Is froud Sexist

cheekyminx

*grabs her deck*

The women are definitely curvy and ample. Which is OK by me, cause I'm like that :D The lady of the harvest I can identify with my sister :laugh: I won't comment about who I resemble. I think he just had my sister and myself in mind. Though I'd like to know what's going on with Epona's Wild Laughter }) lol

I don't think the deck is sexist. He could have had a couple of near naked men in the deck though :D Maybe next time *crosses fingers*

Kahlie

Little Baron said:
Sometimes, I think it can be nicely hidden, in both cases. I don't think that anyone sitting there with their legs wide open and everything on show looks particularly good, male or female. Some modern photographers do this, but I think it more for shock value.

LB

Shock value indeed, not my cup of tea... But I think the thread was mostly about the fact that Female Fae show their breasts so often in this deck, and Male Fae don't show almost anything...

I think also because breasts also have connotations of nurturing and motherhood :p

I would find it odd if the Female Fae would have wisps of gossamer over the breasts, as they have a naturalness with nakedness that humans don't...

Kahlie

Kahlie

cheekyminx said:
I don't think the deck is sexist. He could have had a couple of near naked men in the deck though :D Maybe next time *crosses fingers*

But there are... Journeyman for example is completely naked. Gnome King at Faeries of the Future is completely naked (well, he has a hat...) as well as another gnome that is in there. The pixies in The Faery who was kissed by the Pixies are almost all naked except for hats. Mikle a Mukle is almost naked (again a hat). Bodach from The Bodachious Bodach is naked, and so and so on and so on :)

Kahlie

Little Baron

Kahlie said:
But there are... Journeyman for example is completely naked. Gnome King at Faeries of the Future is completely naked (well, he has a hat...) as well as another gnome that is in there. The pixies in The Faery who was kissed by the Pixies are almost all naked except for hats. Mikle a Mukle is almost naked (again a hat). Bodach from The Bodachious Bodach is naked, and so and so on and so on :)

Kahlie

They're hardly pin-ups though, are they :D I mean, Mikle a Mukle! Hehe.

LB

cheekyminx

:laugh: That's funny Kahlie. The men you mentioned, well I wouldn't exactly call them attractive. I agree with LB ;) Not my cup of tea lol

Himself isn't a bad card or the piper. Those two lads near naked would've be OK, but I want to see a real man ;) Hope you're reading Froud :p

Little Baron

cheekyminx said:
Himself isn't a bad card or the piper. Those two lads near naked would've be OK, but I want to see a real man ;) Hope you're reading Froud :p

Solus

LB

cheekyminx

How could I forget Solus. But he isn't showing me much skin ;) He does have lovely features though :D

Kahlie

cheekyminx said:

LOL. Why are you looking for a real man in a Fae Deck? ;) The Female Fae don't look that much like women either, I think... maybe it's the Frog legs and the tails that do it... or the wings ;)

I find all Fae to have a certain attraction to me... but since it was asked if he was sexist, I found it safe to point out that naked Male Fae are abundant too :)

Sage comes by a lot for me too, and he's very attractive in what he represents.

How do you like Sylvanius then?

Well, think on the bright side... You always have the Fae Guide Card... You could draw what you want it yourself! =) And then scan it and send it to the rest of us! :D

Kahlie

Little Baron

Kahlie said:
Well, think on the bright side... You always have the Fae Guide Card... You could draw what you want it yourself! =) And then scan it and send it to the rest of us! :D

Within the lines of public decency, of course ;)

LB

Kahlie

Little Baron said:
Within the lines of public decency, of course ;)

LB

Why? Fae are never decent..... right? :D

Kahlie