Does anyone know the title?

Vita-morte

A few years ago I read a book (fiction) that delt with a lot of tarot information. It turns out that a lot of the information in the book was factual. I'd love to read it again, but I don't recall the title. Here's the basic plot of the story: A young girl predicts her grandfather's death at sea. Coincidentally, her grandfather's second wife deals with tarot cards and predicts the same thing. I recall that the woman says that the crystal balls were only for show, but the magic of the cards is real. The grandfather does die at sea and I think the wife dies soon after. Years later, the girl gets the tarot deck her grandfather's wife had and an old woman in the town who deals with tarot cards tells her that the deck is quite rare. The girl sleeps with a different card under her pillow each night to become better connected with it. The magician in the deck turns out to be evil and the other cards try to warn her of this. Many of them, particularly Death, scare the girl and she doesn't recognize their warnings for what they really are. I'm sorry if this post is really senseless, but that's all I can remember well from the story. I hope someone can help me remember, I really want to read it again!

Vita-morte

Thank you. I didn't find that book, but I'll have to try some of the other books on that list.