more pertinent to the questions asked.