Pregnancy prediction spread

rainwolf

waleswoman said:
Just what every perimenopausal woman wants to hear with her oldest 25 and youngest 12...gulp, deep breath and the mantra...this is a blessing.
[size=+3] o.0 [/size] .....what-what-what?!

Lutherin

I did a Celtic Spread

I keep getting either a Ace of Wands,Three of Cups/Ace of Wands,Ace Of Cups there "baby"cards. But no matter what spread I do they always come up what does that mean? Also I'm not with child

MissyJo

This is the thread that I hit on in the search engine that led me to finding this forum.

I tried the Tree spread yesterday for a reading on myself using The Medicine Woman Tarot. Here's the layout I had with it:

1- Root: Strength (Healing)
2- Early Growth: The Moon (Grandmothers)
3- Flowering: Two of Cups (Bowls)
4- Fruition: Empress (Bounty) with clarifying card Four of Pentacles (Stones)
5 & 6- Past: Heirophant (Peacemaker) and Five of Pentacles (Stones)
7 & 8- Details that arise as venture develops: Three of Pentacles (Stones) and Eight of Pentacles (Stones) with clarifying card Page of Wands (Apprentice of Pipes)
9- Outcome: Ten of Cups (Bowls)

I had never tried the Tree spread before but I like it. I need to play with it some more to really get used to it. Usually I do the Celtic Cross, 12 month or Three Card spreads (past, present, future format).

Currently, I do not believe I am pregnant and in fact, hubby had a vasectomy almost three years ago. For the last 6 months I've been pulling what I would say are pregnancy indicating cards in my spreads. I've also had my friend Zara do readings for me with a completely different deck over the phone (She's in a different state) and she keeps pulling pregnancy spreads and indicating cards for me too.

So I guess we shall see. *L*

Blessings & Harmony,
Missy Jo

krysia322

RedMaple said:
Hi,

I just did a pregnancy prediction reading using Kris Waldherr's Beginning Tree Spread. It's posted on the Reading Exchange "Circle of Stones - RedMaple and Crontrascarpe."

The spread looks like this:

---------------------------9------------------------------
----------------6----------4---------7-------------------
------5--------------------3--------------------8--------
---------------------------2-----------------------------
---------------------------1-----------------------------

1. Root - deep issues pushing toward venture
2. Early growth - How your talents and actions will support it
3. Flowering - how others will react to it
4. Fruition - how it will change you and your life
5 & 6. Past - things to consider before beginning venture
7 & 8. Details that arise as venture develops
9. Outcome if venture proceeds as planned

I found that the position meanings changed a bit as as I did the reading - the Root, Early growth, Flowering and Fruition became much more literal in terms of the pregnancy. The past stayed the same, the 7 & 8 became more about how it would change the querent's life. And the Outcome card stayed the same.

I think this worked well, but I'll really only know next year if it's accurate. LOL

RM
RM,
Whatever happened? Can't leave a story hanging like this! ;)

:)

Pendle Hill

I think this notion is a little dangerous. To look at pregnancy specifically could give rise to a situation where one has given possibly false hope to a desperate couple. I've always corrected querents who describe the tarot as some kind of psychic media by telling them that the tarot only reveals information that the querent imparts to the cards. If pregnancy comes up in the course of this fair enough, but I think its frought with problems to look at it in isolation.

PulchraElectri

I think this notion is a little dangerous. To look at pregnancy specifically could give rise to a situation where one has given possibly false hope to a desperate couple. I've always corrected querents who describe the tarot as some kind of psychic media by telling them that the tarot only reveals information that the querent imparts to the cards. If pregnancy comes up in the course of this fair enough, but I think its frought with problems to look at it in isolation.

I agree. I think it's one thing to do a reading for your self to see if there is a possibility of pregnancy. But I don't think this type of reading should be done for others. I had a friend years ago that had a reading done that said she would have children. She went to the doctor a few months later and had to have a full hysterectomy because of cancer found in her uterus and ovaries. It broke her heart. It can be confusing because you may see children in someone's future but that does not always indicate a pregnancy. It could indicate adoption, niece's and nephew's, grandchildren, god children, anything.

krysia322

One thing I've since learned (since meaning after the conception/birth of my last child, who was born on All Hallow's 2008):

If one is asking "Am I pregnant" using a Rider-Waite style deck (or Robin Hood, basically any deck that features a blindfolded woman holding a pair of swords), this is emphatically a NO. You are not pregnant.

That's what (finally!) dawned on me as I read and re-read the cards... Until at last, *happy dance* - Preggo!

Basically, what the 2 of Swords was trying to tell my (stubborn) self: 2 lines are NOT seen.

To which, of course, hindsight inserts a big, fat DUH.

It makes perfect sense: The woman does not see (the) 2 lines that indicate a woman is pregnant on a pregnancy test. No 2 lines (which generally mean a positive result, whether the lines are crossed, vertical parallel, or horizontal parallel) means NOT pregnant.

That's what I've found to be the case in my tarot journey. :) Suffice it to say, my cards are definitely relieved that I. Am. Done. having kids. No more card-harassment. :) Hope this helps. :)

sitna

I had a very positive experience with the Celtic cross, I mostly like it, because you can tell the couple more about what they can do, or in what kind of circumstances they are. I predicted the timing, the way, and the help, recently with the celtic cross, and did one some time before in which I told the couple there wasn't much of a chance because of quite some disbalance. They picked up everything to work on that disbalance, and it turned out in a positive reading next. So Celtic cross can do a lot, along with details that can help the couple deal with things.