3 Card Bonanza

purple_scorp

Hi Jen.
If you're looking for a possible interpretation on the Sun/Moon/Stars reading, how about going with the astrological interpretation? However, you would need to change Stars to Ascending (Rising Sign). The following descriptions are from http://www.astrologycom.com

Sun:
The Sun, the life-giving heart of our solar system, rules will and individuality. It is the core of your potential and uniqueness as an individual: who you are and what you are about. It represents the main direction and focus you want your life to take and your determination to accomplish what you set out to do.

The Sun's position in your horoscope demonstrates the depth of your personal honesty and integrity, the ability to command respect and authority, to impress and influence others. It indicates the stamp of your character, the deepest flavour of your individuality.

Moon:
The Moon reflects the power of the inner light, channeling and moulding it into the shape of your personality. While the Sun stands for the character, or ego-self, the Moon displays your nature in a way that can be grasped by the outer world. Ruling desire as opposed to self, or need as opposed to reason, she indicates your feelings about yourself; how you handle relationships and your emotional response to situations and experiences.

The Moon manages the flow of your daily functions: physical, emotional and mental. The Moon symbolises your home base and domestic environment, representing babies and young children, your mother and other important women in your life.

Ascending:
The sign that is on the eastern horizon at the moment of birth is called the Rising Sign or the Ascendant. The Rising Sign governs your outer personality and physical attributes. It represents your self-image and, to a considerable extent, how others see you. It also affects your health issues and the type of illnesses you may experience.

Cheers
purple_scorp

Tallarico

Problem/Solution/Encouragement is one I use.

rachelcat

Great Ideas!

I was checking out the spread index and found so many suggestions for 3 card spreads. Fantastic! The one that caught my eye was "Red Light, Yellow Light, Green Light" from Jen in the beginning of this thread. It's perfect as a light-hearted yet useful advice spread. I'll be trying it out! Thanks Jen!

wildchilde

Thanks, Jen! This thread is definitely a keeper! You opened my eyes to the wonderful beauty of the 3 card spread. I always thought of it as more a "basic reading" than an indepth answer. Boy was I wrong!! I have tried a few of these and often find there is no reason to search any further for an answer. Thanks again! :)

Flavio

Jen said:
7. Red Light/Green Light/Yellow Light
  • Red Light - Don't do this
  • Green Light - Go ahead and do this
  • Yellow Light - Caution/be careful/be aware of this

9. CPU/Monitor/Keyboard
  • CPU - Querent's thoughts on the issue
  • Monitor - How the querent views the issue
  • Keyboard - What the Q can "input" so the issue will work in their favor
I loved those two :D thank your for sharing them!, they look funny and down to earth and surely provide great insights.

Imagemaker

There's one in the Tarot Games book that makes me laugh whenever I see it, it's like a fishing spread, goes something like:

the bait, the catch, the outcome

Or you could say
What I offer the universe right now (worm)
What I may catch (fish)
What I could make with it (meal)

Indigo80

yes, the CPU one!

cracked me up today actually. just started an externship and all other kinds of things i'm brewing and stewing on as usual...but still things aren't quite in place the way they need to be shedding skin and tryin on new one for size, but trying to keep my spirt and some kind of career going all the while, while still following my heart--all after wrecking my car almost a month ago and re-learning how to trust myself, or rather realizing i never did. anyway, check out these cards i got tonite with the CPU/monitor/keyboard spread:

CPU- 4 of wands
Monitor- 4 of swords Rx (talk about patterns in numbers...!)
Keyboard- Ace of pentacles Rx

Sooo--yeah, knowing i'm on the right path, building up knowledge and hours during externship (CPU/4 OF WANDS); needing rest and relaxation but not getting it b/c there is too much to take care of, even if it happens to fall during a post-accident period(4 of swords reversed) and wanting to nurture my creativity but still knowing i'm a bit blocked and scattered, almost drained, no thoughts of romance or the like, voluntary celibacy so to speak--too busy, too focused, too preoccupied with being preoccupied? (ace of cups Rx) ...

anyhow, i dig this spread and will proabably try most of the 3card bonanza spreads. they are awesome for beginners who are trying to get deeper into their practice.

Ashtaroot

Love the Red Light/Green Light/Yellow Light

Thank you for this thread:thumbsup:

Amazing spreads. thank you sinduction for guiding me here
I love the Red Light/Green Light/Yellow Light

I will be trying all of the above
this is great for everyone

Glass Owl

The following thread has a ton of excellent 3 Card Spreads:

Collecting Your Best, Brightest, Most Exciting Three Card Spreads!!!
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90695

Here is also two 3-Card spreads for the nosey... :)

Mind/Body/Spirit Spread by Grizabella
1-2-3
1. What does X think of my mind?
2. What does X think of my body?
3. What does X think of my spirit?

3 Card Spread (author from AT?)
1. X's consciousness (what's actively on X's mind regarding Q)
2. X's feelings (for Q)
3. X's subconsciousness (what X is pushing down, trying to avoid thinking about in terms of Q)

AmberFox

Body/Mind/Soul

Just this morning I did my first ever reading with the druidcraft tarot. I used a 3 card spread Body/Mind/Soul and with the question.. What am I missing?

The result for me was spot on and it has given me more energy...if that makes sence.

BB AmberFox