Fairytale Spread The little match girl

Astraea Aurora

Hi all,

yesterday I`ve read the fairytale “The little match girl” by Hans Christian Andersen and its sad story inspired me to this spread. If one of you doesn`t remember the story you can re-read the fairytale here:

http://www.online-literature.com/hans_christian_andersen/981/

I think it will be helpful in stressful times when we need to reduce that stress and don´t know how (Christmas time for instance, as in the fairytale) and when we are stuck in a situation and see no way out.
The spread`s pattern is that of the little girl sitting in the corner between two houses.

1 The winter`s cold or the poverty. What situation tries to get you down?
2 The father threathening smacks. What dreads you?
3 The corner between the two houses. What shelters you?
4 The hot oven. What warms you?
5 The pleasant-smelling roasted goose. What nourishes you?
6 The Christmas tree and the presents in the warm room. What pleases you?
7 The grandmother, taking the girl`s hand. Who helps you?

I haven`t tried out this spread yet. And I would use a deck with a joyful atmosphere (as the fairytale plays at the last day of the year, Silvester) or with a sad or darker atmosphere.

I`m open to any suggestions. Hope you like it.

Blessings, Astraea Aurora

Goldfish

This sounds like an excellent spread! I can't wait to get home and try it out! I know someone who needs this type of advice/direction!

Brightest Blessings

Astraea Aurora

Hi Goldfish,

thank you. I`m glad you like it. Hope it helps that person as much as I enjoy reading the fairytale.

vernissage

Ah, such a beautiful story! I did not think it quite so sad as you did, perhaps because I interpreted it differently.

I do enjoy your spread! Perhaps there could be a position to state 'what motivates you' - just as the little girl was motivated by the glamour she saw in the lights of the matches to light more of them. And perhaps another to state 'what is hidden / real / denied' - to represent the chill death that stole over her, and her being completely unaware, being so trapped up in the wonder. :)

- V.

Astraea Aurora

Hi vernissage,

`what motivates you`would be a good position as the little girl is so fascinated by the burning matches and has so much hope in what they could bring her.
For `What is hidden / real / denied` I`m not sure I would add it. I was glad I had a straight spread, just focusing on what is now essential in your life, what you have to take into consideration right now. I find hidden positions very hard to interpret - especially when it comes to other people`s hidden things. If you want you can still add it - I wouldn`t.

So the NEW spread looks like this:

1 The winter`s cold or the poverty. What situation tries to get you down?
2 The father threathening smacks. What dreads you?
3 The corner between the two houses. What shelters you?
4 The glamour in the light of the matches. What do you hope for? What motivates you?
5 The hot oven. What warms you?
6 The pleasant-smelling roasted goose. What nourishes you?
7 The Christmas tree and the presents in the warm room. What pleases you?
8 The grandmother, taking the girl`s hand. Who helps you?

vernissage

Astraea Aurora said:
Hi vernissage,

`what motivates you`would be a good position as the little girl is so fascinated by the burning matches and has so much hope in what they could bring her.
For `What is hidden / real / denied` I`m not sure I would add it. I was glad I had a straight spread, just focusing on what is now essential in your life, what you have to take into consideration right now. I find hidden positions very hard to interpret - especially when it comes to other people`s hidden things. If you want you can still add it - I wouldn`t.
I understand and can appreciate aspread for what is happening 'right now.' :) Thank you for your taking my thoughts into consideration.

Much love,

- V.

Astraea Aurora

vernissage said:
I understand and can appreciate aspread for what is happening 'right now.' :) Thank you for your taking my thoughts into consideration.

Hi vernissage,

your welcome. That`s why I said I`m open to any suggestions that could make the spread a better one. I must admit I totally forgot about position 4, the glaumour in the light of the matches. So, thanks for your input!

Many blessings, Astraea Aurora