Galena/lead....does it have side effects

214red

Hi

i sat next to someone who had a big peice of galena with them, and i felt affected by the lead, it felt like it was interfering with my energy.

has anyone heard of this?
Also does anyone know where you can buy it in the uk?

Thank you
Nik

thorhammer

Lead is hazardous to health and causes brain damage and birth defects, but I'm not sure if elemental lead is biologically available - as in, it might have to be lead oxide or some other compound before it can harm you. But it's bad.

\m/ Kat

214red

thorhammer said:
Lead is hazardous to health and causes brain damage and birth defects, but I'm not sure if elemental lead is biologically available - as in, it might have to be lead oxide or some other compound before it can harm you. But it's bad.

\m/ Kat
thanks kat i know its dangerous, but in small doses for grounding it should be okay?

thorhammer

214red said:
thanks kat i know its dangerous, but in small doses for grounding it should be okay?
Hmm, I certainly wouldn't use it as I use other crystals . . . but that might just be personal preference talking.

I think there are many other grounding stones out there, and if you get a bad feeling from lead/galena then you by no means should try to use it as a grounding (calming) substance/entity. Try jasper of some kind, or tiger iron, or obsidian, onyx or even smoky quartz.

\m/ Kat

morticia monroe

According to my research, the mineral galena, because it is a compound where the lead is bound with sulfur, is a safe mineral to handle. But I would still recommend washing your hands after handling and of course you don't want to lick it or break it, causing the dust to be inhaled. But I do have a small piece that I handle on occasion, and have never had a problem. But to err on the safe side, I do more admiring than handling.

However, I am not an expert in any way.

214red

thanks to both of you, i know the one that was suggested to me for easy grounding or rather lazy grounding they said was safe (but to wash your hands after handling).
thanks!

Briar Rose

You may want to write t International Isotopes;

http://www.intl-isotope-soc.org/

They check gems and minerals to see just how safe they are.

Rember my thread on Vaseline glass? They told me it gives off a backroom radiation.

They are the company that does testing on the treated gemstones to see if they are safe to wear.

They would be the best ones to answer your questions.

And I my guess is to not use the galena. But I could be wrong. Go write them and let us know.

214red

thanks for all you help on this thread, i have the galena now and its very powerful helping me ground, its very powerful in general.
I understand the side effects so i dont handle it often with bare hands but i love it, the energy that it has is fantastic